Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Going down to Austin to get the floors done in my T with Mercury Charlie in two weeks. I'm going to show Charlie those ass pockets one page back, although I don't think headroom is going to be an issue, even for my 6'5" Sasquatch self. I'll take lots of pics and maybe grab a few of Charlie's new T while I'm there. Cannot wait. Here are a few appetizers:

395254_297920836925082_297884716928694_852902_1567630015_n.jpg
    Charlie's new T.

ZEE%20FRAME%20FLYER.jpg
    A schematic of the Zee frames both Charlie and my T are running.

430394_317728724944293_297884716928694_899923_516626260_n.jpg
    My Zee frame; 425 Nailhead, Turbo400, John's Industries 9" with 3.50 ratio.

CHARLIE'S T PUSHED_2.jpg
    Charlie's Old T and the reason I made a beeline the man when it was time to build my T.

402992_299873460063153_297884716928694_858651_480099914_n.jpg
    Mercury Charlie is pre-Siesta mode.

MY T ARRIVES.jpg
    My T as it arrived from Marshall Daut of Iowa.

exorcistvan8-XL.jpg
    A color reference for what I'm thinking. Mmm, eggplant.

CU OF MY 425 NAILHEAD.jpg
    My 425 Nailhead swiped from the '29 I bought from Ian Loska
    several years ago.

MY T ENGINE CU.jpg
    Another shot of my 425 with Ian Loska-built Zoomies.

399560_297922703591562_520786789_n.jpg
    Charlie's new T.

MY T REAR PASS PRO.jpg
    Another shot of my T, soon to be married to Mercury Charlie's Zee frame #14.

SHOE DONE_2.jpg
    Another color reference, this one in Suede squirted by Jeff Meyers.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  2. woodbox

woodbox

Progress up date on mine. 7 days to finish for its debut.

[​IMG]

3. oj

oj

Heres an inner door buck i am near finished with. My door inners are about screwed and the bucks' measurements came from them, i hope they fit. I should be able to make new inner door panels, mine is a 26-7 roadster/touring. I am posting this here in case any of you guys have the same problem as i - door skins are available but the inner doors aren't.
    I have to make a couple other pieces to form the lip but i should be able to make a test door next week, i'll post the results good or bad.

Attached Files:

4. I have a '26 Tudor I have looking to replace the doors because the inner panels are wiped (well the drivers side). I would like to see your progress as you complete them as I don't have the talent to make them. I was going to contact Howells for the outter metal panels unless someone has another suggestion on where to get metal. I need to get the body in some sort of shape to take it to an even for teenagers to be able to learn to pinstripe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

5. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

oj ... I made some inners a few years ago in the same fashion you are. If you have a bead roller, roll a 1/4" bead where the breaks go around the edges. Then wrap the edges of your buck with a piece of 10ga. held slightly above the surface. This helps lock the pannel in place. Next I used a homemade tucking fork to start the corners working a little at a time alone with the straight edges. For the lip ofr the outside skin I welded pieces of 18ga. after the forming.

Ron

6. Can anyone tell me what the wedge shaped piece at the front of the pickup bed on a 26-27 T is there for ?This is the bit in the bed on the front panel not the pieces on the outer front to fill the bed to body gap.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  7. bangngears

bangngears
    from ofallon mo

Here is a little 26 i buildt for a friend of mine earlier this year.Pinto 4 cyl. with c4 and open banjo.Blast to drive.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      497.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      494.3 KB
      Views:
  8. buds64

buds64
    from Devine, TX

Heres a couple pics of mine. chopped 7" and channelled 4". Finished the wood for the top and covered with pleated vinyl.

Attached Files:

9. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

26 T ... That bump out is for the battery access.

Ron

10. Bitchin' T bangngears! Any pics of it outside? I'm still flirting with the idea of fenders on mine.

11. Clysdale

Clysdale
    from Vista, CA

Oh man....that looks KILLER! Thanks for tossing up the picks and for sticking that skull in such a sweet ride.

12. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Nice work! My coupe's been on hold for a while with my wife in the hospital. She just got home Wednesday (After 10 weeks!) Hoping to get back to work soon.

13. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Ragtop..
    Glad to hear she's out of the hospital!
    Ten weeks is a long stretch for her and you. Any disruption to our routines can be hard.
    Let's hope things smooth out.

I hear you about things being on hold.
    For me it's been fixing my daily driver, rebuilding a new-to-me '87 Ranger that belonged to a long time client of mine (it's in bad shape but has sentimental value) plus fixing ant/rodent damage to my house. I do not like carpentry work.

I did manage to turn my T into an temporary electric driven unit.
    Since I don't own a garage, I use my brother's place.
    Pushing the thing in and out got old.. so did I. ;)
    I had a power steering unit from a late model smaller GM car given to me.
    SOOoooo I popped on a small pulley and a bigger one on the yoke of the rear axle, threw together some angle-iron for brackets and well, it works.
    Now I can move it in and out the garage with a battery. :) :) :)
    Next I'll mock up some steering and go "vroom vroom".
    Yes, it's a redneck-looking thing (no offense to rednecks.. I are one), but man.. it sure beats pushing that thing in and out the shop!

I bought David Gardiner's DVD and am practicing stuff. Thanks David!

Joe

Attached Files:

14. I've got an A sedan waiting in the wings and an A roadster under construction, but when the time comes to do a coupe, it's just gotta be a T.

15. dmac620

dmac620

You can always come down the block Mr. Punk and take mine out for a spin.

16. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

17. Boon BA

Boon BA

T Roadster on an A frame

18. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Now that the wife's home, I'm back to work on the car. The body is pretty well done and should be in prime from the beltline down very soon. My body guy had a Hell of a time fitting the new trunk lid skin but it's almost like a Mercedes fit now! needs a little piece added to each bottom corner to get the gap perfect. Should be in prime soon and then it's back home to do some finishing touches on the chassis that I need the body in place for, and the top chop will be next. We molded in the cowl where the hood lace would normally go and I'm thinking about eliminating that area on the Deuce grille shell too. What's your thoughts on that guys? I'm also thinking I should split the shell all the way around and adding a piece in to make it a little wider to cover the rad. I appreciate any comments on this - thanx too, for all the good thoughts about my wife - she's getting around pretty good now (with a walker) but getting a little stronger every day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Got an update on the T. My buddy Steve and I spent a long three days working on the floor, firewall, and tunnel for the for T at Mercury Charlie'S this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We blasted the metal along the lower section of the body, ground off all paint, and added square tubing to reinforce the sub rails. Watching Charlie get after it was a real eye opener. To cover just a few of the fabricated pieces we formed, the T now has a firewall with the original curved lower contour. We pulled a template off of the front edge of the bellhousing, and created a nice gentle circular curve around it to clear the Turbo 400. The floors now have the outer edges formed along the doors and they're perfectly level. We have the front driveshaft loop built and the ladder bar covers formed and in place. In all the three of us spent one hundred hours and got a lot done. The body is now on the Zee frame for the first time, and I can really visualize the finish line. I still need to gather up my photos to add to this post and will soon. The workmanship on my car is astounding and while it ain't cheap, it was well worth the effort and the cost. My buddy Steve was fabricating like a mofo, and Charlie was amazing. I did a lot of the flunkie stuff like sandblasting, drilling, grinding, etc. All in all, it was a great experience and we'll be going right back at it as soon as finances build back up. Seeing the body on the frame at the desired ride height is very inspiring. Pics coming.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  20. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Nice work, I like it.

21. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Cam, I can't wait to see your pic's.
    Sometimes you just got to bite the bullet and spend a few bucks to get what you need and keep the project running along on target...

Riding shotgun with Charlie would sure be agreat experience.

22. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I have a 27 T coupe that I got off here two years ago and I have a couple 390 Cad motors but I have just finished up a new house so it has been on hold. I would post pictures but I don't own a camera and would have to spend time figuring out how to post!! Not exactly high on the list of things to learn.

23. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Most cell phones these days have camera's good enough for the task.
    Take your pic's and store them on your computer.
    Get back onto the HAMB, press the "go advanced" button at the bottom of this thread page and have a go it is not all that hard.
    If you get stuck pm or email me and I'd be happy to help you finish loading your pic's...

24. tn.jpeg
    I'm having one hell of a time trying to load images of my progress on the T from my four-day weekend in Austin at Charlie's. For those interested, hit the Tall T link in my signature below and you'll see numerous shots on my blog. Feel free to subscribe if you're so inclined.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  25. Charlie's car in foreground. Mine in background. Still having trouble loading other build shots. I'm retarded.

tn.jpeg

26. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Looking good. I got mine back on the road.

Attached Files:

27. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Thanx. Now for the bad news: My wife's not recovering as well as we had hoped. It's time to sell both the T and my'66 ElCamino. We want to get something cool that we can do some travlling with. Probably an OT Vette

28. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

That's too bad about your wife. :(
    I hope you find something that suits you both.
    Take care of yourselves.

Joe

29. HawgHead

HawgHead

I hope to be starting one as soon as Bill (Bill's Auto Works) can arrange a move out to the PNW.

This is what I'll be starting with.

Attached Files:

30. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Got to love those trunk hinges...