Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Andy Griffith passed this morning at 86

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by damagedduck, Jul 3, 2012.

1. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

very sad indeed. he was a true American icon!

3. Ramblin Randy

Ramblin Randy

Andy Taylor: Well, Barney, you know we always give the truck drivers an extra five miles an hour so they can make it up Turner's Grade.
    Barney Fife: Now Andy, if you let them take thirty, they'll take thirty-five. If you let them take thirty-five, they'll take forty. If you let them take forty, they'll take forty-five. If you...
    Andy Taylor: Uh, Barn.

4. Oh man, that makes me sad. I feel like I just lost part of myself and part of our culture. One of my earliest memories was watching the Andy Griffith show. RIP Mr. Griffith.

5. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

So sad, one of my favorite shows and I was fortunate to meet both Mr Griffith and Mr Don Knotts. I ran into Don at a organic grocery store in Oxnard, Ca., in the late 80's, I introduced myself, told him what a fan I was and after a few minutes of conversation, proceeded to tell me one really filthy joke:) What a talent these two Gentlemen were and a friendship, between them, that lasted a lifetime. I'll have to throw "Barney's First Car" on the DVD player today. RIP Andy.

6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

RIP Andy. Prayers and sympathy for his family and friends. Watching an episode of "Matlock" right now.

7. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

" You know Ang, if you ride into the wind, with your mouth open and your tongue pressed aginst the roof of your mouth, you can't pronounce words with the letter "S" ". Something like that, from "Sidecar Barney".

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

9. dwaynerz

dwaynerz

10. Definately sad to hear. I loved that show growing up.

11. So glad to have lived most of my life observing iconic all-American cars, boats, planes, technologies, musicians and actors like him. How sad that so little will soon be left of such! RIP Andy. You gave us a lot of great memories.
    Chuck

12. TexasDart

TexasDart

Grew up watching Andy. My Dad was always told he looked like Andy. Yes it is a Sad day...but at least I still have my Dad.

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Being younger I could only watch it in reruns, but his show brought me to a time and place that I would love...

My first car was a '63 ford 300 like so many of the cars in the show...
    Sad day.

14. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

As a kid in the 70's, growing up in a small town, Andy and the cast of Mayberry were family, there values and morals reflected what I was taught in my home. As an adult with a family, It is even more important now. I watch the show still today. The lessons Andy teaches Opie are as relevant today as they were in 1960. I'm sure Andy knew the impact he left on this world, He will be missed, but never forgotten, The Andy griffith show has never been off the air, it will stand the test of time because it reminds us all of how good we all can be.

Godspeed Mr. Griffith
    MrC.

15. I grew up watching Andy Griffith and feel a we have lost a great pioneer of television history,the show always ended with a moral and you felt as though you always knew someone that reminded you of each character.

The show had a big impact on me mainly because I lived during those simpler times.

Thank God for reruns the show will continue for years to come. HRP

BTW,,If you have never seen "No time for Sargents" this is a must see for true Andy Griffith and Don Knotts fans.HRP

This is a clip,

http://youtu.be/noiPNDxZKk0

16. R.I.P.! his acting was always great.

17. GaryC.

GaryC.

I remember when his show came out. I was in high school and shows like his were probably the last of what I might call "innocent" times. After that everything seemed to change.

If you want to see him in a serious role, check out "A face in the crowd".
    It will change how you thought about him as an actor.

18. FEBCO

FEBCO

Andy was a great neighbor to all of us in Dare County....He was also a gear head with a very nice collection of cars, and was a regular attendee and supporter of car shows all over North Carolina....He will be missed....Fred Bear

19. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

I am saddened by this news. I watched "No Time for Sergeants" not too long ago and found it just as funny as I did when i was a kid, lo those many years ago.

Anyone remember "Adams of Eagle Lake" where he drove the old roadster pickup? Now that was a traditional ride.

He was truly a talent and will be missed.

If you ever get a chance, watch "Rustler's Rhapsody" to see Andy in a priceless role as a cattle baron. His character was totally out of whack with what you would expect from Andy, which proved his sense of humor.

20. bobscogin

bobscogin

Thanks for the memories, Andy.

Bob

21. harley man

harley man

Sad... A true american icon...Such a great actor could play any role and did.You will be missed.

22. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

23. chaddilac

chaddilac

Dang that sucks!

Time to put the Andy Griffith show on the que in Netflix!

24. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

That's too bad, he'll be missed. The Andy Griffith show is still one of the best on television nearly fifty years old. I'll have to stop by Mt Airy later this month and see if they have a memorial for Andy there.

25. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

an american icon."A face in the crowd" what a great film and a side most people never saw from andy in a dramatic role.RIP.

26. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Grew up watching Andy Griffith it was and still is one of my favorite shows, Rest in Peace Andy.

27. 62rebel

62rebel

the show that should resonate with us HAMB'er types is "Salvage One"....

he ran a salvage business and built his own round-trip moon rocket.....

no, it didn't last long, but it was pretty good for the time.

"Onionhead" is another film that is seldom remembered.

see ya on the other side, Ang.

28. Colville

Colville

Definitely an icon... Being from N.C. and having the last name Griffith myself always wondered if we were related some how... rest in peace Andy.

29. I still have a 45 record of his "What It Was, Was Football" and "Romeo & Juliet". Timeless!

One of the truest American Entertainers ever. God Bless you Andy!