Register now to get rid of these ads!

LITTLE RICHARD Headlines 2013 VIVA LAS VEGAS Car Show ~ FREE for Car & Driver!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jun 23, 2012.

1. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

I really wish they would sell a one day pass for the car show on Friday.

I have no interest in the concert, and 60 bucks is a lot for a car show. We like the cars, but will be skipping the show this year. It used to be great fun when it was affordable. I miss the old days on the top of the Gold Coast parking lot.

B.

2. bridger

bridger

And maybe Thay could gat rid of all them shity old cars to dave ?

3. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

I like the sound of free. This may have to be the year i finally go!

4. Indeed, I wanna bring my '78 Caprice rollin on 28's bitchezzzz

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Uhhh, yep, you got me. Born in 1965.
    I'm sure he was awesome.

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I can totally see that.

7. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

If you only come on the Saturday it is $30, not $60. Put a car in the car show and it is free.

8. Also have been going since the ol' days atop the GC parking garage. Have only missed the first one in fact. This show holds a special place for us.

And, being as involved as I am with the show, watch the cars with great interest from year to year. The quality is definately on the rise over the past couple years. Better cars, and more of them, have replaced some of the Ol' Shitboxezzz that have moved on to browner pastures.

A little better every year ! Now, being free to Cars/Owners, should encourage lots of quality car owners to come out to Viva ! Way to go Tom & Alex.

Johnnie.

9. After missing the last few years, it looks like our car club is going to make it next year. Im really lloking forward to Little Richard, Dick Dale, The Bluecaps, the car show, and some good times! I hope I can get some autographs on my vintage records/magazines!! I agree with U.K. Roadster, Big Boy Bloater would be a cool add to the music line up. Axle do you want me to make a trophy for the car show?

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Chris, being as you make one of the coolest "Mid Century" looking trophies out there, We would love to have you guys hand out an award for your favorite pick. Thank you

11. axle

axle
    from Drag City

One day passes will be available for Friday ;-)

12. lonewolf52

lonewolf52

I missed Chuck Berry because I wasn't 21 and everything was 21+. I'm not missing Little Richard. It's going to be one hell of a haul from Mass in the Ford but I'll be there.

13. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks brother, Can't take any credit on that amazing line up as that expertise comes directly from Tom Ingram. Will take credit for bringing the quality of cars waaaay up though. And on the subject of quality, we want to see you bring that gorgeous Chevy out next year
    ;-) p.s. Great seeing you in Scottsdale !

14. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

I did try and book Bloater as well but his agent has a european tour planned there so he cannot come. But he is someone o look forward to at VLV17.

15. You bet Alex!

16. I will be looking forward to that!

17. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

I have never really posted pictures of my car or bikes so here they are. Starting with the car for which I got help from Axle and Limeworks. The interior by Maya and the striping and Vince Ray VLV logo were painted on by Eric "E-Dog"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are my bikes (except the vespa in the background. That is my wifes)
    [​IMG]

18. How you liking the BIG Trumpet Tom?

19. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

I love it. I use it as my daily rider. A lot of power and the bike is physically big which suits me. I changed the silencers so it sounds really good now. And it handles really well.

20. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

I agree, Axle deserves a lot of credit for improving the quality of the cars.

21. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Holy Smokes! What A Lineup! Dick Dale is one of my BIGGEST influences for my guitar playing! Not To mention all the Bitchin' Cars that will be there! I have to make it this year! Gonna try like HELL!

22. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Superb 2 wheelers Tom, What year is the burgundy ?

23. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

That is a 1956 BSA Golden Flash. The Matchless behind it is 1959.

24. BadLuck

BadLuck

Can't wait Axle.. this has always been a guaranteed good time for us, and keeps getting better every year! We will always be down to support anything you are involved with... were already booked and ready for next year :)

25. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

OK, where & how much?

I just went to the site and did not see anything?

B.

26. Glad to hear Axle is doing it again!!! Wife and I have been to several and plan on this one too!! Will get the 40 all spruced up again for the show!! We always enjoy them and really like the fact that we ALWAYS get to see many of our Friends that we only see once a year at VLV!! All plans are for heading NW from Mesa to Vegas for the show, if you have missed it in the past, DONT miss anymore!!!! You will only be sorry!! Axle has it together for these shows, bar none!!. Great entertainment, great food and MOST IMPORTANT, GREAT TIMES!! Am spending the season in Alaska flying again, but will see you there Axle! Will be back in early Oct. GOOD LUCK!!

27. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

A shameless bump, and a thanks to Axle.

With the Orleans sold out, the Gold Coast is a good alternative. The Wild Wild West is also right down the street from the Orleans.

B.

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

*UPDATE* Many of you are asking about the pre registering process.

When registering your car for next years event you must submit a photo of your car. Also, where it asks for a ticket number simply type in "FREE" .

www.vivalasvegas.net

Thanks

29. NAES

NAES

DOH! Redo time!

30. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Perfect !