Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ca. Deuce 5W from '55.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alfin32, Feb 27, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Didn't think is could get much cooler.....it just did.

2. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Wow, that is amazing. 1948? If that car could talk... and thank God it didn't get street rodded in the 80s.

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Alex....... this is the coolest shot...... ever.

Attached Files:

4. Very cool! It's amazing how much history this car has, and how well it survived.

Thank's for giving us some more info and pictures on it! I'll keep an eye out in the next couple weeks... I'm sure you'll have some more shots to share once you get it home. Maybe some chassis pics? :)

You are one very lucky man!

5. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Chris Carroll owner of Antique Automotive bought this '32 from your friend. It was totally original from the fifties and was kept that way. Chris Carroll made a movie about the car with John Hildebrand a film teacher at City College in San Diego. The movie was shot around 1990 and the Sonic drive in was used along with the Over the Hill Gang car club. Also a 1956 Corvette was used in the movie and the scene was filmed at the windy back roads of the Padre dam in Santee. Brian Setzer of the Stray Cats band wanted to buy the car at Antique Automotive at Fourth Ave. but he didn't end up buying it. Instead the '32 was sold to a big car collection back east in a package deal. The movie with this '32 had some great young actors and old cars from the San Diego area and has never been released. John Hildebrand of City College in San Diego has the original film which was produced by him and Chris Carroll who owned Antique Automotive.

6. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Chris Carroll owner of Antique Automotive of San Diego bought this '32 from your friend. It was totally original from the fifties and was kept that way. Chris Carroll made a movie about the car with John Hildebrand a film teacher at City College in San Diego. The movie was shot around 1990 and the Sonic drive in was used along with the Over the Hill Gang car club. Also a 1956 Corvette was used in the movie and the scene was filmed at the windy back roads of the Padre dam in Santee, Ca. Brian Setzer of the Stray Cats band wanted to buy the car at Antique Automotive at Fourth Ave. around 1999 but he didn't end up buying it and bought a great custom and chopped 1957 Dodge from Antique Automotive. Instead the '32 was sold to a big car collection back east in a package deal. The movie with this '32 had some great young actors and old cars from the San Diego area and has never been released. John Hildebrand of City College in San Diego has the original film which was produced by him and Chris Carroll who owned Antique Automotive.

7. Chuck had great taste, have fun with that time warp.

8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Wow what a bitchin' car... That's how a '32 5 winda is supposed to look!

9. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Wow, that's amazing, is there anyway I could get a copy of the movie?
    Or some contact info on Chris, or John?

10. -Brent-

-Brent-

This car just oozes style.

11. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

John Hildebrand taught at City College in San Diego. He may still be teaching there. He had the movie's original 16mm film. He probably has it on a digital copy these days.

12. Heo2

Heo2

Looks like Volvo 444-544

13. bonesy

bonesy

I'm a loser - I missed this thread the first time around.

Congratulations on a PERFECT coupe!

14. richie rebel

richie rebel

cool as hell...........

15. Great Find! I want it!

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

He mentions on another thread that he will be selling it as his own 5 W is almost finished.

He went on to say that he might consider a trade for another body style.

17. Holy Shit man. Blown away.

18. Nobey

Nobey

Absolutely incredible. Sorry I missed this the first time around.....

19. nicksduce

nicksduce
    from indiana