Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Heavy Rebel 2012... the good, no bad, no ugly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zman, Jul 7, 2012.

1. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

I can`t express how much I enjoyed being a part of the Heavy Rebel this year. It was great to finally meet some fellow Hambers and talk to so many people who were interest in my car. The Iron Lords were wonderful and treated me like one of their own.
    I was very honored to have been chosen to receive the Sean Vesely Award. I was really surprised to win it.
    I think yesterday was as hot as I`ve been in a long time, and all I had to do was sit on my butt and talk to people. The guys who worked so hard to make this show such a success deserve a BIG thanks for all their hard work.

Thanks again Guys!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. 292belair

292belair

i enjoyed the show and thought it was ran well!

3. skwurl

skwurl

That is Sam Barnes car. Thequietwon on here. It was a survivor car from 59 or so. He worked his butt off to get to the show. The award from the Iron Lords was a hard earned one. You guys did a great job with the show and it was a honor to be in the showcase with some killer cars.

4. skwurl

skwurl

Your bellytanker is the gold standard of what a hot rod is

5. 292belair

292belair

Just found out my uncle won really cool trophy from the Road Devils for best original for his awesome green 50 Olds coupe. Very cool old car!

j

6. Dave, I loved your car!! I really enjoyed talking to you and your buddy. I wish we could have spent more time shooting the shit. Next time for sure.

BloodyKnuckles

7. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

All y'all dudes are awesome. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones. All y'all are the reason this show gets better every year. You can't complain about a shitty show while at the same time not supporting it by showing up with quality to make it better.

Del says "be the change you want to see". That's what we're doing with Heavy Rebel. And it seems to be rubbing off.

And yes, I like being "schooled" by rednecks about sickles. I let 'em talk and talk and talk. That's my pleasure. Loctite? Huh, never thought about that with a rattle trap old motor bike. :D You have to work on ironheads constantly? Never heard that one either, thought it was like an Evo. :D:D

The bottom line is, I had a blast. It was hot enough to cause me to slightly stroke out for a bit. And I chaffed my thighs from the sweating and walking, haha. But I still had a blast.

Thanks to everyone who brought killer cars to help support this show. We, the Iron Lords, worked hard to make it better the last two years. And with y'all's help, we'll keep making it better.

8. This is a killer wheel/tyre combo. 40 Ford right? Standard rim on front? Can anyone shed light on this set-up?

9. To continue on Terd's thought, with the help of likeminded clubs, the Road Devils and the Iron Lords, the Saints will continue producing a consistently better quality show each year by promoting it in avenues such as the HAMB. With people seeing the positive direction this show has already begun to take more and more quality cars will show up.

Positivity breeds productivity.

BloodyKnuckles

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  10. Gator

Gator

It's a shame we can't even get a little decent show coverage without some drama queens chiming in with their 2 cents. I'm surprised there weren't a couple of posts whining about the 'patina' on a couple of the cars thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, thanks for the pics, gotta get out there sometime.

How many cars typically show up?

11. Jen......

Jen......

thank you so much for the pictures

12. They say somewhere between 300-350 but I say more. Not too long ago car count was about 70 or so. You used to be able to show up at 11:00 and get a great parking spot now we're starting to park cars at 6am. Crazy!!!

BloodyKnuckles

13. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Your efforts don't go unnoticed. You all did a hell of a job yesterday. Even the blistering heat couldn't put a damper on the day.

14. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

From the looks of some of the pictures it must have been a decent show. Couldn't make it but it's okay I've made it to the last 10 prior. Sorry that I missed out, my Buick is slowly going through some body repair.

15. Gabby

Gabby

No one has said it yet, so I will. Even the law enforcement people was cool.

16. n847

n847

WOW...bad ass... I see the the "Primos Specail" was there...That was built out here! Cool Hot rod for sure!

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Though they wouldn't take the free water from the Iron Lords. Maybe they thought boobie was gonna roofie them.

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

huh?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It was over 100 degrees. The Iron Lords were giving out free bottled water aal day. The police though offered refused to partake. I think they saw the gleam in Boobie's eye.

20. sr808

sr808

Thanks for posting Zman! I had to miss it this year.

21. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Would you take a drink from a guy dressed like this?

[​IMG]

Me too ;)

22. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

To all of you involved... ONE HELL OF A SHOW!!!
    Thank you all for the effort you put into it. I'm sure it wasn't easy as hot as it was.

23. Guys, I've just spent a bunch of time reading the build thread on the lakester that everybody went nuts over, 'ya gotta see this. If this link has been posted before I apologize, didn't go back over the entire thread. Check this out.

http://mccainautomotive.com/BuildDiary.htm

24. thequietwon

thequietwon

The Deuce 5 window is mine...you may remember my "find of a lifetime" thread from last fall...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612971

We were still working on the car to get it to the show @ 2.30 Sat. morning. We got there at 7:00, and even though the car was still having tranny problems (more on that later), we had a blast. I apologize that I was still working on it at the show & I appreciate all the help that was offered. I was humbled when I was asked to park the car in the "reserved" area & it was a huge honor to have the car recognized by like minded people that get it. The hospitality at this show is the best I have ever seen, and all the clubs involved do an outstanding job.

This was my first year at the show, and I will be coming back. I have always been a 1% kind of guy...I have went to several NSRA & Goodguys shows and maybe looked at 10-15 cars really seriously. I looked at alot more cars at this show. Even though there was some r-rod shit there, there was far more traditional cars there than you would see at most other shows. Bottom line is that if you like traditional cars, this is a show you need to attend.

Iron Lords...It truly was an honor to have my Deuce named the the "Most Dialed Hot Rod". Much respect for what you guys do & represent. And Jeffrey...thanks for the shop rag!!!

Sam

25. Sam, your car knocked our socks off. We absolutely loved it. We were honored that you came to the show. We just wanted to show people the way a real hot rod should be built. Your car deserved the "Most Dialed Hot Rod" award even with a noisy throwout bearing. We hope to see you again.

BloodyKnuckles

26. I had a blast this year. I got to meet some new people and also got to see some ideas that I might borrow. A couple of guys I know who have never once showed there rides anywhere finally did this year. Now they all realize why this is the only carshow I really care about making it to. Maybe next year I can make it inside to hear a few of the bands.

27. cougarmike

cougarmike

Terd's Truck on the way home.[​IMG]

28. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

Wow that looks like a fun show !!! Thanks

29. cougarmike

cougarmike

Very happy to have been able to make the awesome show this year. Cars were great and the People were even better. The clubs including my buds in the Iron Lords knocked it out this year. Glad to have been able to bring the Cheetah along. It's getting torn down for restoration to the as-raced condition after the show. [​IMG]

30. Some nice rides!