Register now to get rid of these ads!

What's the Holy Grail of rare parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hester, Jan 24, 2008.

1. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I was thinking maybe a patch of covering off the Hindenburg. Lippy

2. Got one from a 36 HP VW motor that will bolt right on. Just send me the money by Western Union and I'll ship it right away from sunny Nigeria. :D

3. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

how about a 2x4 air intake for a 57 merc 368 m335. i only heard about them never seen one, kinda like a lepracaun

4. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

an Art Carr pushbutton shifter assy. for a torqueflight chrysler. to re-find my '41 willys 4dr.

saw the e.t.III's on here. i have a nice pair of 15x8.5's. any idea what they are worth?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  5. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I have been looking for Merlin V12 headers and motor mounts for decades for a V12 Vega swap , just don't see it happening, someone told me Don Hardy used to make them

6. My Holy Grail is a 3rd row seat for a 62 Bel Air wagon! (well, an affordable one)

7. scrubba

scrubba

A pair of stock seats that could fit a 50-59 Ford panel delivery truck ! scrubba

8. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

59 apache V8 hood crown without bubbles in the chrome...

9. modeleh

modeleh

The Hone-o-Drive that bolts to the front of a 9" Ford seems to be really hard to find. I have a model 300 but would love to find one for a 9".

10. careyohio

careyohio

"SNEAKY" PETE Robinson / "OHIO GEORGE" Montgomery "PRUNED" Blower...about two hundred made and shown with the shaved intake that it mounts onto.
    It's going on the GASSER PASSER.

Attached Files:

11. Torque-Tube

Torque-Tube

Not worthy of true "holy grail" status, because I'm the only guy on earth looking for one.

A red w/clear '63 Tempest steering wheel - been looking for FIFTEEN YEARS.

12. demoman021

demoman021
    from So. Minn

Chrome valve covers for a small block chevy...

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I think he traded the prototypes for some coke. Lippy

14. Normbc9

Normbc9

DO HAL OHV conversion for a Ford Banger plus the intake manifold that is a companion.
    Normbc9

15. I guess I don't understand your humor.

Have you tried to call Don Hardy and ask him about the headers?

16. I sold a factory 63 Pontiac aluminum rear center section to Randy Williams about 20 years ago. It was close to a holy grail since only about 13 factory 421 lightweight Catalina race cars ever came with them.

RIP Randy.

17. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

18. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

19. ...and that is why I do not play the concourse restoration game. Freakin' insane.

20. kscarguy

kscarguy

When is the last time anyone saw those clear plastic SBC valve covers from the 70's for sale?

21. 777

from Pasadena

LARS swap meet area this past Father's Day, they were NIB and signed by Grumpy Jenkins. I've seen three sets this year on the West Coast.

22. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

1964 Stage III Max Wedge exhaust Manifolds.

23. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Ask Titus he has em!!!

24. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I hunt and resell these parts for a living, so I have my own little list of "Bigfoot" parts for my own reasons. Here are a few;

Ford FE engine cast iron headers used (I believe) in '63 Ford
    (EDIT; IF I ever actually FIND a pair of these headers, I'll be keeping them for personal use.)
    1 year only Buick 300 V8 4V aluminum intake and heads
    1 year only Buick 300 V8 4V cast iron intake
    Buick 12" aluminum 45-fin drums (57-64)
    1964 date-stamped FoMoCo factory under-dash AC unit with Ford logo.
    Early-mid 60s Kuhlmeister under-dash AC units
    GM "deluxe" seatbelt set (complete)
    Ford/Lincoln/Mercury "gatorback" seatbelt set

Those are the parts that come to mind just off the top of my head. There are plenty more, but I know those will sell high. I know if I've got any of them I'm going to have a decent month.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  25. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Ragtop, I had one of those 64 A/C underdash units. It had the Mustang logo and a date of April 1964. The condenser coil became a 69 VW oil cooler.

26. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

LOL, OUCH! Especially with the Mustang logo! I pulled one from a 64 Galaxie about a year ago and took it completely apart, cleaned it, tested it, refinished it to look as good as it could (without re-chrome), and it sold for $560. I think I had about $26 and eight or so hours into it, so I was pretty happy with that. I won't mess with one newer than '65 though. Just doesn't sell.

I'm assuming this was a while ago? If you've still got the housing and parts I'd be interested! :D

27. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Someone I know recently found a set of these...at an antique shop of all places....and they were cheap.........:eek:

28. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I just saw a pair at the Charlotte Auto fair, physically had them in my hands. I wanted them so bad, but the guy wanted a grand. I probably could have gotten them for $6-700 as he was packing up to head home, but then I would have had to deal with the wrath of Her Majesty.

Besides, when you do what I do for a living, it's more fun to find 'em. Makes you appreciate something more to spend months or even years trying to find something, the whole time carrying around a snapshot of it in your head, then paying $24 a piece for them. But I've got a sick 390 that is most deserving of a pair. I'll find them someday.

SIDE NOTE; I actually DID find a pair once, but they were used in someone's "yard art". They had a bunch of shit welded to them, and if I remember correctly they were used as the feet of a giant leaping iron frog or some shit, made entirely of car parts. While it was uber-cool, I wanted to cry. Lol.

29. titus

titus

My buddy had a set of them, his dad scrapped em and he didnt know it, needless to say he wasnt happy!

30. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Those were only used on '63s, right?