Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects KIWI MADE 1927 T Lakes modified - Journey to the end of the road!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by woodbox, Mar 31, 2012.

1. 1937Nisbo

1937Nisbo

The three rules of getting older...
    Never pass a bathroom, Never waste a hard on, and Never trust a fart...

2. Sadly so true.......

3. davo461

davo461

4. woodbox

woodbox

5. woodbox

woodbox

It has been a busy day today. A trip into town to grab some more edging trim and a v belt. The interior is all but finished. I like it.....I hope you all do too!
    The seats gave a bit of grief to get into the cabin, lots of dicking around with belts and clearances on holes, but they are in now. I even jumped in to see if it all still feels right.....and it does.

Tomorrow, the fuel tank will go on and I will look at the welting on the cowl and grill for the bonnet top and sides.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Cooler and cooler every day. You know, of course, everyone is SO envious of your project and skills that you will never be able to drink all the free beer you will be offered! Gary

7. striper

striper

I envy that leg room. Looking like a car now.

8. Wow it's so cool!

9. woodbox

woodbox

Looking forward to that! I have spent all my beer money on the car!!

I am 6'1" and it is a squeeze getting in, hence the need for the quick release hub on the wheel. But once I am in, it is quite comfortable.

Thanks for that. It would be very cool riding in it here at the moment.....middle of winter and all!

10. Looking fantastic Wade ! you gotta be starting to feel pretty jumpy about that first drive very soon !

11. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Wow, that interior's cool, what is the lever on the trans tunnel for?

Scotty

12. woodbox

woodbox

Ohh Yeah!

That is the fuel shut off valve. I thought it may be a good idea as the tank when full will be above the carb and it is easier to kill an engine fire from further away.:eek:

13. Okay Wade,at 6'1, can I ask if you are on the slim side too as I'm avenge height but those seats look awfully narrow for my butt but in saying that I do like the idea of those sort of seats for my T Bucket. Wonder if Lazy Boy make some to fit my car, just thinking out loud. Your cars is looking really good.

14. woodbox

woodbox

It all depends what dress I am wearing as to how big my ass looks. I find that stripes don't do me any favours either.:eek: I try to stick with solids colors too and big pockets take the emphasis away from the size of my thighes!!:D
    lets just say that once you are in the seat, you don't move around much.

I have a pair of blanks for the seats in the shop at the moment if you are interested.

15. woodbox

woodbox

Apparently I am suppossed to have headrests!!!! so these are on the "to do" list for later.
    The powers that be would prefer lap/diagonals as they are "safer"!!

16. woodbox

woodbox

I started out today with the fuel tank. The fastenings for this are kind of tight around the tail light mounts. I had to cut down an allen key nice and short to fit in a tight spot. After a bit of cussing it all worked out and looks the part. The belts cover up the countersunk capscrews and make it look like they are all that holds the tank on.

Once that lot was sorted I decided to finish up in the engine bay and put on the hood sides.
    The drivers side (right) needs to go on before the pitman arm attaches to the out put shaft of the steering box. Then the hood side, followed by the right header.

[​IMG]

You can see in this picture /\ /\ /\ the joiners I used on the radiator hoses to make them work.
    [​IMG]
    With the hood side on the car starts to look quite different. It is funny how you get so used to seeing the car one way for so long, then it changes and looks so different! With the hood sides and top on it looks really long.
    [​IMG]
    The car has a 120" wheel base and only just stands above the top of the rear tyres. Very long and very low.....just like I wanted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This has to be one of my favorite views
    [​IMG]
    Top quality belts from Hallensteins (menswear store).
    [​IMG]
    Check out those louvres in the hood side.

brEad likes this.
  17. linkstar69

linkstar69

18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Thats so awsome! I been speachless for a day!!

That really stretches sensitiv skin!!!

Did you built those seats from scratch? Do you have pictures of them out of the car and "naked"?

19. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Holy sheet, that changes the whole car, fantastic.

Scotty.

20. woodbox

woodbox

[​IMG]

Yes I rolled the seats up and then formed the compound corners to weld in. Pretty basic really. Trimmed the tops as a partial elipse to avoid the tops looking like they were 'leaning in' because of the shape of the body above them. there are doubler plates behind the top and bottom rows of holes to spread the load and stop flexing at the holes leading to cracking.

21. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Looking really nice. Getting really close to being all together. Ya done good!

22. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Wow! Awesome build man, I can't wait to see it finished..

23. woodbox

woodbox

Cheers guys. Going out this morning to put up signs for the show next weekend.

24. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

25. I'm getting exited! Fantastic build. I can't wait to see the sun shining on that
    pink paint!

26. This is a very inspirational build.

27. woodbox

woodbox

Thanks Langy, I kinda think so too.

I have told you not to peep in my windows!

Cheers Jimmy, I am starting to feel a bit burnt out! Two big weekends to get through yet!

28. Rckt98

Rckt98

We are coming up next weekend to visit our daughter, what a coincidence the show is on the same weekend (I had no idea dear, yeah right.)
    Looking forward to seeing the car in the flesh.
    Cheers
    Russell

29. woodbox

woodbox

You better bring some cutting compound!

Something about "an artist always signs his work".

30. Rckt98

Rckt98

Yeah, the other reason for the visit is to catch up with the painter, he hasn't spoken to me since I sent up the paint. Something about pink being a bit of a gay colour & not really wanting any part of it.