Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects This 62 Poncho was calling my name !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, May 11, 2012.

1. I did shoot video with my cell, but darn if I can upload it here to watch.

2. Sounds great !!!! :D

3. a few more from the exhaust shop, and one from the car wash ! 20 years of grime gone away ! :D Again many thank you's to Marshall and Gary (thanks again for the MT valve covers) for all the hard work on the wagon.. I drove her around all day Saturday with a big grin. and thumbs up from people I passed by... another one saved... Margie is her name( in honor of Mrs. Harui who owned the car since new) Thanks to Cooper with CJ's in University Place for the exhaust work..

Attached Files:

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Slick! I love those style seats/interior in those years.

5. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Awesome car and those wheels change the whole look! :cool:

6. thanks, Fixed my dash lights this evening.... dash light check off the sheet. :D

7. RE; 62 WAGON. just a bit of information you may already know. That wagon, also the '63 amd'64 are awesome vehicles in the snow. I drove a 62 and a 63 a couple of winters. A huge hill had to be climbed to get to my workplace. Often cars were stuck half way up. The Pontiac wagon could stop, pull out and pass them with no problem. Just real good weight proportioning. A big heavy toolbox helped too.Great vehicles.

8. won't being seeing any winters anytime soon ! LOL :D

9. wayne421

wayne421
    BANNED

Always been a fan of the 62 and 63 ponchos

10. Hanging at RCN !!!!! Towing and Push duties coming soon !

Attached Files:

11. Thanks to Marshall at Thunfield Rod & Custom, helped me with the rear tailgate window.. Removed the stainless steel rubb strips, and the access panel to the gate. Marshall did his magic with passenger side latch and catch.. which was putting a bind on the window so it wouldn't move right.. it's now all working... Thanks Rob

12. Little update, we removed the quadrajet carb and the worn out stock 400 distributor, installed a new Edeblock 1411 w/ electric choke... HEI pontiac 400 dist. I know not vintage for the wagon .... but what a difference...

13. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

That a great looking wagon. I just bought my 7th wagon. It's a '64 Ponyac Catalina. Its a solid car with surface rust, great interior. It has a 389 2bbl. But the main reason I bought it is that it has a "3 ON THE TREE". There can't be many of those still around. I'll probably sell it as I have way to many projects.

14. three on the tree ! sweet !

15. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Yea!!! It has that COOL factor. My 1st car when I was 17 was a '68 Nomad with a tranplanted 350. The 6 cly. rear end was always on fire when I would throw out the clutch with my 3 on the tree Nomad. So when I saw this Ponyiac it brought back some memories. However, I lost that car when my mother took it back to the people I bought it from and got my $$$ back because I was under age to buy a car. Did I tell ya she was an Attorney. Oh yea, the Ponyiac has A/C, underdash not a factory.

16. No A/C on my rig... They didnt' flip for the $$$$ to have it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

One of my favorite wagons.

18. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Rod.Great score.Sweet lookin` wagon.Love it.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

19. Mark Karger

Mark Karger
    from houston TX

I bet you would change your mind about air conditioning if you lived down here!

20. I'm pretty sure I would, but the original owners didn't order it with a/c ..
    I guess the parents didn't feel it gets hot enough for it LOL ! :D
    I spent alot of time in station wagons as kid with my brother and sisters.
    No a/c in any of the cars (56 Pontiac wagon, 65 and 69 Olds Vista Cruisers. It's a funny thing how station wagons are so popular now to have. When I was younger you wouldn't be caught dead in one.. Now it's cool ! :cool: For me it brings back alot of memories, man jumping from the third row seat to second seat... getting my sisters all flustered .. and Dad telling me to stop or he is going to pull over ! LOL

21. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Well it was 1975 when I bought the '68 Nomad. Enjoy that Poncho and hear the others talk about it at car shows. I remember when ....

22. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

Yep, wagons and 4 doors sucked when I was a kid. Your wagon rocks, especially that tri-color interior. I love that! :cool:

Oh, and Vista Cruisers always remind me of riding in grandpas new wagon, laying across the back seat and watching the sky through the roof window. Good memories! :D

23. Loved that about the Vista Cruisers, the sky light windows at night were great seeing the stars ...

24. thanks, really happy with it..

25. SIC98

SIC98

Any updates, push bar equipped yet? Like to see some pulling and pushing shots.
    P.S. Love that wagoon!
    ..Brian

26. running and driving these, didn't get any shots from Goodguy's In Puyallup when we towed the Altered into the event. I don't think we will be doing any pushing with the wagon( well maybe other cars) So may make the push bar over the winter...:D

27. Big Bad Dad

Big Bad Dad

Makes me feel nostalgic. My Parents had a white 62 Catalina wagon with the blue interior identical to yours. We took it across the country in about 1969 or so. Was just an old car then, but wish we had it now! :)

28. I grew up with station wagons, all four of us kids pilled into them... My favorite trip was from Tacoma to Disneyland in out 56 Pontiac Chieftan station wagon.. Many of roads trips in the Vista Cruisers we had over the years... Just had the 62 out the other day.

29. Teej

Teej

Great save! Big fan of the wagons here, especially the Ponchos.... Had a 70 VC for a while too.... Just not enough room for them all. Check out the Stationwagonforum sometime if you get a chance also...

30. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

Great car especially the interior.