Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tool box crash! What a mess.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bedfordboys, Jul 14, 2012.

1. bedfordboys

bedfordboys
    from bedford va

Ever happen to any body else. I was putting a couple of tools away off my cart and she started to come after me. I am careful not to open too many draws at one time. I had an old service counter sign on top of the box (it was neon) that made it out o.k. Oh well gonna finish lunch and clean this mess up.

Attached Files:

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Suuuuuck!!!!!

3. Yep!

Years ago (around maybe '79) I worked at a Chevy dealership and a box fell on a Vega in an isle in the shop crushing the quarter panel. No tools were spilled but the Vega was a mess!

4. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

That sucks bro...

5. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

On the positive side, will be a great time to clean and organize.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Oh dude! That hurts!

7. You could have had it cleaned up by now if you weren't sitting on the computer.

8. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Dang dude... There went the rest of the day...

9. Hasnt happened to me (yet)- but one time my little mobile toolbox fell off my tailgate and that was a nightmare picking that up so I can only imagine how you feel. Sorry to hear.....

10. BillWallace

BillWallace

I worked for a major airline & the hangar complex was over a thousand feet across & there were many dented rollaways from long trip tipovers on uneven floors including my own.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My SnapOn top box still has a bad slide on a drawer that got bent when a coworker in a midas Muffler shop let the host down and caught the corner of the drawer in the late 70's To make matters worse it is evidently one of those promotional boxes that you can't find parts for.

Well the good news is that you will know where all of your tools are when you get that thing up and back together.

12. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

I straightened a big, new Snap-On box on my frame rack in the early '80's. It had fallen of the truck's lift gate. Snap-On had repair panels for their tool boxes - pretty cool. I've got Polaroids somewhere.

13. nutajunka

nutajunka

On stackable boxes I run an eyebolt through each box by taking a drawer out, drilling a hole and with 2 nuts, one on the end and the other to draw it tight on the backside.
    Then I run the chain from the anchor bolt in the floor with a piece of flat doubled over to prevent anyone just unscrewing the nut and making off with the box, and the top end has a big lock on it after the chain is run through the eyebolts.
    That way you can unlock it to move it elsewhere and keeps someone from putting the sections in the back of there truck and keeps it from falling over.

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Remember, all your 3/4 drive stuff goes in the bottom box. :D

15. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

Been there, done that, go the "T" shirt and I don't need another. I had to buy a couple of drawer slides to get my box back together. I have a Stanley Vidmar cabinet that I use for parts storage and it will only allow one drawer to be open at a time which prevents the cabinet from tipping over, which is nice. It probably cost too much to incorporate that feature into regular tool boxes.

16. Jen......

Jen......

had whole set of dishs that did same thing to me when shelf gave way.

Jen

17. cj92345

cj92345
    from so-cal

man, i came close the other day, it would have fallen on my camaro hood, to many drawers out, she was starten to go "teetering" and i managed to quickly push some drawers in before it went over....top and bottom would have been bad

18. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

I think its time to crash my own roll-aways.:D
    need to just kick um over Haha

19. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

you could hang something like this on the back of the box... Good old John Deere tractor weight. they are thin, weigh about 75lbs each will give it good backside ballast and should be pretty easy to mount... just an idea.

Attached Files:

20. ADVANCE1

ADVANCE1
    from Ohio

Happened to me when i had my shop in joshua tree, calif. It was during the 1992 landers earthquake and it turned over more then my toolbox

21. The worst ont I had was from my daughter. She was 4 or 5 and I had taken something away from her and put it in the upper lid area. She pulled out all the drawers like a set of stairs to climb up on to get it. Came crashing over with her on it. I thank god she wasnt crushed.

I remember losing a few tools in the crash and was mad as hell that day,,, but 15 years later, all I remember was that she wasnt hurt.

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hell, I just wish I had that many tools.

23. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

No tool box crash yet, but did have a roll around tool cart tip and take me down with it.. Pinned my leg for a sec, was kinda a scary event..

24. thehazguy

thehazguy

Bet you find something you have been missing when you pick everything up

25. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Oh that SUCKS!!! I keep a smaller/similar version the bed of my dually, got to town once and found tools EVERYWHERE!!! I still see a socket in the road every once and awhile.. Forgot to latch the damn thing.. On the flip side, it's organized and the lock is triple checked everytime now:D

26. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

That sucks. I had my first small roll cab roll out the back of my pick up when the strap broke. Hit the pavement doing about 30 mph!:eek: All I saw out the back window was a cloud of sockets and wrenches coming after me! I lost a ton O shiete and was cleaning it up for about 3 hours. :confused:

27. I was 18 and working in my 1st big shop. One of the old timers was rolling his rollaway to the other end of the shop (of course the top box was open...), it hit a divot in the floor and over it went. I'd say that 95% of the top box tools went all over the place. It was weeks later and we were still finding sockets and small wrenches.

Bob

28. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

erock805 posted a similar incident on the HAMB back on 5/2/10 ... his kid was home with a babysitter. The kid was showing off and pulled the drawers out and attemped to climb to the top with predictable results: a trip to the emergency room for the kid and additional body work required for the project the box fell on. Another good reason to keep your tool boxes locked when you're not around.

29. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

Without a picture, it didn't happen.

Attached Files: