Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nsra nats 2012.whos going??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Jul 16, 2012.

1. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

I heard today that the host hotel lost 100 rooms ... I called about my room and they told me at this point I need to call back next week to see what will happen

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48253551/ns/local_news-louisville_ky/#.UAnanpEdySq
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. 40coupefan

40coupefan
    from Trumann,AR

Gonna be there Wed. thru Sun. driving a green 40 coupe.

3. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I will be there, I never miss that show!!!

Billy

4. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Won't be making it this year. Saving my fun tickets for the Frog Follies and Pigeon Forge and hopefully the Redneck Rumble. Wish I could afford them all. Maybe next year since I haven't been since the flood.

48 Poncho

5. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Yikes!!Can you imagine if that parking lot was full of Hot Rods:eek::eek:

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Anyone???

7. NSRA NATS in Louisville has it all...nice big facility to handle the mass of cars,folks to erect canopies..big canopies,a massive AC building for not only vendors but seminars,food,lady's world an mostly some comfort from the heat if needed.A large swap meet an a nice big arena for giveaways an awards not to mention music.The whole town turns into Hot Rod Central.I am originally from the Ville an now live in Lexington.Good times.

8. Holy Crap - that is where we (and most exhibitors) are staying!!!!

9. Buckster

Buckster

Myself & 3 friends will be driving up Wednesday morning from the Atlanta area.

10. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Those of you that have reservations at the HQ (Crowne Plaza) might want to reverify your reservations...had 60 mph winds last night and blew the roof off the east side! I talked to the reservation lady today and she assured me they would be OK for the Nats....BUT that's only 10 days away...see video and read article if interested..

http://www.wave3.com/story/19070791/crowne-plaza-hotel-damaged-by-strong-winds

11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

A friend and I went once sevral years ago and nearly burnt up from the heat, however I have often thought about going back but I have gone yard sale shopping for car parts etc. etc. the last sevral years on the "Hwy 127 yard sale" that extends thru sevral states, Its always the same weekend.

How big is the swap meet? I dont remember one from when we went years ago but we may have missed it since we didnt stick around long.

I enjoy the inside swap meets in the spring and fall there.

12. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

In the years since Peoria, I've only missed 2. Gonna go----again---- this year, along with about 20 of my Vintage Tin buds BILL RINALDI

13. musclecars

musclecars

I don't own a hot rod(yet)but I have been going the last 3 years,usually get down on Fri.afternoon and spend all day Sat.walking my ass off and taking lots of pics.Hopefully I can make it this year,not working steady so money is a bit tight.Here is a link to pics I've taken of past shows.

http://public.fotki.com/62704/nsra-car-shows/

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Wow! You do take a lot of pics. Thanks!
    Hang in there,If you want one bad enough,you will eventually come up with something.

I like this one,It has a 70s vibe;)
    [​IMG]

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Saw pictures on the Louisville TV and theres no way the Crowne Plaza will be done in ten days. The roof is torn off not to mention the damage to the rooms. If anyone loses their room at the Crown Plaza, PM me for suggestions on motels.

16. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I'll be there. Putting my fresh 32 Ford sedan delivery in the builders showcase. First time without a vendor booth since 1995. It's gonna be tough to kill 5 days in that heat.

17. pitman

pitman

Lets hear it for roadstering, must be a west coast thing...:rolleyes:

18. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

I plan on going but as some guy's already mentioned, be ready for the heat. It's been unbearably hot in the Louisville area recently. I have a feeling the indoor exhibit building will be very popular this year.

19. 40Vert

40Vert

Unfortunately no. I have been assigned out of Indiana since last August and won't be able to get the 40 driveable until next August...but the I'm pretty sure my 56 will be there. I'll look for you and Dave in your usual spots:D

20. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

that spot (fairgrounds) is a magnet for rough weather, the big flood,tornado a couple years back hit churchhill downs and just down the street,small flood a couple days before the nats a few years back.always the strong storm during the nats and now this.must be all those UPS planes coming in and out.lol

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  21. Pitman & all interested parties...they keep saying that the crown Plaza will be ready sometime next week. They had water damage on the top two floors from a broken sprinkler pipe. The other four floors are still in use from what I can figure out. Post/PM me a week from now and I will give what info is current at that time according to local TV. I will give update on bridge repairs and traffic also if needed. The have also stated more than once that they will be done in that area before the Nats. REMEMBER..the state fair is the next week and that is the really big deal. The nats is the third largest income event in town so they are trying hard to accomdoate us. Tim

22. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Would love to, but if I do it will have to be Thurs/Fri. Our family reunion is always on the 1st Saturday in August and they haven't all died off yet... :rolleyes:

23. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

We will be there. First time in years we have been to the Nats,hope its as good as I remember........

24. papastoyss

papastoyss

We will be there Thurs.-Sat. as usual. Driving our Earl Schieb painted '40 coupe.

25. pitman

pitman

Thanks Tim! Sounds like folks are going to show up.

26. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

I will probably be there Saturday snappin' pics.

27. WDO40

WDO40

yep yep gone be there

28. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

I wont be making it, I get the joy of working. The good thing is thats more hot rod money!

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

pops and the crew going ?

30. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the Ky State Fair is after the Nats