Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Wanted!!! 1964/65 Ford Falcon A/FX Pics!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by FAST EDDIE'S HOT ROD SHOP, Nov 24, 2009.

1. SOHC427

SOHC427

Hey Mike, ole 3 pedal Roy, liles the gears, and he is usually pretty open on his feelings about that. (Girls Transmission)
    I look forward to seeing your FE powered ride, too.

Don't bother tring to take the heat off of Eddie, as I make it a top priority to hammer on him, as much as possible. What are friends for, anyways?? haha

Eric

2. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;you knew I HAD to throw something in there!!!! ROY.

3. oj

oj

One of the early legands was in the shop yesterday and was asking how much to build him a car. He might be dreamin, he can afford the car no question, i don't know. He said he already had a body and is anxious to get started. I'll be surprised if it happens but if it does there'll be one hell of a build thread on here for sure!
    And, no i am not going to say who it is for obvious reasons.

4. SOHC427

SOHC427

OJ, what a terrible tease you are! At least give us some car details!!
    Eric

5. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Roy

Meeting you & Dale along with Ken & Eddie is the motivating factor behind my plans to go to CHRR this year. I've been skimming a little here & there from my project budget all year and the trip is looking good. We just gotta get the Colorado boys to kidnap Eric to make it a party.....Mike

6. oj

oj

thats Dick..who? Walters? what about Estevez? if indeed it is a Dickie.

7. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;Eric says he and Ken are going to CHRR!! So I guess I need to get my money in and see if the A/FX powers will let me play again,might have stepped on a few toes by out qualifying a few big blocks with my old small block truck engine!!!!!

8. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Get the $ in Roy, those afx powers want to put on a show and wheel standing gear banging is what the crowd pays to see!..Al

9. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Roy

Thanks for the lead on the bellhousing. I was too late, it was already gone. Jegs & Summit have new ones for around $470, so I am hopeing to find a used one with expired SFI in the $150 - $200 range. Any word from Dale lately? Is he feeling better?.....Mike

10. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;talked to Dale Friday,he is on the mend,has some scarring.The 'Rocket' is still apart waiting on his engine builder.He unloaded both 65 Fairlanes,still has the 66 Comet,is finishing up an altered wheelbase Mopar[I believe a 64 Plymouth] and has shoved his early Barracuda into a black hole at the shop!I will keep my eyes open for another Bellhousing!! ROY.

11. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;will call tomorrow[Monday] to see if I can go play with the big boys!!!!!! ROY.

12. Damn:

Feeling a litlle beat up :(

Drove my car last week, what about you Eric!

Fast Eddie LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

No worries eddie...i park with with ya in the pits...us small blk guys gotta hang tight...i like 1/2 the weight and just as much power in an ole wrapper...

Rooster

14. Falconred

Falconred

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MD1320guy [​IMG]
    OK...In my best Sherlock Holmes impression let me speculate about the OJ build.

Its on the 64-65 Falcon A/FX forum...so its probably a Falcon A/FX.

OJ is in VA not GA or TX so that lets out Bonner, Platt & McNeely. I hear Dick Walters moved to VA.

So..... my deduction is "Dick Walters" in "Virginia" with the "Iowa Shaker".

Any other WAGs.....Mike

I guess I missed the original post from MD1320Guy and wondered what he was refering to?

15. SOHC427

SOHC427

Your butt a little sore, Eddie?? haha

Did I drive 3 of my 4 old Broncos, 2 of my Model T's, or what???
    No, I didn't drive my Galaxie. Did you drive yours??
    I am pretty sure, you will drive your Galaxie, before I drive mine, though!!

As you know, it's my job to beat on you, every chance I get!
    And I think I do it well.
    Usually you run from a good debate, just like a dinner check!
    Eric

16. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Finally a weekend without a race, family or grandkids. I got almost 30 hours in the garage (doors closed, A/C on, frige & TV) over the weekend. All that time & it doesn't look like I accomplished anything. Certainly nothing to take pictures of. Drilled a lot of holes, burned a bunch of welding wire, ran the grinders til my fingers hurt. At least I'm still a step (or maybe 2) ahead of Eddie's wagon. LOL.....Mike

17. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;I think Eddie and I are in a dead heat on the SLOOOOOOOW department on our wagons!!! ROY.

18. Race Artist

Race Artist

Any information about this Falcon? The year this was taken, the track? Could this be the ex-Bedford Ford car that was pictured running in VA?
    Joel

19. Race Artist

Race Artist

Any information about this Falcon? The year this was taken? Looks like Aquasco/Capital in MD. Also looks like NASCAR U/S class designation on the windshield. Joel

Attached Files:

20. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

jandlcars

Its so nice to see another sedan builder. Keep up the good work & keep us posted on your progress.....Mike

21. Madmax62

Madmax62

This is Dave Pinta's Chicago based 1965 A/FX Damn Yankee Ranchero. Anyone have any other photos or information on it ?? Thanks !!

Attached Files:

22. Great article on the build of Brannan's Car.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  23. SOHC427

SOHC427

That 427 Falcon is bad! Tell Eddie a 427 in the 2 door wagon is the way to go!
    Eric

24. Judd

Judd

Cool build.

25. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Eric

You should loan Eddie a Cammer for the wagon. THAT would be BAAAD AZZZ.....Mike

26. 65COMET

65COMET

Fast Eddie;I wore the new shirt at the Paso Robles car show this weekend,it was a hit!!! Cleaning the rig then loading up to get ready for the trip to Canada,leaving some time Tuesday!Dale says I'll be running N/SS with the FE boys,guess that my old truck engine runs good enough for them!!!! ROY.

27. SOHC427

SOHC427

Mike, can't lend it, till it's done..... Shitty deal with Earl's passing......
    Eric

28. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Nice looking Sprint.....How fast is it? What power plant?....Al

29. SOHC427

SOHC427

I agree! Details please!
    Eric