Register now to get rid of these ads!

Odins701 is in the hospital with burns over most of his body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5756r, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Abone29

Abone29

Wow Cliff,I just spent over an hour re-reading this post.You truly are a miracle.I thought that after having cancer twice I was a strong guy,but after seeing what you've gone through I feel like a puss.Truly there is a plan for your life,there has to be.Never underestimate the power of prayer and positive thoughts.Many people have not survived lesser burns than you incurred.All the best to you and your family.If there is anything you need or that I can do for you,just PM me.God bless.

Glenn(Abone29)

2. odins701

odins701

Thanks man but you are no puss in my eyes! i feel wealthier than ever before! i lost my company, airplane, sailboat, tons of other stuff but i have discovered that i have a wealth of friends that surpasses all that i've earned over the years. God bless you all!

3. spiders web

spiders web

Gods speed in a full recovery.

4. robertsregal

robertsregal

Thoughts and Prayers going your way!

5. gonmad

gonmad

Amazing Cliff, simply amazing how you have pulled thru all odds, AND keep improving!!! Praise GOD for sure. Awesome to see you back on here and working on your stuff!

6. odins701

odins701

spiders web, robertsregal, and gonmad, thanks guys. i'm going to make the rest of this build my therapy

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God bless you and your family, Cliff. Boy oh boy...you're one tough cookie. Continue to do better, and best wishes with everything...esp gettin' your Model A finished!...lol.

8. odins701

odins701

Just got off the phone with Dr. Murray! 1st step, I'm going next week for x-rays and then elbow surgery!

9. gonmad

gonmad

Cliff, what kind of mobility (if any) do you have in your hands at this point? You mentioned one finger, but also starting the mower. Hopefully I'm not being too nosey, just curious with the amount of damage that was done.

10. prayers sent, good luck with the recovery process...

11. odins701

odins701

its cool. only one finger i can control to type with. i have a rag tied off on the control bar to hold to brake off and a bar to push to drive it. mostly my writs are limp, right is stronger, i can lift my hand straight against gravity but not when grasping a fork. some of the extenders where dug out from burns and infections. my left arm has calcium deposits (bone growth) in the elbow restricting range of motion down to 45deg and min. movement with fingers and right hand has 1st 2 fingers curled up and locked (gets in the dang way).

i'm still seeing nerve growth, so i convinced the surgeon to fix the elbow and fingers 1st. i want to see how much of the wrist action i can get back with new nerve growth before doing the tendon transfers (can't undo that).:D

12. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Your one tough cookie, Life is a wonderful thing. Sometimes its hard but its always better than the alternative.

Keep up the hard work and keep us all posted.

13. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

You are a very tough guy! Thank god your still here! Hope you feel better and better each day!

14. TV

TV

I have prayed for him, GOD will provide.--TV

15. odins701

odins701

xrays are done! want to see?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Partner, I don't know you, but my hat is sure off to you as probably being the most inspirational + one with the most fortitude of any person I have heard of here on the HAMB.

Reading back through some of what you have posted about your life changing event, some I can relate to, but some of the other, I can't even imagine.

So please accept my most humble wishes for a pot of gold to be at your rainbow.

Dallas aka HellRaiser

17. peterabbit

peterabbit

hope he gets better prayers sent for him and his family

18. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Cliff,
    You are not only an inspiration, but one of God's miracles! I can't tell you how happy I am to see you're not only making it, but continuing to progress!
    Hope things just keep getting better for you!

19. thehazguy

thehazguy

20. odins701

odins701

:eek: Its support like yours and so many others that make it so! Thank you!

21. odins701

odins701

Thanks Man!

22. odins701

odins701

Thanks man, i'm excited about starting surgeries! :D

23. odins701

odins701

And he sure is listening! Thank you!

24. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

This is the first time that I've read about this. I'll be praying for this man and his family. God can work miracles.

25. odins701

odins701

Thanks, Model A John!

26. beyondhelp

beyondhelp

I missed this when it was first posted, I just read through the whole thing choking back tears. Your strength is amazing. I find your positive attitude inspiring, thank you for sharing your story.

27. gonmad

gonmad

Cliff, thanks for the response. I can't imagine what you're going thru. But you are keeping your head high and not giving up it appears and that is another thing I can't imagine! Keep us updated and we'll keep praying....and God will keep providing! Blessings to you and your family buddy!
    Jimmy

28. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Ladies and Gentlemen here on the HAMB. As a follow up to all who have wished Cliff their best wishes for a recovery as best that can be had by Cliff..

I want you to take notice..how Cliff has come back on, to post his Thank You's to you for sending him well wishes.

To me this says even more about Cliff's character, of taking his time to personally thank many of you individually.

Read back thru Cliff's posts, as he describes how he must type his reply's.

Dallas aka HellRaiser

29. odins701

odins701

I'll keep them coming :D

30. odins701

odins701

Sometimes I think this finger will become bionic by the time the rest get going... lol! Ya know if the 1st two fingers weren't curled up, i could do alot more. the get in the way. I'm planning on making that my second surgery. :)