Register now to get rid of these ads!

What do i do with this dodge???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yetiskustoms, Jul 9, 2012.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

I AM PICKING UP A 56 DODGE CORNET. SUPER COMPLETE, SOLID, AND RUNS WELL. TO GOOD TO PASS UP. BUT THE PROBLEM IS I HAVE ALWAYS HATED MOREDOORS. WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS THING???? COULD MAKE A COOL CUSTOM?:confused:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

Drive it over to Eugene. Oregon will probably copy the color for it's next uniform.

3. DrJ

DrJ

Gallon of premium and a road flare.

(Part it out first)

4. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Those sound like california answers lol

5. 2-TONED

2-TONED

get the spare changed, clean the windows, vacum it out, run the buffer over it, polish the chrome, fix 'any little thing' that needs fixing (cause NOBODY wants to work!!) get a BIG ol 4-SALE sign in it, make $ome money!!

6. Model T1

Model T1

Buff it out and use it as a daily driver. Looks nice for the age. That's a Florida answer. Sure beats driving a minivan or SUV.

7. daliant

daliant

Why not just drive it as is? Or find the 4th hubcap, buff the paint a little, fix any mechanical issues and just leave it as a stock driver.
    Holy shit that thing is solid, thats a rust belt answer.

8. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

Good daily drive the way it sets. Puts some loud pipes on it and some nice caps.

9. robber

robber

Are you kiddin? With those fins, this thing is a "Buck Rogers" Mobile. Its like a sci-fi space ship in a 50's "B" movie. I think it would make a cool family hauler... or, if it were mine... I'd build a "Ute" out of it!;)

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

It has the matching wheel and hub cap too. I thoughts were run a buffer over it, clean it up, lower it a bit, then drive it or sell/ trade it off. I have to many keepers. This car is really solid and complete. Kinda cool for an ugly car!

11. Model T1

Model T1

12. robber

robber

Honestly, you are right... this car is so ugly that its neat. It is complete and it would be a shame to change what it is. I say clean it up and drive it as is... some wide whites?

13. tormntr68

tormntr68

clean it up and drive the crap out of it

14. Wish I was closer, I would love to have it.

15. 390kid

390kid

check out "squablow" s post on 4dr to 2dr. you could handle it

16. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

Investing time and money into a car youre not passionate about just doest seem like the wise thing to do.

17. servi53

servi53

^^^ what 66 Newport said, love old mopars

18. VonKool13

VonKool13

I'm with the keep it factory crowd, clean it up and sell. Plenty of MoPar moredore fans out there. I sold one for nearly 6 g's and it wasn't as clean as yours.

19. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I wouldn't have a '' Shev-O-Lay'' as a gift, but I'd drive the wheels off that old Dodge:D....................And that's a native's answer;)

" Life ain't no Disney movie "

20. tjmercury

tjmercury

I'd clean it up, and drive it with a "for sale" sign in it, and see what kind of offers materialize.

21. metalman

metalman

I'd think twice about lowering it, I think you'd have a bigger buyer pool leaving it bone stock. Lowering it will turn off the stock crowd, 4 doors will turn off the custom fans. Besides cleaning it up about all I'd consider is a set of wide whites. Great old stocker as is although not super desirable, building it into something "cool" would be to much an investment IMHO to recoup. Even though I've been known to refer all moredoors as parts cars this one looks to nice to part, someone will like it.

22. Squablow

Squablow

If you want to keep it and build a custom, do this

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=608094

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78120

55-56 Dodge or Plymouth 2 door sedan doors and jambs will work, although with Plymouth donor parts you'll have to use the old Dodge door skins to fill in the hole since the roof is longer (like I did on the above Chrysler)

I have a '55 Dodge Royal 4 door sedan that was a pretty nice car and I had it all cleaned up and for sale for $4500 and couldn't get anyone to even look at it. I bought a totally shot '55 convertible and the two are going to be combined into one, along with an extra 2dht shell I got recently.

If you clean it up and leave it stock, it'll be a neat driver and someone would probably buy it but not for much money, they have very low resale. I like 'em though.

23. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

Shave, mold, French and drop everything and drive the piss out of it

24. This is your answer...

25. My wife said that she wants it.

26. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Tint the back windows, shave the rear door handles and lower it a bit.

Or go full-throttle and two-door it :D

27. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Thanks guys. I think this car is to clean to not do something with it. Buff it and wide whites . Ill go from there . There is alot of cool stuff about this car I think. It also has the 315 poly motor with push button trans. Pretty cool.

28. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

NADA book price.

Don't expect to get these prices in todays market.

<TABLE id=ctl00_ctl01_ucValues_tblSummary cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR class=vdppricetypes><TD style="WIDTH: 147px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle">pricing
    </TD><TD class=pricetype>Original
    MSRP</TD><TD class=pricetype>Low
    Retail</TD><TD class=pricetype>Average
    Retail</TD><TD class=pricetype>High
    Retail</TD></TR><TR class=tableHeaderVDPValueRow><TD class=tableHeaderVDPValue> </TD><TD class=optionvalue align=right>$2,375</TD><TD class=optionvalue align=right>$5,550</TD><TD class=optionvalue2 align=right>$8,100</TD><TD class=optionvalue3 align=right>$12,300</TD></TR><TR class=vdpoptionsrow><TD colSpan=5><TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" class=summaryData2 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ccpricinglblnewbase colSpan=5>Options: (add options)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    See all options chosen
    </TD></TR><TR><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" class=summaryFooterVDP>TOTAL PRICE</TD><TD class=summaryFooterVDP align=right>$2,375</TD><TD class=summaryFooterVDP align=right>$5,550</TD><TD style="WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" align=right>$8,100 </TD><TD class=summaryFooterVDP align=right>$12,300</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

29. monc440

monc440

You guys on the left coast suck. JK

If I found an old girl like that in Michigan it would be my daily until someone had to have it then I would sell it.

30. Get it running and drivable, clean it up and give it to your mom to drive to the super market.

Ok so now you know how I fell about more doors as well.