Register now to get rid of these ads!

Central Ohio Cruise Nights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bad4dr, Jul 9, 2012.

1. bad4dr

bad4dr

I recall there being quite a few Buckeye State HAMBers, so does anyone know about Columbus-area cruise nights like they have up in Cleveland? Looking for weekly cruise-ins, not shows. Not interested in trophies, judges, or the BS that often accompanies that setting. Just wanna roll into a parking lot in my car and find myself in the company of fellow gearheads talking shop. Maybe grab a burger or something while I'm there. Thoughts? Suggestions?

If nothing like this exists, would any Central Ohio members be interested in starting something?

2. Jegg's after 10PM used to be a good hang out in the day....after all the youngin's went home. Quaker Steak n lube... Polaris

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Wholly Joe's on Polaris, west of the mall. Behind the KFC @ Oakcreek Center.
    Every Thursday night 6-9 PM weather permitting. Through the end of Sept.
    It's FREE! Nice bunch of guys and ladies, Cool cars must be at least 25 years old to attend! Free Icecream cones to all!
    Real Rock and Roll all night long.
    PM me if you need more info.
    KK

4. bad4dr

bad4dr

Thanks, folks! I've also read that there's a cruise at Der Dutchman in Plain City on Thursdays...I'll have to check that one out as well.

Keep the cruise-in info coming, now that Goodguys is over I need to get my fix!

5. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

WOW sorry to hear not much down that way, Up here in the cleveland are there is a cruz going on every night of the week up here.:D That and bike night all over to.

6. bad4dr

bad4dr

I know. I'm from there originally, and I remember them well...in fact, I'll be up there next week, and I plan on hitting at least three cruise-ins while I'm in town. I was shocked to discover that Columbus didn't have the same cruising scene as Cleveland.

7. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

Every friday at yogies hogies in westervill on rt3/westerville rd
    about 20 or so cars good subs great people
    give it a try

8. bad4dr

bad4dr

Thanks, Booboo...I'll check that out!

9. n847

n847

The Dayton area has one every night of the week you can check out the website below. They post alot of shows and cruise ins on there. Its a haul from C-bus but its a thought!

http://www.countrycruiser.com/events.htm

10. bad4dr

bad4dr

Okay, so I've been in Cleveland all week, and I made it a goal to hit a cruise-in every night while I'm here. And what I've discovered has been, well...disappointing. I remember back a few years ago when cruise nights were packed, cars were in the lots until well after dark, and holeshots were common as folks left for the night. Not so anymore. My buddy and I went to the cruise in Brunswick on Saturday (used to be the biggest in the area, 400+ cars, featured in Hot Rod magazine). Got there at 8:30 PM, and there were MAYBE 10 cars in the lot, and they were all getting ready to leave. Drove clear over to the east side to hit another cruise, and there were NO cars there. It seems that now, the deal is people show up early, and once the 50/50 drawing is announced, everybody scatters like cockroaches. WTF? Needless to say, we were bummed.

Is this the case at cruise-ins where you live? Are there any die-hards out there who still like hanging out, spinning tires, and talking shop? Or is everyone heading home before Wheel of Fortune comes on these days?

11. Rebel Kind

Rebel Kind
    from Dublin, OH

Hey man, I used to to live in cleveland and cruised every night of the week. The cruise-ins are still around the spots have just changed some. The Brunswick one died several years ago.

I have lived in columbus for about 5 years now and really the only two good cruise-ins I have found are Wholley Joe's and Yogies Hogies.

There is a new morning cruise starting at Tim Hortons - 6490 Riverside Dr. in Dublin. It is the 1st & 3rd saterday starting 8/4, 8/18, 9/1, 9/15... It is going to be from 7:30-10:30. Just car guys hanging out talking cars and getting some breakfast.

12. bad4dr

bad4dr

Thanks, RK. I'll have to check out that Tim Horton's cruise. Went to Wholly Joe's last week, they make a decent Italian beef sandwich. Some nice cars, too.

Trouble isn't finding the cruises in Cleveland; I know where they are. Problem is that they're dead by 8 PM. Oh well...the times they are a'changin'...

13. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Check out the Brimfield Nats, and the SPin Out, south of Cleveland. Real easy to find, 71 n, 76 east, get off at st rt 43, head n right on lynne rd.... to the park. They go on all night.

14. cruizznn

cruizznn
    from ohio

The brunswick cruise used to be a really good one out by 303 and I 71..the eateries chased them out and they ended up at laurel rd where the old Carney's used to be..but it isn't the same anymore..now this looks like a fun weekly cruise in.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmWM93NLQ7k I figured Columbus being so big would have a lot of things going on but I guess not. what is the brimfield nats??

15. Freddy slone jr

Freddy slone jr

Guys every Saturday morning over at the Lennox .by osu. There is a card and coffee .perfect for the car guy...everything from 1915 Ford to the newest thing on the road great place to go and see some nice rides ...check it out..

16. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The World could always use another Cruise Night Car Show !!!
    All kidding aside a lot of work goes into every week getting door prizes, trophies or whatever else you are going to give away plus either hiring a DJ or doing it yourself along with 50/50 tickets and prizes.

Then someone always has to judge the cars and keep the books and records straight not to mention being a bouncer for guys who get a little out of line.
    We had a few guys that only showed up every once in a while but when they did they thought it was cool to light up their tires for 50 feet or longer each time they left the show.

When you have a sponsor hosting the show like Wendy's they did think that it was cool to light the tires up and they warned us one more and we would have to find another place to hold out shows.

Jimbo

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

In the Dayton area when it gets dark they start going home,I am usually one of the last to leave.