Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. rick finch

rick finch

You guys are killing me...I haven't been able to attend for the last 2yrs. due to health issues.
    Maybe next year...:(

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

did have fireworks and a thunder storm with lightning all at the same time at the bend here is what that looked like.

Attached Files:

3. And Mr Big Chested BLM guy came with his younger Rangers to our area trying to find the culprits, claimed they saw us lauching that shit from the sagebrush to the West, yes, they were hiding West of the Bend. I appreciate them trying to keep things mellow but the rolleyes from the younger Rangers, who were cool BTW, let us know this guy was trying to impress the younger BLM folks.

This was not me but I was there. "Son is that a glass bottle (of Jack)?" "Um, yes it is" " Glass bottles are illegal, pounr it out!" So, my new pal poured the pint down the hole in front of us............the firepit hole! "I talked to Mr Ranger a bit more after we all stepped back from teh JD Flambe and he realized we called his bluff. Rest of the night was as mellow as it started. Hanging out with some cool Wyoming folks drinking around the firepit and just having fun, in hushed voices.

4. Lucky3

Lucky3

We're there !
    :D:D:D

5. GARY?

GARY?

Ha, that was Harley. We were watching from the other side of the canal. Luckily he had another bottle stashed :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  6. chopperdog2001

chopperdog2001
    from colorado

I'll be there for the first time this year!! Can't wait!

7. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

If you guys see a long haired Japanese hippy biker dude running around with an AMerican Steel club jacket on put his ass in a headlock and tell him that Gonzo says we miss him back here on the island!
    His name is Hedeke by the way. THis guy went on vacation which was supposed to be for a few weeks to the mainland and it has turned into a 3 month adventure with his butt ending up at Bonneville...the bastard!

Viva

8. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am so ready for Bonneville.Seems like the only fun thing I do any more.This year will be number 14 for me.If you see the yellow truck with a bunch of yahoos hangin around ,stop and say Hi.Rod

9. Just under 34 days YOWZA!

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Leaving one month from today, August 8
    Heading to Caliente for two nights. I want to spend all say thursday (9th) in Caliente and at Cathedral Gorge, a few miles north...

photos from 2010

Caliente, Nevada

[​IMG]

still a railroad town

[​IMG]

Catherdral Gorge (not my photos...I've never been and when I drove past the turnoff in 2010, I told myself that "next time" I'll spend a day there)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then onto Wendover on Friday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

on friday afternoon two years ago, I caught this fella trying to explain how fast some of the cars could go on the salt flats to these Japanese tourists. These kids were trying to figure out why all these hot rods were parked everywhere and they had no idea about this thing called "Speed Week"...
    Here he is telling them about "400 MPH'.....
    He was doing a great job even with the language barrier...

[​IMG]

to the flats saturday morn

[​IMG]

"driver's-crew meeting" at 9:00 on saturday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some of the trailers/rigs at daybreak

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike (Buick59)...see ya there....I'll send you my cell #

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hopefully the "Weinermobile" will make another pass....:rolleyes::)

[​IMG]

thanks for indulging me, here.......

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  11. Great story Doug! :D

12. We expect many more this year Doug!

13. t5stang91

t5stang91

i am excited, will be my first time!! bike is all ready except oil change and new tires for the trip.

14. drag_punk

drag_punk

Doesn't look like I will be there to pour out my whiskey this year. Probably working 10 days straight right during speed week. Oh well, maybe next year. Plenty of my pals will be there to raise hell though. Hope everyone has a fun, safe week, and no floods.

15. Bummer man, that was one of the hilights!

16. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Just booked a room on Sunday can't fucking wait....

17. Landspeedroadster

Landspeedroadster
    from st. louis

Any of you newbe guys walking around the pits see this car stop by and get a cold bev. Its always fun talking with people the first year out. Might be able to share some insight on what the hells going on! We will be with the San Deigo Roadster club tint.[​IMG]

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

car looks great man, I hope we can park next to you again this year..see ya there.................

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

20. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Team FlatCad will be there on the 9th, for tech!

21. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I've finally come to realize I can't make it this year. Man that hurts to say. Heading to Italy in Sept is the culprit.

22. Bummer, man, enjoy the trip overseas!

23. justacarguy

justacarguy

Thanks for the compliment Mazooma, and for anyone looking for Bonneville specific content on my website, go for http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/search/label/Bonneville or if you want anything else specifically, look down the right hand side at the alphabetical tags, and click on the one that you want to see content about, like El Mirage, or humor, or Racing LSR (Land Speed Racing) or whatever. I have a thousand or more tags, and racing, or streamliners, or humor might be just what you want, but without going through thousands of pages of content to filter through to find it.

Wish I could make it to Bonneville this year too, but the ex stuck me with the new car payments. So there goes all discretionary spending. Maybe next year.

24. t-rod

t-rod

25. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

The Texoma Flyer crew will be in town the 9th both at the bend and at the nugget...hope to support the bar b q and save the salt effort at the bend as well...look us up

26. Thanks man. You Okies and Texicans are tops! Hope I got the Texas thing right?

27. Lets GO!

Attached Files:

28. Your bulbous ballistic buick is a true highlight...............looking forward to seeing it and meeting you!

29. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Ill be making the drive from Sacramento in my Model A Death Trap!

Attached Files:

30. Really great to see so many people coming out. looking forward to meeting you guys. well, some of you... not much time left now...;)

Hans