Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2012 Roll call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Interesting way to go about it. Curious to hear/see more. Looks like there will be at least two blown vintage Dodge banger powered cars in MR at Speedweek.

2. Interesting to say the least!

3. August 10-12. Here's your agenda.

Roll into the wendover Nugget Friday night and check out the improptu hot rod show. Head to the salt saturday morning and eat the worlds best huevos rancheros at the truck stop. Slather yourself in sunscreen. Wander the pits, tech, and starting line all day Saturday, and then roll through impound at the end of day to see who's qualified for a record. Look for our car :D Drive back to town. Jump in the pool and cool off. Go eat tacos at Trina's. Wander the parking lot with a cold beer in your hand. Be back on the Salt at DAWN on Sunday morning to watch the record back up runs. Buy some SCTA swag at the trailer. Get a free beverage from the Monster girls. Go home and start building a race car.

It's that easy!

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Things are getting to be real Belly Buttons. Wish we had more info on the engine.

5. noboD

noboD

DB's =BB's belly buttons! That's funny. Can't wait to see it!!

6. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

7. t-rod

t-rod

I've been driving my daily out the last few years, now that my roadster is done, this year will be its maiden voyage to the salt.

8. Rusty Junk Ranch

Rusty Junk Ranch

We plan to have the roadster there again, good thing there is still plenty of time ! Now, where is that motor ???

[​IMG]

9. Checkin in from Stockton/Antioch ca, First timer this year after my shit head boss wouldn't reschedule my vaca last year. Bville or bust!!!

10. This is good advice so listen up! :D

11. Was just emailed this photo this morning. 2012 Salt grooming has begun!

36 Days 00 Hours 25 Minutes 32 Seconds 'til Speedweek

Attached Files:

12. Got our HAMB BBQ banner from the Brown Santa (ours is actually a hot blond ;)) yesterday. Thanks to OldBobsign aka Evil Step Dad for the effort!

13. flynfrog

flynfrog

I will be there with the camera and maybe the conti.

14. MrModelT

MrModelT

I can't WAIT!!!! :D ...so excited for my first time to the salt!

15. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Gotta' love them Monster girls.

[​IMG]

16. Yup!

Attached Files:

17. Anyone that thinks they might want to build a racecar should go look on the classifieds at Landracing.com. There are two smokin deals on roadsters for sale for far less than most can build them.

18. rick finch

rick finch

Sage advice right there...;)

19. jpm49c

jpm49c

The "Thud Spud" getting close! First two pictures are of the first time it sat on its own tires.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  20. noboD

noboD

21. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

wow!

22. Yep!
    [​IMG]

23. Just wanted to add for those of you that cant roll in on Friday night (like us), the "Hot Rod Show" is probably as big or bigger on Saturday night and still strong on Sunday night. So dont worry bout missing the show in town .... plenty of cool cars to see all the time.

Plus you are really going for the big show on the salt. Thats the one that cant be beat!

24. Had a few questions, we will have food on around 5PM Friday night. I expect a table full of raffle items so far so we will give folks a while to gather and start pulling tickets out of the jar. I know there are lots of things people need to do/go to. We will keep this as short or as long as folks like.

25. We're still hoping for Speedweek but WOS is looking more likely at this point. Huge changes to the motor this year. Some delays on the new head and cam have us waaaay behind. Lots of late nights. Still blown, MR class, hoping for 150 :D

http://www.fastfourspecial.com/2012-preparation.html

26. gas pumper

gas pumper

Last year I never made it into town to see all the posers with the buckets of salt spread under their cars and did not miss it.

Cold beer at the bend at night with racers was a lot more appealing to me than hanging at a parking lot car show.

Frank.

27. Can't handle 'the bend' scene. At my age, getting up at dawn requires a soft bed and fewer rowdy yahoos.

28. gas pumper

gas pumper

Last year I stayed "across the road" at the bend. Much more peacefull and quieter and when the water came up I was about 3 inches above the flood line:D

29. I agree, I go for the racing.

The bend was quiet last year, the BLM Nazi (one ranger) made sure of that. Just small groups sitting around benchracing.

Unless you count the idiots on the Quad and the Baja bug tearing shit up after the rain. I would like to have a word with those idiots:mad: