Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GOODGUYS QUESTIONS???? What Do You Want To KnoW????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aacfmach

aacfmach

fair enough your show your rules. should have said also great show and keep up the good work. The ones that were talking about getting the younger crowds attention have the right priority imho.

2. flatblak51

flatblak51

why is Charlotte held so late in the year ? weather is killing this event .

3. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

I didnt even realize they were still doing the Friday night drags in Columbus until it was too late, like to see more drag events come back.

4. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

What the hell is my ole pal Gary doin?

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Cruisin!

6. chubbie

chubbie

this is my RANT with all car shows and now it's GG!!!!! if you want to see late models, and late model pick-ups, what the F is up with pick-ups.... and donks ect go to wal-mart the lot is full...and its free.
    now this is what hapens!!!!!! real car people stay away.. and you get a bunch of wana-bes

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  7. why not make the gazette the size of the yearbook and the yearbook the size of the gazette?

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

can you recommend a good place to sneak into the Pleasanton Fairgrounds? I could buy 3 more beers for what it costs to walk in as a spectator.

9. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Depends on how far they have to travel before they stop, 80 is 45 sec/mile 90 is 40 sec/ mile how far away is the front gate?

Anyway here is my .02 feedback.

Based upon pricing. First spectator price is way to high, you make your easy money at the gate, admission should not be more than the price of a movie, this is kids under 14 get in for free too because if you have to pay admission for them and then feed them its out of the familyn price range of entertainment.. Most movies are around $12. This has to be like the fair, inexpensive entertainment. If you had a good time this year you are more likely to bring friends next year. Not going away complaining how you got ripped at the gate and at the food stand for an over priced soda. You put 2000 people thru the gate at $18.00 vs 3000 at $12.00 its the same money $36,000, this creates the illusion that the place is packed and is like woodstock. You could make it up in extra 100 t shirt sales.

Second a single day pass, have to work friday, cant go sunday, want to go to the show saturday but why have to pay $55.00 for one day, might as well park out side the gate and pay spectator admission. $30.00 gets driver , a guest and car in just like general admission+. If you want to come 2 days well that's full boat. If you decide to come a day early then originally planned you have to purchase an additonal day ticket.

I do a bunch of shows, my observation is sunday now has become the travel day for most people. The days of blowing off mondays from work are gone thanks to the new economy so sundays now become a important day for travel or to get prepared for the up coming work week. Plus throw in the cost of an additional nite hotel room at the jacked up rates its not the show thats bad its the economics of going.

Worried about sunday cars or spectators griping about no cars well give a discount admission for the late comers , they aren't going to see the mass of cars so if they are to cheap to pay saturdays price you get in for the discount but you see a discount show.

Have the awards later in the afternoon saturday and a grab bag giveaway on sunday for those that want to stay around. Tell the vendors there that if they give you $100 of mechandise gift certificates for sunday giveaway that you will take off $100 from their space rent.

The whole idea is to get people in the gate, if they show interest and see a good time they are likely to become future particpants or regular attendees. Rip them and its a tough crowd to get back.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

A big fat happy massive 2X for this suggestion!!! The old Pamono shows were some of my favorite ever!

11. concreteman

concreteman

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  12. BCR

BCR

Just sneak your beers in.:D

13. Tripple G

Tripple G

Have always wondered the same thing about this situation myself,
    thanks for the explaination. I don't agree with it, but I understand. However, I would think that if it's a Goodguy's Show, then you should set the criteria for how awards are handed out, no matter who the other magazines or vendors are. It would give more owners the opportunity to show off their pride and joy during the award ceremony. Just a thought.......

14. Tripple G

Tripple G

I don't know about a peoples choice type award? At local shows, "participant judging" is nothing more than a popularity contest. Many times some of the best stuff never gets recognized. Maybe at a large venue like Goodguys, it would be different? Who knows?

15. Tripple G

Tripple G

Hey Kirk,

I was also parked in the "Deuce Doings" area on Saturday, and never having been at a special parking area before, sat with my wife and our car for the entire advertised time. (8AM-2PM) I was just down the isle from MotorCityDeuce's roadster (we had the Black Milner Coupe) I remember a representative (assume GG's) on a golf cart, with a clip board stop at entry 1677's roadster, filled out a form and placed a yellow copy on his front seat. It was still there when we left. I kept looking on my seat, but nothing:(

MotorCityDeuce - you have a one sweet ride!:cool:

16. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Does the "GG" in GG Allin stand for "goodguy"
    Is he traditional?

Attached Files:

17. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

you my friend NAILED it

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I don't like any of Dick Spadaros ideas. more people in the gate means more people walking in front of me when I try to take a picture.

19. Jokester

Jokester

My comment is on KC Speedway show. It's too hot and not any shade or breeeze anywhere. Isn't there some other location in the KC area? Went to Des Moines this year for the first time, but not the last. We'll be going there again. What a perfect venue. Good job.

.bjb

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Excellent!

21. XXL__

XXL__

22. dubcee

dubcee

KIRK, Your a damned saint for even starting this thread, My hat is off to you! A... I am looking forward to the wet t-shirt contest at the NW G.G. show in a couple of weeks (great marketing by the way) , and B... I'll be back to this thread when I dont win a trophy, to find out why!

23. daddio211

daddio211

Kirk, can you please carry a sheet of stickers with gold stars on it during each event? That way, when someone asks why they didn't win you can stick one on their forehead and say "Everyone is a winner" in your best liberal elementary school teacher voice.

Oh, one more thing... Every event needs a live giraffe. Just sayin'.

24. What are the benefits of becoming a member of GoodGuys?

25. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

You really know these people????

26. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

You are correct. Labor Day weekend is huge in this area. People go to the lake, its the start of college football, and it is the last big weekend for a family trip if you have kids. I don't mind the venue and I have always loved the event. I just think it would be a much bigger success if it was moved to Spring, I guarantee it!

27. slammed58buick

slammed58buick

This brings up one more point. Why can one car win multiple "of the year" titles? You guys are really good about sharing the love, but I will never understand one car winning multiple of the year titles. You won Street Rod of the Year, do you really need to win America's Most Beautiful Street Rod and Street Rod d'Elegance too? If you haven't won a title I honestly think you can be a finalist as many times as you want, but once you have won a title that should be it for the car for the year. I know you could make the point that it is the nicest car, but one thing I have come to realize is that sometimes the nicest car doesn't always win. I know multiple title wins hasn't happened that many times, but I can think of a couple of cars that pulled it off with a few inconsistencies (Cooper 32 vs 39 Ford Conv) to boot. That is my question/suggestion. Don't want to offend anyone, just share my two cents on the subject. Glad you are on here to field the questions of the public like this, I think it is great!

28. Weasel

Weasel

I am a senior so where's my damn discount? Where's my damn trophy and why is the earth flat? I want answers, fuckin answers man....

29. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I haven't read the whole thread but I think I can answer the question about who wins awards at GG events and if your spending a million dollars trying to win. Save your money.
    When I was approached by the "judge" telling me I had won the "Terrific T" award the first time (iI have been awarded it twice) I asked him "why me" when there were Ts around with better paint,more chrome even gold. He said I just drive around in my golf cart and look around and a car "just jumps out at me"
    So don't take it so seriously and let some of us without a million dollars in our cars get some notice.

30. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You seem to be missing the point: people's choice awards are designed to be popularity contests. If it's not selected by the people, then it's not "the best stuff." If you want to win a people's choice award, build something popular. Otherwise, just enjoy your ride and don't worry about awards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.