Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wild Willie's arm for sale.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry, Jul 6, 2012.

1. vintagedrags

vintagedrags

2. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

If that arm was a registered trademark of Willie Borsch, it may not even be the property of the seller to sell. This could end up going to court if all the "i"s aren't dotted and the "t"s crossed. It might even say something about it being a "registered trademark of Wild Willie" or "trademark left arm reproduced with permission" somewhere on the Revell model kit box. If it is trademarked property I don't believe the seller can legally sell it unless he has express written permission from the owner, or in this case his surviving family.

I have a call out to a buddy of mine on the west coast. He has THOUSANDS of unbuilt model kits in his collection. I've asked him if he has this particular model, and if he could send me a copy of the licensing credits from the side of the box. I'm very curious at this point. Just waiting for his reply.

3. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Man! I'd sell my Harley for that thing!!! Willie was one of my heroes of racing just from watching old runs of the Winged Express(I was 6 when he passed). He just had a balls out style to him that I liked and it never hurt the car was crossed up smoking them half the time! I'd like to see it in a rightful place like back with Mousie and Boyd and The Express!!! Long Live Wild Willie!

4. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I'd love to, but I have more important things to spend my money on. Like a mortgage, insurance, utilities...

I didn't read where it was SOLD to the owner (Father-in-law). I was under the impression that it was "left" there after one of Willie's seasonal stays, and then he retired and it was forgotten about.

MY concern would be for the guy who BUYS it. He could end up paying a bunch of money for it, only to have someone come out of the woodwork and try to reclaim it.

5. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

What a great history lesson! If I had the cash, screw the museum I would like it for garage art and a conversation peice.

6. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Yes, even the model car kit of that funny car came with the arm.

[​IMG]

7. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

The OP should've attached a poll to this thread as to what the arm will sell for

8. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I'm going to throw in my guess at $25k...

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

If the right people see that auction (they may already have), maybe. I'd guess less, $2K-$3K range for regular folk.

Agree, it should be in a drag racing museum. Iconic piece of memorabilia. Especially with the interest in Willie's fame & legend, both past & present.

That's a long auction. I'm sure the word will get around, and your guess may be close, Ragtop.

10. BobG

BobG

I liked to fell out of my #^*% chair when I read someone thought it was a real arm.
    I wonder where the Charger Funny car is.

11. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

I have a unopened model, comes with the arm mentioned here.
    Willing to trade for real estate, lear jet or pure gold, lots of it.

I relly do

12. Tooooo Funny! I wondered how they fit in his altered they hadta be a tight fit....

13. I know what ya mean! I just passed a big bite from a ham sandwich thru my left nostril....

14. I can't get it!

15. BobG

BobG

If you get more gold than you can handle send'em my way, I got one too in one of the tin boxes.

16. No shit Dick tracy,,,I happen to see him do this many times and never see a damn artificial arm..

17. I can appreciate those who have a certain attachment to it, for drag racing historical sake.

18. Cooder2

Cooder2
    from tejas

Wow, maybe the coolest flee-bay page I've ever read

19. Fenders

Fenders

What did you see?

According to the stories, he only drove the altered that way, and didn't use the fake arm until later with the funny cars....

20. BobG

BobG

Willie was well known for driving the altered with one hand... the fake arm was never in the altered,
    it wasn't until they switched to Funny Car that someone had the idea of mounting a fake arm in the left window to give it the effect that he was driving the Funny Car one handed.
    It's actually too bad the person that has the real car (if it still exists) didn't keep the fake arm with the car.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Shipping on those would probably be pretty high, I'd figure they were pretty big...:D

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

He'd have to have an arm six feet long to hang it out the window of a charger funny car...:rolleyes:

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Actually,believe it or not, something similar to this has already happened. A guy in England found a Monet in a land fill, and gave it to his daughter. She put it up for auction at Sothebys, and the surviving children of the last known owner successfully blocked the sale, as far as I know, it is still tied up in the courts ten years later. Funny thing is, the estate was contacted long before the painting went up for auction to try to find out the history of the painting, they did not express any interest until it went up for auction $$$.

Sorry, Windslow Homer, not Monet...
    http://www.youghalonline.com/2011/0...tip-to-sothebys-but-who-owns-250000-painting/

24. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Its not the arm for sale, The seller is trying to get sombody to reinburse him for storage fees and the guy who does that gets the arm so he can store it for awhile.

25. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Boy! Hope my wife don't sell my left arm still in my firersuit and glove when I'm gone. Hell,She might do it while I'm still here. Now i'm thinken.:eek::eek:

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I seem to recall a story about the whole Revell deal not working out that well, Due to "differences" between Willy and the Revell brass. Anyone recall the details?

27. slammed

slammed

$$$$$ It always comes down to the money. The suit's want it all.

28. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Ummmmmm, did you or did you not say in post #25 "My bet is that its just a scam......seriously doubt that they took his arm before cremation"... FAIL.

29. Well you got to hand it to him:rolleyes:

30. afaulk

afaulk

Going once, twice, three times.........raise yer real hand if ya wants to bid. To funny!