Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Enough monkeying around: let's build a 5w, or another 4dr bites the big one.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by thunderbirdesq, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Gotta tell you that thing looks bad ass rolling down the road. I was hoping you were gonna catch back up to me, I was gonna video you driving and post it up here. All the way home my son kept saying "were did the hot rod go".

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

2. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

Just read this thread start to finish. Killer work!!!!

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

It looks great, I agree the headlights on it now look better. Bob

5. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

6. Hot Rod Trash

Hot Rod Trash

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

8. I just can't get enough pictures of this thing. Way cool.

9. Good to see you out at the races yesterday, the car looked good in the pits too.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Alright now that you're done louverin' clean up those wheels and tires.....I mean now you're just being lazy hahahahaha!!!!! Lazy as in someone that builds a 4dr into a 2dr coupe in 6 months. ;)

Seriously though, Little scrubbing and a fresh coat of dark maroon would really make them look killer. :D:D:D

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

thx!

Thanks Phil, it was a nice drive. Nice to see your J scootin down the track! Got the little "issue" I had all sorted out this morning.

I'm surprised you didn't chastise me for the greasy handprints around the door Hahaha! They are pretty dirty and scaly, I think they just may end up dark blue though.:eek: Not sure when I'll have time for that, still have some mechanical crap to do before the showdown invitational and Bonneville. Gonna add an aux fuel tank to up the capacity to 15 gallons... finish up some wiring... gotta tweak the alignment a bit... change a noisy throwout bearing... install a qc... make a cover for the rear crossmember... yep...:cool:

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well then never mind I said anything then. You've got a full plate but you should have that all finished up by 10am Tuesday seeing how fast you work. Now me all I gotta do is bleed my brakes (again) and put my seat in and I probably won't be ready before the invitational haha!!!

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

What ever happened with your oil leak/crack issue? Not your habit, the crack in your block?:D

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Indian Head. We'll see if it holds.....I still haven't fired the engine since October. I know I know......

15. Block , crack? Wha?

Louvers look killer Andy! Did you do those with your nifty die set you made???

16. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Got my fingers crossed for ya, I wanna see that SOB rollin into the fairgrounds in a few weeks!:)

Thanks mike, yep... hand-hewn!

17. Lookin great!

18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:DHi Andy.Just outstanding.Love it. Showed this thread to the Missus.She like to have wet herself when she saw what you started with and finished with.You remind me of something that I heard many moons ago.It went like this:
    I have done so much with so little for so long,Iam now qualified to do anything with nothing.
    Keep up the GREAT work.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

19. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Just keeps getting better Andy!!!

20. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

What a fantastic job! This might be my favorite build in the history of the HAMB.

Ed

21. So talented.
    Pisses me off a little...:)

22. bonesy

bonesy

Great looking louvers. That soft round looks so much better than the squared vents. Nice.

23. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

Louvers look good, old school. Thought you like these. Look forward to working with ya!

Attached Files:

24. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Thanks Chris, yep, can't wait to get started!

25. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

26. jimstro16

jimstro16

That thing is Bad ASS Andy. I seen it a couple months ago at Pautlers on Transit and just found this thread tonight. Never thought it was ever built in six months. Wow... Thats dedication.

Its crazy how fast you got the metal work on the body done. That has taken me more time than any other part of the build on mine.

Ive got 5 years into my '32 chevy and its getting close but it will be a stretch on time to get it done by next spring. Real similar in style to yours and Ive been collecting parts for a few years now. Just taken a while.

27. patman

patman

Holy crap! That's still there!?!?!? I lived less than a mile from Pautler's about 40 years ago. Went there all the time as a kid...

28. jimstro16

jimstro16

Yip, still there. They hold the tuesday nights now in the area. Not the best showing in town but they are keepign the crowd coming.

29. Lukydevl

Lukydevl
    from Arizona

I just found this.. Fuckin awesome build man!!

30. been here since you started. haven't said much but loved every pic. that thing is very cool, I would be proud to own it. I love it man can't wait to see what is next.