Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is she worth!??!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbopper51, Jul 19, 2012.

1. All original 40k miles running flathead !!

Attached Files:

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

3. gwayne

gwayne

Just by what I see and mileage around $10K and up... nice looking oldie ;)

4. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Not much.....lol.

5. Minimum $10,000.00

6. No rot what so ever ..

7. Billybobdad

Billybobdad

What is the asking $$$

8. Just not sure to sell my chopped Merc and pick up this stocker

9. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Id say 12k and up...

10. Anyone wanna by my chopped Merc

11. Some Punk

Some Punk

This... but with NO rot, and 100% there... I'd throw 16.5k-18k at it.... She's a beauty!

12. low merc51

low merc51

13. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

If the car is as nice as the pics, it sounds priced right. Somebody might just jump on it for that.

14. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I dont know, it looks nice, but its along ways from original, that is way brighter than the original yellow in 51, the interior has been redone, so I am thinking that the car is probably a 70's resto instead of an original car, with that being said, you dont really know whats under that paint, value? $10,000 at best not knowing whats there for sure....look it over really well, and if you dont know cars very well, and cant "see" whats under that paint yourself, find someone that can. Just my .02 Jim

15. Thanks guys. It's been put away in heated garage for the past 20 + years and the started and drove to store and back . Hasn't ran in 2 yeArs since the old man died I guess.. I'll have to ask about paint Jim.. The car is in my home town in tn but my highschool friend owns an antique car shop so he is looking at it for me :)

16. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

thats not to bad of price Joe, i sold my 51 a few months ago for 19k. are ya wanting to start over??

17. I believe it's best.. This car is solid he sent me over 100 pics almost every inch underneth on hoist and all.. Got that original coating under it . Having my buddy check it out tomorrow .. He's like you.. Knows what to look for. Mine car is on eBay

18. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

ya i saw it on there..

19. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Look at the engine pic, you can see the very bad masking job on the yellow paint line, that is like an earl schibe paint job, you need to really calm down and look at this from a 3rd party point, I would hate to see you sell your car just to see you buy a car that was not what you were expecting....Becareful! Jim

20. It sounds good from your description, and pics. the price of $16,500 isn't too far off.
    I would want it for $12K, but would go to $15K.
    Harder to find these now, if it were me I wouldn't let a couple of grand either way, prevent me from owning it.

21. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Here we go again...

If you're going to shell out some big beans, why not spend a few extra beans before hand and look it over yourself, rather than take the word of ...even your buddy

Ever hear of "I'm from Missouri....show me".

Seeing it in person for yourself, then you can make a decision on what's it's worth, not mine..

Your opinion and my opinion are two distinct things, about the quality of something.

IMO:eek:

HellRaiser

22. It is a buyers market right now. Six or seven if there is no rust cover up. You can not pay more than you can sell it for. There are some nice cars on e-bay that do not get a bid and a few years ago they were going for $30,000. Lot of cars do not meet half of the reserve. Do not chop the car. There are a bunch of them already chopped and you can buy them cheaper than you can chop them.