Register now to get rid of these ads!

Milk truck wheels = crazy money

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 392_hemi, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Sounds like your up to bat...tool up and let us know when your version is done

Joseph Alain Dubois likes this.
  2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Or you Chris:)....a set of these, at least on the rear, would look nice on one of yer rides holmes...

3. TV

TV

My alum. milk truck wheels are a perfact match for the originals. We put them side by side and the only differance is the upset on the valve stem hole and we have a fix for that. The add in this post is mine and we have them ready for sale. --TV

4. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Wait, they're making 18" rings? I want to sell those

5. I'd give em a try, wonder what they would look like on a lowered, full fendered 33 pickup :D

6. moonlight graham

moonlight graham
    from wyo

Brad, as I mentioned earlier I have both an original and aluminum set and with 20-20 vision when the wheels are side by side I can't see the difference. Even my original trim rings fit. However, pick both up and then you'll know why Tom and Kevin's wheel is the way to go.

Geoffrey

7. AV8R

AV8R

I'm pretty sure I just bought a set of these? so they are a ford truck accessory wheel? any brochures or ford advertising for them out there?
    [​IMG]

8. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

PM Lucky Burton.

9. Maverick - yes, those are the sought after "milk truck" wheels that everyone wants in the large Ford pattern...Nice score!

10. 1931modela

1931modela
    from montana

All american wheels makes a painted aluminum one for about $400 each. Looks nice but not $400 nice

11. $3500 for steel wheels....

For that price I would just get a set of Halibrands....with tires...and still have $1000 left over...

12. Fenders

Fenders

Those would be 1932 wires... a friend has four for sale for $100 here in Mass.

13. Heo2

Heo2

Well...........I dont want them

14. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

... Ok ok ok... So i think im missing something here... Why are these wheels worth so much? My neighbor has some old milk/bread trucks sitting behind his house...

15. Unfortunately that is the name that has stuck to this type of wheel. They are an K/H accessory wheel. 17" split rim versions were used on '38-'42 Chev 3/4 ton trucks here in Australia, they are a high clearance wheel.

They are so sought after because back in the late 40s onwards Hot Rodders used them at the lakes and Bonneville they were used with 18" Indy tyres. At the time they were cheap as chips, far cheaper than Halibrands, today those K/H wheels are around the same value of Halibrands.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

photos from The Bob Roddick Story: Part 2

16. Supply and demand. These rims were used on belly tanks at Bonneville with used Indy tires back in the day. I doubt you will find any on any old milk trucks though. I would love to own that set that was pictured above but I ain't gonna pay that kind of money for them.I'll just keep looking for a deal myself. I will own some some day. Looks like Jimmy beat me to the punch.

17. McFly

McFly

maverick_is_dangerous

Are you going to put them on the roadster?

18. AV8R

AV8R

McFly, I thought they might look good on the roadster. Since I have a set of 4 rims, I was hoping to use them on all 4 corners and still have "bigs and smalls", but from the photos I have seen (like above) most guys ran firestones all the way around or had a different style steel rim (16" maybe?) on the front. Not sure if I want to go with different back/ front rims, just tires? something to start looking at.

Jimmy B, thanks for sharing the photos!

19. deto

deto

20. AV8R

AV8R

anyone know if trim rings or hub caps are available for these?

21. 40 Ford caps fit. Trim rings are hard to find. Pm me if you decide they are not for you.

22. Awhile back, some guy wanted to see Divco rims on his Rod in PS to end all PS thread.
    I google searched to find these which that closely matched the perspective of his picture. I thought they looked pretty cool after I PS'd them on. I PS'd the box on the back in too:D.
    [​IMG]

23. the-rodster

the-rodster

Ford's factory lift kit....

[​IMG]

24. Those hubcaps on the trailer are gonna HAVE to go!

JH

25. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Rich,,those yours???

26. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I really don't care for them, but if you want the latest trend, ya' gotta pay.

27. the-rodster

the-rodster

Yes, that POS is all mine, need some parts?

Shhh, you're gunna hurt Bob's feelings.

28. Is that the wood veneer version or the Junior??

29. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

yes. i'll take the wheels please! :D

30. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

hahaha