Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 34 Ford Tudor project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345winder, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Besty34

Besty34

Subscribed thanks for sharing

2. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

since i mentioned vacation (holiday)..i thought i would share the pics of the WWll era fighters we got to see flying over the harbor doing aerobatics,,,truly a sight to see,,,i didnt get to hear the anouncers mention of what type of planes the are,,but it was truly enjoyable...it was over a pictuese harbor and at the time to me, it was almost as if i was i could imagine them buzzing over Pearl Harbor...( i know, not the same thing,but it was a sight to see)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Looks good man, grill is cherry!

4. Nice dune buggy :D

Glad y'all had a good trip and made it back safe.:cool:

5. I would like to see picture of the NV3500 installed with shifter location. I thought it would be too far back so passed on buying a couple of them at good price. If it will fit well, I'll look again for one. If you could measure from shifter to firewall or back to door post, it would help in assessing position for me.

Thanks

6. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks Earl Schieb!

i tried to take the pics showing the shifter in relation to the a pillars/dash/and a bit of whats left of the front seat to show shifter placement. the trans & bellhousing obviouslly take up a lil more room than the stock trans... hope this helps.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Thanks! That is the one for the fullsize pickup, correct? It looks like even the S10 one, with shifter closer to tailshaft could work as well. Picture's worth a 1000 words.

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

9. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

yes, this is the fullsize chevy truck trans that was behind a V8 originally...it wont be tearing up the dragstrip with this trans, ..with the low first gear and the tall 7.50's it should work out great, plus the overdrive should put me where i want to be when cruising on the hwy. :)

thanks Thunderbirdesq! i have been studying your coupe chop pics for inspiration, hope ya dont mind!

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I like! What made you decide to go this route instead of another flathead besides from what you've said already. Something happen with your '33?

11. looks great! I like the overall look of the car....... are you gonna chop it???

12. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

This Tudor is gonna be sweet. Glad to see your back in the game with a model 40. Good Luck!!!

13. Good looking car Sammy

14. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

well, IT's chopped!

over the past couple weeks, i decided to change my original plan of thrashing to get it running before the end of the summer and chop it later. after thinking much about it,, i didnt really see the point of throwing it together and spending a bunch of money up front just to drive it to a couple of car shows before winter,,,

..so instead i decided to chop it since it wouldnt cost me more than a stack of cutoff wheels and a roll of welding wire..

.....early in the week, i started taking out all the glass,garnishes and dash,,...............then wendsday night i layed out the masking tape cut lines..........thursday night cut the roof off..............friday night,went out to eat with the wife,................,,all day saturday was spent trimming ,tacking,triming and tacking and welding the Bpost and rear window & Cpillars,,..................,today(sunday) spent the better part of the day working the A pillars,, they are leaned and as of tonight they are just tacked back together,they still need several hours of work,along with the door tops, none of the welds are ground down or metal finshed...and sorry for the crappy in progress pics as you scroll down,,my camera decided to take a dump ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in progress pics...(sorry for crap pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DylanHill1931 likes this.
  15. agshelby

agshelby

Great looking profile - it looks perfect. Completely changes the look of the car.

16. Retro61

Retro61

17. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I love the model 40 sedans. Keep the photos coming. Here is one I was after a few years ago with the same look but flathead powered.

Attached Files:

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looks awesome!!!!

19. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

20. ATOMBOMB

ATOMBOMB
    from Kentucky

21. You HAVE to drop the axle now.....Lookin' good, mang :cool:

22. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

I have a soft spot for '33-'34 Ford Sedans, and THIS one is headed in the right direction. Perfect chop. I am subscribed to this thread! Keep up the good work

-Josh

23. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Thanks Fellas,,,,i will run a reveresed eye lowered front spring,,,but keeping the stock Henry axle..if that doesnt get it quite were i want it,then i may have this axle dropped( i plan on lowering the rear some too once i'm done with the chop)

24. Besty34

Besty34

Nice chop - how much have you taken out ? It looks more than 4" - its made my mind up I'm going to have to take the fenders off mine it looks the business

25. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

26. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

its right at 4" ,, i seriously considerd going 5 (which i think looks killer on a coupe), but i was leary that it would make the sedan body look too long..., Besty,.... man, i lovethe look of yours WITH the fenders!

27. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

Look......it's a HOTROD! Cool!

28. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

one side of A pillar /door top is welded up...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DylanHill1931 likes this.
  29. There is no doubt that it's gonna be a nice looking hot rod!:) HRP