Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odins701 is in the hospital with burns over most of his body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5756r, Nov 19, 2009.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU BROTHER. Just read this thread & am amazed by your will power . Stay strong my friend.
    B.B.

2. jrt49box

jrt49box

WOW is all I can say. Every time I read this thread brings another tear to my eye. You Cliff are a insperation to all victims of lifes unpleasent twist and turns. May God's healing hand continue to be with you during this long and grueling recovery. Continued prayers for you my friend.

3. odins701

odins701

Thanks! I can feel the force! ;)

4. jaxx

jaxx

prayers gone up - help coming down - jaxx

5. odins701

odins701

I would love to some how spread my story to young people, like smokey the bear, cause my accident is one that many of us have done multiple times and don't really realize how lucky it didn't happen then! If i could just save one...

6. odins701

odins701

Thanks Jaxx!

7. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Cliff,

Go to your local college or Jr college, and find out who runs the journalism classes, and or the television classes for those wanting to be a newscaster.

Those folks could write your story for you, edit it and do what ever to polish things up.

If they do a sort of news item via recording, then you'd always have the recording, from which copies could be made.

Ask them on how to distribute your message. Fire departments all over the nation would probably like to get their hands on it, so they would have a show and tell item during their October fire prevention seminars at schools.

You're off to a good start, you're wanting to spread the word.

HellRaiser

8. jazzbum

jazzbum

sorry to hear about this. don't give up buddy.

9. 117harv

117harv

What can i say that hasn't already been said? You are an inspiration to so many, here and others that have helped you along during your recovery.

10. Wow dude! I hadn't seen this thread when I was digging around earlier. Ill give ya a call tomorrow afternoon, and shoot past if ya have the time! Like I said... always good to meet more rodders!
    I am glad to see you keep fighting and are constantly getting better.
    Its inspiring to see such perseverance that's for sure.
    Later man..

11. odins701

odins701

I had a surprise visit by 46specialD today! He stopped by on his way home. Thanks 46specialD for the visit, it was nice meeting you today!

12. odins701

odins701

Dr. Murray received my x-rays / records today! Hurray! Hope to have an appointment soon.

13. pitman

pitman

No ifs about this! :D
    What you've shared with us reminds in a way few stories can.
    God Bless and looking forward to the first road tests.
    There will be time for all we need to see, do and appreciate.

14. Captain Geech

Captain Geech

15. odins701

odins701

(i just learned multi quote...lol

When that comes, i sure would like to do a cruise with as many you guys that i can! preferably in a cooler climate. :D

Thanks Captain!

16. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

You are one special guy - keep fighting

God bless

17. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

WOW Cliff I never knew about your accident. I am sorry to hear that this happened but on the good news you are making a remarkable recovery keep on fighting brother!!! We are all wanting a ride in the big block A when your done!!!

18. LZ

LZ

Cliff: OMG:eek:
    Just seen this and am speechless.
    That's one thing about the hamb. I really have grown to like the linear format, but its so easy to miss threads. Case in point this.:eek:
    So am really glad to see you are making progress and getting to play with your toy.
    I think we all have moments of some type, that we wish we would have done differently. Yours goes to the most extreme , am so sorry.
    Hey for what its worth, if it helps you out. There is this program.
    http://www.nuance.com/dragon/index.htm
    Its pretty good. Helped my Son . One word of advice though is to follow directions completely. If you take short cuts it will be more frustrating then help.
    I have thought about training on it myself just to be able to put words to text quickly.
    So best to you and family. May your operations be successful.
    Hope you get to make some events this year.
    Luke

19. odins701

odins701

Thanks Captain Scarlet! You know in my eyes you guys are the real prize here! Wow unbelievable support!

I can barely wait :D

Thanks Luke, I started with dragon at first that and a mouth poker. :D
    And I got a no hands mouse
    [​IMG]

Later I discovered windows 7 comes with speech software (free)
    As my arms started working i found i could peck with one finger, turned on "sticky keys" so i dont hold down shift, ctrl, alt ect to get those extra functions. now i just use the software to dictate something long.:)

20. LZ

LZ

Gee Cliff. Goes to show what a La-mo I am.
    Just searched through the computer here, and sure enough theirs speech recognition software.:eek:
    Have to get a mic and try it out sometime.
    Thank you
    Luke

21. S.F.

S.F.

man...I just bled off ALOT of pressure in my gas can today....we are having a heat wave in ohio and my garage got extremily hot today. wow...

22. Prayers sent for Odins701 and his family.

23. odins701

odins701

OMG my home A/C is dieing!! its almost 80 in here... I can't control my body heat... Don't know what to do!

24. Gallichio

Gallichio

25. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family odins701!! You have a great outlook on life and a second chance. Keep your head high and kepp on doing what you love and enjoy.

26. psychopathic51

psychopathic51

I know what you mean with the heat wave and gas cans. I went to mow on Wednesday and opened the building up and the so called "safety" gas can that only vents when you push the button to pour gas out looked like a huge kick ball where it was pressured up beyond belief. After reading this thread it makes me very leary of pushing the buttin when it looks like it is ready to pop from the built up pressure.

Be careful out there folks.

27. odins701

odins701

At lunch James came over and cleaned the A coil. its back together. its been 5hrs now and still 80 deg... fingers crossed (virtually) :)

28. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Any luck with the air? if it's not blowing cool air out of the vents by now have your buddy check if the compresser has a reset, just because the fan is blowing doesn't always mean the compresser is working, if the compresser is running and no cool air have someone check the freon, and check for leaks might be just low, wish I was closer, Tim Jones

29. odins701

odins701

down to 75 this morning, never got to shut off!

30. Often times the "run" capacitor is bad. There are usually 2 large capacitors inside the compressor housing. Sometimes they are combined into one can - 2 1/2" X 4" with 3 terminals on them: C = common to both fan motor & compressor. F = fan and H = compressor. These are available through many sources, but being Saturday just have someone pull one off another used unit. If the capacitance (MFD) and voltage is not exact but close it will work till you can get the right one. REMEMBER TO FLIP OFF THE 240 V BREAKER TO IT BEFOREHAND. I'M praying that someone will be able to help you today in Jesus name. Amen.
    Chuck