Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my Jalopy Journal book today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 27, 2012.

1. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

after so much hype i had to see what all the fuss was about so i just ordered one.. i'll keep you posted as to the condition once it gets here..

PS. that was post number 100 for me!
    gilby!

2. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

The packaging has been changed and we expect to have no more shipping issues. Ryan is shipping the bulk of the orders from the world HQ in Texas but we are also shipping some from California from the ACME site. Let us know what you think of the book once you see it.

3. Got mine today in the Great White North. The international envelope held up well and my copy is in pristine shape! Thanks to all involved.

4. James Boys

James Boys
    from London ONT

Glad to hear they are starting to arrive up North. My tracking says it is still stateside, spending its first 4th of july in a sorting facility. I can't wait for it to arrive!

5. jazzbum

jazzbum

how long after you ordered did you guys get tracking info?

6. jazzbum

jazzbum

scratch that, went to my spam folder. come on, july 7th.

7. aldixie

aldixie

I got mine this morning. A great book, had to clean my greasy hands first as I was out in the garage when the mail man arrived.

8. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

my Jalopy Journal arrived today went outside thumbed through the whole book
    Ryan you were busy my order number was 12,172

sitting in my chair in the 100 degree heat reflecting on the Bonneville photos took me back to 2000 Speedweek
    in the back of the book are the Sponsors many who personally have helped me
    your little black book is a welcome edition Thanks

9. I actually just got one yesterday via Jeb. I haven't had much time to read all of it it, but I think it came out great. Ryan, I remember Jeb telling me the soap story from a few years back. I laughed out loud when I read that.

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

How many books were published? For a self-published book this has to be pretty successful. I'm betting most of them sell.

11. Merc40

Merc40

Got mine today !!! Yahoo!!! Cant wait to read it......

12. Got mine and my swag today. I really appreciate the extra effort that went in to the packaging. I was kinda jealous of the guys that got theirs early, but those stories of the postal workers going postal on the packages makes me glad I wasn't one of the early ones.

I just did a quick thumb through so far, but Im anxious to read Mazooma's story. I think of every member of the HAMB he is the only one I would love to have traded places with growing up. He lived the dream of every boy that was in to hot rods. And from reading his posts he grew up to be a really great person. I guess all hot rodders arent hoodlums lol.

Thanks again to all that were involved in putting this together.

Mark

13. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

got mine today.
    packaging looks good yet.
    havent had time to open it yet though
    thanx', Ryan.

14. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Just checked tracking..... due in tomorrow!

15. ratman

ratman

Got mine, All the way to New Zealand in mint condition. Many thanks Ryan.:)

16. williebill

williebill

Got mine yesterday,perfect condition. GREAT book ! Everybody who's into the spirit of the HAMB should order this one.... Then you won't be that guy posting a wanted add in the future when it's out of print.
    Hell,it even smells good...

17. J'LO.217

J'LO.217

Just got mine! I've been like a little kid the last few days racing to get home after work to see if it showed up. Awesome job Ryan!

18. Got mine. EXCELLENT

19. Ryan -Great work the journal is excellant and very high quality! Received in great condition.

Will look through each page carefully so as to enjoy it all. Photographs are very nice and one can spend a long time capturing the small details - then jump in the 41 and cruise!

Best to you,
    John

20. Got mine today. No damage in transit. Nice job, Ryan & friends!

21. Got it!! Looked like the priority envelope got carpet bombed, but the re-pack was awesome and book is in top-notch shape. Thanks Ryan

22. My favorite article in the whole book. Just terrific. Doug tells a good story (and takes a fine picture, too).

23. Cooder2

Cooder2
    from tejas

Got mine, very unique, probably keep it on my desk at work

24. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Got mine today. I think USPS read it before I got it. The package was all torn open and the postman folded it to stuff it in the mailbox. At least the book was not damaged. Can't wait to read it.

25. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Got mine today. No damage here either.

26. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

Bloody brilliant chaps

27. cayager

cayager

got mine today. perfect no shredding.

28. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

My copy arrived today in excellent condition. The Jalopy Journal #2 is my best car-related deal this year. Thumbs up to Ryan and all the contributors.

29. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

Ryan do you plan on doing reprints at some point? I would like the first issue.