Register now to get rid of these ads!

iola 2012 big scores

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldschool1, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Has anyone got a big score from this years iola ol car show? I went on thursday. I got everything i was looking for. No score of the century. I'll be going again saturday afternoon. (grr work in morning) and take in the actual car show. Did anyone see stanley steamer? it was pretty cool.

2. snelson57

snelson57

Not a big score but I did ok -

• 3 briz bumpers, two of which destined for my 48 plymouth
    • a new pair of smithys for the 29
    • a replacement headlight lense for the 29 chev - been watching for one of these for about 3 yrs
    • some desoto and olds hubcaps
    Saw some friends, ate some chicken....

Attached Files:

3. mmm chicken diner.....did you get lost? did you have to met at the tower?

sounds like a good weekend

4. ha.....i guess i walked right along side your for a bit, you were carrying them and i was checking the bumpers out wondering what they were for

5. snelson57

snelson57

That was the infamous PovertyFlats carrying the bumpers....I was carrying the 200lbs of mount that came with them.

What do the fit? The only thing that I am positive of is that they dont fit a 48 plymouth. But they are aluminum and they will bend.

6. Hope I got a score; didn't go, but my buddy did, and took part of my wish list. I'll find out in the morning, when we're back at work together, if he found the 56 Chev wagon rear bumper I was looking for!

7. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

pair of 409 heads
    Nice Edelbrock carb
    couple hurst shifter bodies
    couple Hot Wheels for my son
    Couple Point Lagers!

8. krooser

krooser

34 Chevy hood and deck lid.... needed them.

9. :cool:

10. thechopperguy

thechopperguy

Showoff! :) It was good to meet you on Saturday.

11. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

nothing big, just an old metal sign for me. My buddy did score a nice set of 4 old american mags

12. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I was really disappointed this year I did not find any rusty treasure this year.I bought a few new things i needed for the shop but that was it.I thought being there on thurs and fri would have helped.

13. Next year will be better. I tell myself that when I have an off year there. And, the following year is. This year was exceptional! met alot of new friends and saw a bunch of old ones

Yippie next up is SYMCO SHAKEDOWN and RRRUMBLEFEST! YIPPIE! CANT WAIT!

Has anyone heard anything about a rumored burlesque show at the shakedown?

14. Squablow

Squablow

I'm honestly not sure if the burlesque show is still on or not, but I can find out and report back.

I scored a really nice sunburn, along with a few odds and ends for resale, but mostly what I bought was old bicycle stuff for my tank bike. Maybe it's just because I wasn't really looking for them in years past, but it certainly seemed like there was way more old bicycle stuff this year, which was great for me. I got a lot of the stuff I was looking for, including a set of truss rods which I'd say was my best score of the weekend.

15. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I got a smoking hot deal on a gas pump that got burned up in a fire, some really neat B.L.C. headlights and some 59 Buick backing plates.

16. yup keep posted!

17. krooser

krooser

the pleasure was all yours...:d

18. carnut341

carnut341

I got a 55 Pontiac grille pan that I've been seeking for about 25 years! I found it on Thursday and the guy actualy had two of them.

19. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i didnt get any big scores. we sold a lot and i didnt get out much to hunt around. now im back thinking of what i did see and DIDNT buy!!
    3-4 hours of sleep, HOT as hell out, busy selling... wish i was back there now theres a few good scores id buy!

20. Set of skirts for my son's Customline, seat belts for daughter's Bronco. Misc tools. All in all a cheap experience. Last year......Yblock 3 duces for $300, bunch of bronco stuff...lotsa$.

21. Squablow

Squablow

Sounds like it is on, or at least the team putting it together is still working on it. Not sure what day though, my guess would be Friday night.

22. Sweet!
    any ideas to the what time it would be at? keep posted with details as you get them.

23. Tentative Friday at Midnight. It will be classy, so don't expect to come for a raunchy, dirty, strip show.

24. Sweet! I'll be there for sure.

25. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I had a great time !

Near perfect OEM 36 Ford grill $200
    Deuce front fender $120
    40 steering wheel $90
    Deuce headlight $30

26. sounds like you did!