Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-52 Chevy Windshields Interchangeable?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam Navarro, May 4, 2012.

1. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Howdy All-

So my 52 Chevy Style Line DeLuxe Sedan is being chopped and the front driverside windshield broke! I would like to know if a 49-52 Chevy sedans,business coupes & hartops have similar enough windshields (since I have to cut it anyway) that I can interchange them. Any help would be great.

Thanks inadvance,
    Sam Navarro

2. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

no go on the guy i sold the deluxe to, sam. he scrapped what was left of the car.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

I think they are all interchangeable!

4. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

I think the Fleetline (fastback) and hardtop windshields are a little shorter, like 1 1/2" or 2". Check one of the catalogs of the places that sell 49-52 Chevy parts, to be sure, because they will be listed differently.

***OK i just checked Ecklers early Chevy parts.....it lists the hardtop, and convertible as one, the sedan as another, and the fleetline as yet a different one. And they have different prices.....the years will interchange, but not the models

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

hardtops have a different curve to them. they are like 2" shorter than "stylines"... I was going to use one in a 2" chop but found out it won't work

wagons are taller than regular sedans, Fleetlines are shorter. I would assume a Fleetline windshield would work since you are cutting it, but not 100% sure. you'll probably never find a good wagon windshieild, so that one does not matter.

Styline coupes, 2 door sedans and 4 door sedans all interchange. does not matter what year it is

6. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Thanks for the info guys, I guess now the search now begins considering that one damn windshield is holding me up from driving!!!

SN

7. 4 different windshields (8 if you both sides) chopping a wagon can be done without cutting glass because their tallest, looking for a used one Just about any will work except the HT

8. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

I have a 50 Chev 2dr Sdn with a 3 1/2 Chop with a 0ne piece Olds windshield. I have the receipt from O.E.M. Glass Inc in Bloomington Il Ph (800) 283-2122 or (309)662-2122.
    You might give them a call. I have a Business card from Stacy Baker,if he still works there. They should be able to help you out.
    Bill

9. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

so will a stock olds windshield fit into a stock (unchopped) chevy?

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Yes.......models 76 and 88 series, so long as it is the same body style....i.e. hardtop or two door sedan etc. Olds also fits '49/'52 Pontiac bodies.

In '50 the Olds windshield is one piece and was offered in the same body styles as Chevy. In '51, only the the "standard" 88 was produced in the '49/'50 body design and only in two and 4 door sedan versions. '51 Super 88 is a different body and was shared with Buick.

Ray

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  11. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

awesome, so basically a 50 olds 88 windshield will go straight into my 51 style line?

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL