Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have any of you had an "Idea" and thought about bringing it to the Market place

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Sweet, Jul 6, 2012.

1. I will try with another thread about past good ideas

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. Harms Way

Harms Way

Good idea !,.....

And Congratulations !,.. they will probably be for sale at Harbor Freight next week for $5.00..... And you gave them the idea for free. :D

If you really want to live the American dream,... you need a patent on it,.. or every schumk can back door your idea,.. and you get zip,... zero,... nadda ! You'll be the guy in the crowd that can say "Hey !,.. That was my Idea !,.. I invented that !" as others look at you with disbelief,... feeling sorry for the old guy that must either be full of BS or is loosing his mind.

Don't share your ideas if you want to make money from them.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  3. So others can steel and make money off my ideas? I wouldn't show anything you want to try and make for profit.. Just my .02 worth

4. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

It'd be cool to see it with a corner sectioned off for nuts and bolts.

5. vintagedream

vintagedream

I agree, I've had ideas, one OT I developed and am marketing now, but I've never shown anyone one of my "great" ideas. Just sayin'

6. squirrel

squirrel

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, there's plenty of 'fools' (thieves...???) out there that will steal that idea, call it theirs and sell it...even if you were the first to patent it (which I don't think you did), there's nothing to prevent someone/company from taking your idea, changing it 10% (and I can see more than a 10% change on that idea)...and you're out...you've lost a potential revenue stream...NEVER divulge your secrets...especially on an internet forum...!!!

Like the guy said above : "Harbor Freight will be selling that one next week...!!!"

R-

9. squirrel

squirrel

One way to keep your idea safe from copying, is to have it be something that no one in their right mind would (or could) copy. My brother has been selling Nixie tube wristwatches for the better part of a decade, and finally someone else started selling a small batch of similar, inferior, more expensive watches with a similar design. My brother showed the design progress, problems, and looked for design help on the internet throughout the entire process, he did not try to keep his ideas "secret".

Like my link above shows, most everything has been invented already....so before you get too excited about getting rich, do some research, a simple quick google or ebay search might show you you're a bit late to the party.

10. Harms Way

Harms Way

Darn !,....

They read this already.

410714 Tool Creeper

[​IMG]

11. Gromit

Gromit

It was a good idea :) just a little late.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

wow,poor guy just saw his money making project smashed due to the fact the product already exists and with various mods,dont worry bub there are other ideas out there.find some way to kill the rat rod trend,could make you a fortune

13. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

I'd just end up kicking that goofy thing over or out of reach so I might as well continue scattering tools all over the floor to begin with.

I see things like that and think there's a good chance the inventor doesn't really work on cars.

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

Was it something we said ???????? :eek:

15. XXL__

XXL__

A couple of days ago, I saw a product at Staples that is 1) my idea/design, and 2) even goes so far as to use my brand name :eek: (item has been deemed OT by Ryan and co, so I no longer post them here, but you can see a few older posts in Classifieds). I am inventor on a dozen or so patents, but sadly none protect this particular item. However, there is still trademark infringement, and I can show documented use of the name for 5+ years. I'm now looking for legal assistance... I don't have much money to go fight some offshore mega-corp that steals ideas for a living. :(