Register now to get rid of these ads!

Say a prayer for Adriene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Jun 9, 2012.

1. SaltCoupe

SaltCoupe
    from Indiana

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Guys and Gals, Adriene appreciates it as do I.
    Farmer, please send your email addy so that I can send the pix of you @ the Broiler. It was very nice meting you and thank you again.

3. Adriene

Adriene

Such kind thoughts, thank you everybody...CK, Doug, Paul, Steph, JGee, Mark..all of you nice people. I know my Dad's gotta be up there looking at this thread in amazement and thinking "For me...?"

4. willymakeit

willymakeit

Prayer sent and I commend you on a gret post as a friend. It is always tough ,hang in there.

5. Nova Thug

Nova Thug
    from SG Vizzle

RIP Mr. Biondo

While you were here you created a beautiful family, touched many lives and followed your passion. Sorry I didn't get to meet you in person but alass we have a life time of memories to be shared from those who knew you best.

My condolences to you Adriene and your family.

6. 39ChevyBob

39ChevyBob

Adriene

My condolences to you and your family. Looks like you had one heck of a Dad - cherish the memories. I owe you a hug the next time I'm at the Broiler.

7. Fabian Chopit

Fabian Chopit
    from SoCal

Adriene, so sorry to hear about your Dad. We never got to meet him, but can tell he must have been a great man. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. RIP John Biondo.

-The Chopit Family

8. slammed

slammed

That pic of him waving brought tear's to my eye's. Bowing the head for the families loss.

9. Adriene

Adriene

Thank you Slammed, RustyFords, Fabian, Bob...comforting words from all of you kind folks. That pic where my Dad's waving was a rough day for my Dad; he was definitely operating on will power. Wish he could have been here for LARS, we would've walked arm in arm smiling and appreciating all the great roadsters. In my life I hope I can live to be the person he made me feel I could be. And maybe help rebuild another engine on a kitchen table in his honor ;-)
    Happy Father's Day...I love you, Daddy.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

The daddy man would love to have walked around there with you. ;)

11. 343w

343w

The only thing we can take from this world to the next is our relationships. Thank you for sharing alittle bit of this wonderful man's life. God Bless all those who he touched in such a beautiful way.Prayers for his family...

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

God Speed and prayers from Indiana

13. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Wow, thanks for sharing his life with us. Sounds like he was one of a kind......

14. Sorry Adriene. You have my empathy.

15. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

so sorry to hear the news!! praying from southern alabama.. i lost a grandfather a few months ago and i will say his stories on the old cars he had and loved had something to do with me and my hot rod hobby.. i know how terribly you must miss him but smile knowing we will all be together again and happier than we were during our most fond/heartwarming memories we will and have had in this short life together.. god bless..

16. hemifarris

hemifarris

God bless him. May he rest in peace.

17. wow great story for what appears to have been a good man much respect from oregon

18. Lil32

Lil32

Sad news,God bless you all.

19. Adriene

Adriene

Lil32, Plymouth52, HemiFarris...thank you. I've been thinking about the remarkable man my Dad was. What a clear thinking, problem solving mind! My Dad lived in Pennsylvania for a few years like his role model Benjamin Franklin. He was also proud that he was born the same day that Ben Franklin was: January 17th. And both men lived to be 84. Fascinating minds and parallels.

20. May we all be inspired, by a great man like this. R.I.P. John.

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

So Adriene was inquiring about doing a memorial cruise for her dad John.
    We were crunching ideas and see what I could help her with. We were thinking perhaps going from George's 50's Diner in Bixby Knolls to the Broiler.

Do yo guys have ideas? perhaps some shops to stop at on the way to our destination????
    Does anybody have a hook up for this kind of idea? Can anyone assist with the cruise.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  22. I would be proud to be apart of that cruise.. I'll be watching for the details!

23. Adriene

Adriene

Thanks J, that would be awesome! We'll put some ideas together and keep everyone posted here.

24. Well alright!

25. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

You know me I am in. How about another ghost cruise? Hit a few of the old hot spots along the way.

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

from Adriene:

[​IMG]

27. Adriene

Adriene

Thanks for posting for me, Doug. I love this; just as my Dad left it.

28. I think that would be great!!!

29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well lets do it for the Daddyman! Give us a good idea when you guys could attend the run ;).