Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

2. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Who wins ???? what did they win ???? what what what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That bus is a military based unit, here's one local to me.
    [​IMG]

4. Gromit

Gromit

ROTFLOL... I just about snorted cheerios when that popped up! Brilliant:p

5. HZRDPAY

HZRDPAY
    from TN

6. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

What do you get when you cross a Barracuda with a Falcon?
    Something that's neither fish nor fowl...

[​IMG]
    FaBa03 by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

7. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

[​IMG]

8. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

was it a military truck customised by hughes, or was it his design that went into production for the military?

well anyway I found a picture of one i think, maybe that will serve as a better base for customising.

Why dya buy a bus anyway?

Attached Files:

9. easyissy

easyissy

Anyone else wanna try different scallop? Open to different colors too. Getting ready for paint soon :)

Thanks!!!!!

10. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Just for practice really cos I normally suck at scallops.

11. THANKS!
    LOOKS AWESOME

...still dont know how you guys do that!

12. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Glad ya like it I might make the top of the hood that color also, might look kinda cool. might not lol will mess with it in a bit.

[​IMG]

13. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

14. I was trying to get something done for FAS, but my day job has been too busy. But I'm compelled to give some form of contribution.
    As a fellow Pontiac lover, hope this gives you a general idea. It might be too orange than cinnamon? I don't know.
    55pontjpg.jpg

15. IRISH13

IRISH13
    from SoCal

Thanks beebing. Its very close to how Im thinking. tryin to decide between chrome steelies and astros. I think astros are the answer.

16. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

17. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

Thanks Btrsweet THAT LOOKS AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT TO BUILD IT SOMEDAY

18. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

I know I have posted this before and received great responses... so here it comes again. I am trying to filter through more and more ideas running through my head.

[​IMG]

Can someone please do this up with a white body and a red flake roof, an orange flake roof, and a blue flake roof? If you do the orange/blue, can you match the wheels to the roof?

I am thinking about going with the Roth Tropi-Cali, Roth Cherry Pie, or Roth Blue Balls .015 Flake.

Cherry Pie
    [​IMG]

Tropi-Cali
    [​IMG]

Blue Balls
    [​IMG]

Im thinking about ending the roof color at the edge that seperates the rear deck from the trunk if that makes sense. Before someone did an awesome split at the belt-line, but I would really appreciate seeing just the roof done up.

My best MS Paint example for the roof [​IMG]

if it isnt too much trouble, lower it as well.

I am getting closer and closer to my vision. When this started, I was asking you guys to throw out ideas.

Thanks for all of your work so far on this car fellas . I know it isnt the coolest ride to work on.

19. WOW

Very cool!

20. thank you !

21. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

I have never really liked the way the trim droops down the side of my car. Can I get someone to remove the existing trim and photoshop a simple spear that runs from the front fender just in front of the door to the end of the rear quarter panel, just above the rear wheelwell opening?

Attached Files:

22. Can I have the "spears" at the ends? :D

23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here is a 1958 Chevy Del Ray spear, shortened to fit.

[​IMG]
    56Dodge03 by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

Here is the Del Ray again. This was actually an accident.
    I planned to make it level with the car, but it just looked
    so cool running the full length at an angle - I just left it!

[​IMG]
    56Dodge02 by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr

24. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

Thanks - that kind of "seals the deal" - I am definitly getting rid of the stock trim. The way it droops accents the relativly short rear overhang and makes the back of the car look too heavy & thick.
    I have to get all the mechanicals sorted out before I tackle the body...but I am gathering parts, and you can bet it will be shiney. I starting to get sick of the satin paint on it.
    The plan is a mild custom/performance/luxury theme. Kinda like as if Dodge had a version of the Chrysler 300. I just dropped a healthy 440 in it, so a big part of the "performance" upgrade is done.

25. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

26. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

That Buick trim looks better than I would have ever guessed. I intend to simplify the overall look of the car, but I am going to *right click*save* that picture for sure. Thanks!

27. Movinman

Movinman

Forgive the crappy cell phone pics. I'm looking to make this ugly duckling into a nice smooth cruiser. Wide whites, maybe some bellflower tips, flaked roof maybe? I want to see what you talented guys come up with. The third picture is the powder coated rims.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I finally got a really good side pic of my car, so I'm hoping someone can help me out with visualizing my plans for paint. I'm hoping to get it painted by the end of the weekend, but we'll see how it goes... I was messing with it in photoshop myself, but the computer is all packed up since I'm moving to Sac for school (starting at Wyotech next month!!)

Here's my plan:
    a slightly lighter blue for the body, with blue candy fades above the wheel wells and side trim, and everything below the side trim will be silver. Then I'm thinkin blue flake roof (I'll be spraying a blue candy over HEAVY silver flake) with silver outlined panels on the c-pillars... I'd like to see the handles and "portholes" shaved too... maybe just the rear handles?? not sure on that yet... also not sure how it could be done in photoshop, but I'm mixing in some blue powdered glass with the clear on the body...
    I'm doing all lighter shades of blue, nothing real dark. I'm going for a kind of 60's show car look, all sparkly and light like it should be floating on a cloud...

[​IMG]

29. waylow64bird

waylow64bird
    from Buffalo MN

can somebody flake this in blue or a darker blue lower it with chrome wheels on it thanks

Attached Files:

30. -Brent-

-Brent-

Hello, Gents.

I've picked up a touring car and I'm playing with the look. I'm wondering if one of you would be so kind as to chop the top of this car about 3/4 the height of the top section of the windshield.

My plan it to chop the top section of the windshield and then lower the bow attachemnt on the body to match the amount removed. That way I don't need to modify the height of the bows. I will have to shorten the front roof protion, I presume.

Anyway, here's Monkeybiker's car, mine will look similar - but chopped.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files: