Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let's just say I'm "green" with envy ;)

2. Looking great Cody! Thank goodness it looks like its going to be glossy? It would be a shame after all this work to leave it suede....just my .02. :)

3. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Tuesday update time so i went over to the guys who is helping me with the motor, and the told me the my motor had been boared out 030 over which made my day this was stamped in the pistons and on top of the block
    [​IMG]

more good news
    so i got an email from Gina Ciadella , from Ciadella Interiors , they finally started on my interior and here is a little teaser of what you guys can expect the interior is going to look like

[​IMG]

now to the paint i tried to capture the sparkel the best i could ,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Great color selection! I can't wait to see the finished product...

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

now to the bummer part if aney one out there is an expert on 59 rears here my delema im trying to put a posi unit in my rear it said to be out of a 57 , which im told from everyone 55 -64 are all the same rear well we go to put the posi in and the axel carrier bering are the rong size and everyone we talk to say they all take what the posi unit is which is 1.627 and my 59 bearing are 1.782 has aney one out there ran into this problem and what did you do

heres a pic
    to describe what im talking about
    [​IMG]

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yes its all :D going glossy

WOW, thanky you guys , im glad you"ll like the colors

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Cody,
    It's really coming along nicely. The interior is going to put it over the top. Great vision, ideas and workmanship...You should be PROUD.......Mike

8. oldman2

oldman2

Cody, pictures of dash and interior look great, good call on colors. Don't know anything about the rear end, but could you have a Pontiac, or Olds rear, which might have the larger bearings, just guessing.....Jim

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks mike, yes im verry poud of it , it still shockes me every day i go to work and see it , just to think its actually mine.

thanks jim i know the colors might look a little off from the pictures ,and the dark green looks bluish but they are really close in person . i thought olds and pontiac were totally different rears .

10. I can think of quite a few adjectives to describe your work, but neat-oh says it best!

11. " The Bee's Knees " or " Keen " would do too.

12. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

oooooh man.... its getting there. That color combo is spot on fantastic. Hot Damn.

13. wolfex1

wolfex1

The only swapping I ever did with those axles involved the whole pumpkin. How bad do you need a posi in that wagon anyhow? Planning on going off road or driving the family in the snow? ~WX1

14. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haven't you seen the beast of a straight six goin' into this thing? Nobody likes the one-tire-fire!

15. wolfex1

wolfex1

Guess it depends on whether or not the ride is built to race or show. Seems like a lot of work has gone into this car and that it would be a shame to be tearing it up smoking the tires. But that's just me. It's Cody's investment of many hours and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jj, so how much more sanding do you have to do , i cant wait to see some more paint on your elky

lol

thanks , it seems like everytime i take a picture of the colors , they look different , im glad u like them
    , chris i pick this posi unit up pretty much nothing , and i mean nothing , so i was just going to throw in , but now i found out what it was , its out of a 62-64 chevy II , im just going to sell it and put it towards my chrome bill:eek:

well for now it will be a one tire fire , maby later down the road ill get the coreect posi unit for it

17. Nothing wrong with a one wheeler peeler...

18. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Sorry it's a Tuesday updated instead of a monday guys , i spent all day yesterday sand blasting the frame out in the heat , and by the time i got home last night i crashed , but any ways last thursday night i did manage to get the body off the rotissare and put the frame on it , so i have a little more work on the frame just a couple of things cleaned up and i should have the frame painted next week some time .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and just another shot of the dash
    <TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

19. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yah i know ,lol

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I put that chrome edge around my steering column trim too, waiting for my instrument pods to get back from the chromers.

looking good Cody

21. oldman2

oldman2

Moving along....Jim

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks nads , oooo cool i always love the look of the instrument pods being chromed, i cant wait to see it when you have your das all put back together .

that it is jim, that it is :D

23. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Cool valve cover. Cool 59!

24. jhutch713

jhutch713

....Jealous....

25. 59brokewood

59brokewood

Great progress Cody! That color combo is going to be sweet.

26. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Monday update time again, so today i spent the day preping the frame and some other odds and ends parts for paint, and i had just enough time to spray everything . also some of my inteior stuff came in the mail from Ciadella's. i felt like a kid on christmas morning ,, so the carpet , headliner and sunvisor are what came in .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oooooooooo german square weave

[​IMG]

i also got a picture from Gina Ciadella saying that my seats were ready to be sewn

[​IMG]

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you , i just happened to stumble unpon it on ebay and was lucky enought to own it , i guess it was ment to be , it is out at the chromers right now getting ready to be chromed .

Thanks, im glad you like the colors:D

28. hemifarris

hemifarris

I got my El Camino interior from Ciadellas' as well. They have an excellent product, excellent service and reasonable prices. I also dealt with Gina. She sure makes it a pleasant experience to spend money with her company. I really like your interior color choices ................Mike

29. Dorrier kustom

Dorrier kustom

Ah man I love new parts day! I am really digging that interior. Can't wait till its all put together.

30. oldman2

oldman2

Hey Cody, frame looks great, and the interior items are super....Jim