Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A Found!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim-Bob, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Whoever stole this thing needs to be dragged behind it till dead! First I've heard of that H.E.A.T. hotline, it's a great idea, the more we can get the word out there the better off we are!

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blog...3-f479-489c-914c-d053e8dec27b&icid=autos_3157

We're happy to report that the 1930 Ford Model A roadster stolen two weeks ago has been located.

According to the Detroit Free Press, the car—which disappeared from the Henry Ford museum parking lot along with its travel trailer and Ford F-250 tow vehicle on June 26—was found in a Detroit industrial area earlier this week.

The Model A's California owner can breathe a bit easier knowing that his classic survived the heist unscathed. Unfortunately, his F-250 is still missing. The pickup is white on top and gold on the bottom, with a NASCAR sticker in the rear window and a NASCAR license-plate holder. The California plate number is 6P95641.

If you have any information on the F-250, call the Help Eliminate Auto Theft tip line at (800) 242-4328 or visit

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just read about this. Why can't the promoters, owners or sponsers get security enough to prevent this shit. How does someone walk or drive into a parking lot and steal a truck and it's trailer? Alarms? Cameras? Roaming guards? If I had a VERY valuable car, I'd hire someone to sleep with it.

Sometimes, it's hard to feel sorry for the victim.

3. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Im glad it was found...

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw that either here in another thread or on another board the other day. It appears that who ever stole the truck, trailer and Model A dumped the trailer with the Model A in it soon after. It appears that the thief was after the truck this time.

5. Jim-Bob

Jim-Bob

Or that the truck and/or its parts would be easier to sell than the A stuff!

6. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Draggem behind a train.

7. I heard about that. Glad they found it.

"Tie 'em to the car and drag 'em"

8. We chain dragged a guy that stole a bike once when I was a kid. Not long enough for him to die but long enough for him to wish he did and not want to tell.

I doubt that it will ver come to that in the hot rodding community but maybe it should.

Glad the A bone is safe it was probably the truck and trailer that they were after.