Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Fast & Loud"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 46international, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Has anyone seen that show Fast and Loud? they had an episode that they bought a '30 tudor ford, for $4500. Removed the fenders converted to juice brakes, swapped in a 5 speed lowered the car some. After a quick paint job, they sold it for $21000.00.

I just could not beleive they got $21k for that car. They had NO interier, just front and rear seats, and left the 4cyl motor in the car, I don't have any problem with the 4 cyl. but if yo go to the trouble of swapping in a 5 speed, you may as well swap in another motor. I guess they had to convert to an open drive, but they did not show that part.

2. OMA_Turk

OMA_Turk
    from Omaha, NE

Yes, Love that show. Its on my DVR list. If you keep watching you'll see that they don't always do that well at the auction.

3. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Why not??? Anyone of you guys could have mine for $21,000

4. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Its got a 4cyl!!!!!!

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

they mentioned that they got a rebuilt motor for it. The show is totally unrealistic, the guy is annoying as hell and a sleezeball. I wouldnt sell or buy from a guy that talked like that. Search him on here, people were bad mouthing him long before the show. People like him hurt the hobby in my opinion.

6. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

I recently saw the episode where they built the '52 Ford Gasser. They lost some cash on that deal at the auction...but it looked pretty neat.

They seem to skip over a TON of the build though. It seems to be more about the hunt, the BS, and the idea of the car than the build process. I suppose ya gotta keep the attention of the masses...but in one shot they show a full bodied '52 sans grill in rough shape, the second shot they have the front end (at least) sub-framed, fenders gone, and lining up for front motor mounts, a second later and the new front and rear end are under it and they are gettin the body prepped for paint. It took em longer to discuss if the trans tunnel was getting reshaped or they were moving the engine a little. There was a whole lotta shit that went on in the middle there that was lost.

Neat show, I just wish it was more about the cars than the BS going on around them.

7. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Once shows go into production things seem to get scripted. Read an article about House Hunters and you can't get on that show until after you have bought the house. Everything else is made up after the fact. It's entertainment.

I have "Fast and Loud" saved on my DVR too. I love that show.

8. Sold a Caddy that had a questionable fuel system to a coupla Aussie buyers who were driving it to its destination :eek:

Not sure about some of the ethics on that show. But you never know the whole story.

Oldmics

9. Tommy R

Tommy R

+1. D-bag of the highest order. I really don't like the work they do. No respect for a car's history and the mods are done in poor taste. The A Sedan they did was their best effort....primarily 'cause they did less to that car than others I've seen.

10. If you believe anything on that show, do I have a bridge for you!

I find nothing appealing about buying a turkeyed-over car that is supposed to be "restored".

Bob

11. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

They are a bunch of assholes and are more full of shit than a Christmas goose.

12. Have known a few guys like that. Seem to be more in it for the money than the enjoyment of the cars.

this thread will self-destruct in 3-2-1...

13. Love the premise of the show, but hate the execution! I'd almost watch it with the sound on mute......I'd get just as much out of it!

14. Yep!

I've heard enough Fast n Loud or is it Slow n Obnoxious!

There's gotta be a thread about this show about once or twice a week.

15. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the 4cyl. I just mentioned it to speak of car value.

When they were getting it running they just blew the dirt in the fuel line back into the fuel tank... when test running to sell the car it would not get fuel to run at high rpm, ran out of fuel.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sometimes it just makes you glad that you don't have cable or satellite tv at the moment.

Speaking of scripted "reality tv, Capt John on Diamond Divers on Spike is one of our own hambers if you have seen it.

17. Fenders

Fenders

As for the buyer....
    there's an ass for every seat !

18. RDAH

RDAH
    from NL, WI

All those car shows & most car mags. are drama or infomercials of car parts. Feel sorry for all the young guys tuning & trying to learn something from a readers digest version of car repair in a mag. & assholes they think they might have to deal with from watching TV.

19. Hotweel

Hotweel

Mmmm. I still say it's much better than Boyd's old American Hot Rod show.

20. 5,4,3,2,1,....... and Closed !!!

21. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

22. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

They auctioned off the Gasser here in HOuston. it had a TV paint job. real rough and some stuff under the car was left as is . As he says on the show he gets the car does as little as he can get away with then flis it for ( he hopes) a profit. I liked the Ford in the first episode but thought the guy paid too much. I don't care for the guy much either .

23. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Capt John is a hamber!?! That's pretty cool, what does he drive?

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

In case no one knows.... reality shows are compleatly scripted... The Ass Monkey garage
    people have been around for a seveal years now.. but the respect is far and few..
    they bursted on to the scene with GIANT Tour buses with GIANT logos and buy cars that they claim to of built... They are Rat Rod Gold Chainers.. if that makes any sense...

and thats all i'll say...

25. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

The point is IT"S A TV SHOW.....if you think it's real everyday life you need to pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes.

26. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Yea google it and you'll be hard pressed to find people who like them. But back to capt John before he thread closes...

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I do like the bearded guy tho...

28. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

Not a big fan. I agree with JYK and TR. Im not hating on the guy, he can do what he wants with his cars. I think this show will lead to more cars rotting in fields, yards and barns because the owners are waiting for someone to over pay for what they have. Just like Barrett Jackson "inspires" people to price cars for their potential. "Did you see what one of these sold for at the Barrett Jackson auction", LMAO.

Last summer I came across a '54 Bel Air on CL, $12k. Saw it at a local carshow two weeks later, what a piece of crap. Bondo Mobile, bad body work all over, tail light lens "super glued" together, get this, Ive never seen "chrome Tape" covering the bumpers and stainless. He had the nerve to tell me "Thats what these cars go for". What a Joke.

29. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

The owner of Ass Monkey Garage is a tool...the laughing stock of Autorama Extreme years ago when he tried telling everyone HE built that super-chopped and super-low Model A that he bought from a teenaged HAMBer who actually did build it.

I kinda liked the bearded mechanic guy a little...till he stood there doing nothing while Mr Ass Monkey paid through the nose for that junk 64 Galaxie. Seems to me, if the guy signing your paycheck to keep you employed as his mechanic and expert set of eyes when buying used wrecks is about to plop down stupid money for a car that hasn't run in decades...the LEAST you could do is grab the balancer and see if the engine turns over...

30. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

I only watched the one show with the tudor, at work. I find it disgusting that they make shows about people screwing over other people. The american pickers, fast n loud, pawn stars. I find it sickening that people watch this shit. Whats next on tv? I can see it now....... Itll be a show about contractors fucking up peoples houses and taking their money. Or about hookers laughing about giving people aids. I dont find anything wrong with the buisness of it. Its buisness. But to glorify lowlifing, its like rap music that talks about abuseing your wife and selling drugs to kids. Its just fucked up. Im not a religious guy but this is some stuff that the bible warns about. Some real sodum and gomora shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.