Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GOODGUYS QUESTIONS???? What Do You Want To KnoW????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

Not banned just not exclusive . But you know that,right?

2. BCR

BCR

Of course I know that, I just hate to see Kirk get his balls busted. If you take a look at his picture posts, he stays with in the HAMB guide lines.

He was off the HAMB for awhile because he got sick of getting beat up for his day job. It was a loss to the site because I really enjoyed looking at the cars that show up at the events I can not make it to. I believe Kirk frequents this site because he really likes trad cars (look at the cars he has built in the past few years) not to pimp goodguys. If you believe otherwise that is your right.

It is easy to throw stones on the internet, but you have to remember that a real person is on the receving end.

Over and out.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Exactly.

4. Baggs

Baggs

I've only been to two gg events. The Heartland nats. Which have been awesome! My only thing is, why can't this show be moved to another month? I hate the heat, and that weekend is always crazy hot and humid. The only thing that makes up for the heat is the quality of the show. Im sure it has something to do with the fairgrounds and their sched. I'm just being picky, keep up the great work!

5. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

Kirk: Thanks for the opportunity to ask a question. This was my first GG's show as I am a new member. I entered my Deuce in the "Deuce Doings" competion on Saturday morning. When I returned to the car later in the day there was a sticker on the headlight indicating I was an award winner. I was unable to stay until Sunday and collect my award. My question? What did I win?

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

I don't know. Do you remember you entry number? What does the car look like?

7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Ok.
    Goodguys Pomona & throw in some drag racing like the old days. :)

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

It always comes down to the venue's schedule. Obviously we try to have events when the weather is best in that area, but sometimes it just sucks.

9. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

Entry number was 1677. Black full fendered roadster, flat head, red interior. Shown with the top up.:)

10. KIRK!

KIRK!

You didn't get a yellow slip?

11. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

Not that I recall.

12. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

A question about the Ft Worth Shows,, Now we have two dates spring and fall, correct me if i am wrong but the numbers have not really grown much in the last few years,compared to areas of equal size the numbers are disappointing ,are the two shows aTEST to see if the spring numbers are better than the fall?? Is anything being thought of to attract more car attendance other than the Sunday event???

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

I will try to dig up the info.

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Kirk, I apologize if this has been asked already but this monster is already 4 pages long.
    I attended a GG show a long time ago and the highlight was getting to drive on the track. It was a blast.

They told us that as long as we didn't pass the pace car or act stupid, we could flog the cars on the back straights. I have heard someone got stupid and wrecked at another event. I also heard that this caused a "speed limit". Is this true?

I would love to make it to another GG event and run on the track, but I can't just "cruise"......I am already ruined.

15. KIRK!

KIRK!

Not a test, the area supports two events. Well, there's the track cruise, AutoCross, NASCAR rides, kids stuff, swap meet...all that stuff. Any ideas?

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

I have not heard about a "speed limit", but each track controls the speed of their cruise. Usually just with the pace car and everyone gets to drive like you mentioned.

17. MotorCityDeuce

MotorCityDeuce

OK, Many thanks. It had a black and silver checkerboard firewall.

18. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dang, you are like a message board ninja......less than 60 seconds.

19. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Why doesn't GG's do something about the 11A.M. power parkers like the ones that cause a scene Saturday around the Administration Building.

Two event security guards, four Ohio State Troopers and a hour and a half of foul language. Not to mention a firearm and a large bag of Tostitos crunched and throw all over the interior of one of the power parkers.

Its not a matter of if, but when, something tragic happens as a result of this. Mix heat, alcohol/drugs, firearms and assholes and it is bound to happen.

20. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

I really don"t know, The nascar thing is great but, i hear a lot of guys myself included, say BEEN there done that, so after the first year its old hat, that may not be true with everyone. The number seem to hover around the 2,000 mark. I have been to Indy & Columbus, Des Moines, it seems The Ft Worth show pales in comparison to those, we are such a large area, bordered by many cities with populations that far exceed those areas, would you not expect maybe 3500-4000?. Wish i had an answer or suggestion, but it seems it has only grown by 400-500 over a period of 5 years?

21. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Wouldn't that open the door to those that may be making duplicate entries.......Unfortunatly.

22. Roadsir

Roadsir

The autocrossing is cool, what about bringing more car events, like the old go - whoa, or 300' drags, blind drivers contest?

Keep the scooter rental but get someone to come in with travelling Go-carts to run the autocross track!

Not a question per se but I think a "feature area" for vintage bikes could be cool.

Any plans for other types of destinations? Road race tracks? Cities that cater more to tourism/vacation/(Deadwood, Dells, Reno,) or partner with six flags?) that may pull the participants for more days.

How about a string of events on back to back weekends to get more cruises?

Keep the scooter rental but get someone to come in with travelling Go-carts to run the autocross track!

23. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

SWEET! So next year ill do it!

24. Drewski

Drewski

Almost as bad as going to the Post Office. Customer service gal informs me that my Gazette is not considered late until the 21st of the month. Guess I'll walk over to my next door neighbor and read his.

25. aacfmach

aacfmach

odd question...... why was the national anthem at noon on sat and not at the beginning of the event like any other sport or race......man I felt like a dick talking halfway through it!!!!!

26. KIRK!

KIRK!

I think it's better at noon than 6am.

27. KIRK!

KIRK!

PM me your info and I'l get you one.

28. XXL__

XXL__

I was told there would be no math.

[​IMG]

29. bad4dr

bad4dr

Is Goodguys hiring?

I'm serious.

30. I always attend the Charlotte event and like the autocross, but the DRAGS were so much cooler. I think they were only held one time. I'd like to see the drags return to Charlotte. ZMax Dragway is one of the premier tracks in the country and I bet it could turn into a really bitchin' event if given time to get established.

Otherwise, I think you guys are doing a good job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.