Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Heavy Rebel 2012... the good, no bad, no ugly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zman, Jul 7, 2012.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The Road Devils are fantastic by the way. Cool cars. Funny too.

And thanks for the pic Mike. I don't get many shots of it driving. It looks cool going down the road. I love my truck, lol.

2. Thanks Scott/CUF/Kevin for the pics! Wish I could have made the show!

I know I said it last year.....I'll be there WITH A RIDE next year!

3. Sam and I talked at length at the show - a really nice guy and the car is more than deserving of the honor. Congrats, man!

4. One last comment - the police officers working the show could not have been any nicer. My one buddy drove his daily to the show and when we left going through the show, he was following. One officer stopped him and my buddy explained we were all together and in unfamiliar territory. He just gave him a smile and said no problem - go on ahead. My hats off to all of the officers on duty at the show!

5. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow, some great pics here zman. And that black 32 with the hemi is the bomb.

6. kingpins

kingpins

by far the best car there! i couldnt keep my eyes off of it and days later im still thinking about that thing. killer car

7. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

some cool cars, thanks for posting

8. kingpins

kingpins

man this show gets better every year. this is the type of show where youll see the best of the best and the worst of the worst. as mentioned before you just gotta look over that i guess....but for those cars that were the best...holy shit! its def the highest caliber of cars yet in my eyes to date.
    zman good seeing you again and catching up, for someone who lives so damn close we sure as hell need to catch up more. its not often i find dudes who just "get it" man and i love picking your brain for ideas.
    jeffery james it was good meeting you and thanks for letting me take a pic of that killer sugar city banner in your tent. thanks for the shirt and other stuff also. the iron lords are a awesome establishment of dudes that has there shit together and i get more impressed by the year even tho i dont really know them.
    the road devils....these dudes are awesome, such cool people and proud that i have great friends in that club.
    really looking forward to next year and maybe i can finish something and drive it, felt alittle funny as it was the only year i didnt have a car there. but maturing as a hot rodder keeps me wanting to move to new levels of building thanks to guys like zman and the iron lords who inspires the hell out of me. great show see you next year.

9. skwurl

skwurl

I was the guy with him

10. ncjaeger

ncjaeger

Yet again, another great show!

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Looks like a great show. Thanks for the pics.

12. Close-up of Zman's flames

Attached Files:

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Thanks.

It's so hard to get the flake to show up good. Even worse on the white under the trim.

14. But it looks great in person...Maybe that's how to get more people to shows..."Come see zman's flakes!" hahah

15. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I was excited to see your car in person and was suprised when I saw the actual color of the flames. It looks awesome in pictures but so much better in person. Same with Druss's vicky.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Z and the rest for bringing us the superb coverage. This looks like a "not to be missed" show and those of us that are unable to attend owe you a debt of appreciation.

Frank

17. hotdamn

hotdamn

Not to beat a dead horse but seriously a huge thank you to the guys an gals that bust their humps to get their rides dialed and to this show every year! I know my brothers and myself greatly appreciate the effort you guys put into your rides and to making it to this show!

And Sam, know that as far as I was concerned your 5w was as dialed as it gets. We appreciate all that you went through to get here and back home!

Sorry I couldn't find you any WD-40!!!

18. It HAS to work better than our ploy of "come see Zmans balls!":eek:

Thanks for the excellent coverage Scott and others

19. Nice lookin' rides, quality is comin' on in. Thanks for postin' the great shots! Gotta mark it down and make it over some time.

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kool pics, thanks for posting them.

[​IMG]

I miss Frankee, Glad she is doing good and still around..

Happy Trails, Mick

21. 292belair

292belair

Glad ya got a pic of Uncle Mo's 50 Olds! He's 75 yrs young and our senior gearhead in the family. It's a purty car, but the rare part is that it's a good car and he cruises it all the time! Thanks, Jacky.

22. Great pic's guys! The Iron Lords need to move closer or drive farther......That way us Left coasters can hang with you guys. I really liked that red oxide Roadster and the BellyTank....Looks like a fun show.

23. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Awesome!! I liked that pic a lot too.

24. skwurl

skwurl

Another shot of Sams 32.

Attached Files:

25. mrrocket

mrrocket

Hey all! First, THANK YOU to all of you who came out to the HRW 12th Annual Car Show! I, WE, can not thank you enough for your support of our little shindig! We have grown from 27 cars to well over 350, and MOST of those are are damn nice rides, built by those that drove them there! Secondly, a HUGE thanks to you Car Clubs that have jumped on board to make it into the huge car show it is. I have nothing but positive for how you all handle yourselves, the locals, the attendees and law enforcement. Thank you. We've come a long way since the days when a local shop owner swung a barricade at me for blocking the road....

As for the cars that "don't meet our standards"...well, there are a few things to consider: WE close off one of 2 main downtown streets. This means we need to make the general public happy, and some of those are the cars we might not like. We do try to filter a lot of the "junk" out, and it gets better every year. We also try to keep the local car people involved, since they can make it harder and harder to get the street closed. Like it or not, we put on a show on the public streets of a smallish town/city. This means we must have public support. We struggle every year to get more parking and street closure, and every year there is a new business trying to close it down or lessen our parking. This has become less concern as we have grown.

Since we have grown and until the past few years we ran the show on a skeleton crew, we are refining how we allow cars in. This is challenging, too, since people show up and park at 5am. Have you ever tried to get guys to show up at 5am after 25 bands have played the night before? Yeah, its hard. At 6:30 when I showed there were cars already self parked. We have ideas for this next year....Car Clubs expect an email from Ted and I soon!

Lastly, thanks again for all those who attend and show their rides. It is great to see your hard work and talents on display. Although I spend most of my time at the registration table and fixing PR problems, I do walk the show and check out all the cars...amazing stuff. I hate to single one guy/car out but "The Primo Special" was my favorite. Back to the point. Thanks for the support. And on that note, if you don't support it, but want to complain, I have little time for it. Ideas are welcome and so is constructive criticism. But believe me, we know the areas that need attention, and we are working on them.

Really lastly, it was great to see you all again, those that know me, and great to meet some of you all for the first time. Many do not know who I am when I am talking to them, and that is fine...means less names I'm supposed to remember, anyway, I'm just the guy from the HRW!