Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Effen Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EssexCoupe, Apr 14, 2012.

1. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Looks great nice car Rog. Mn.

2. Goatdave

Goatdave

You know how to get crap done my man! Keep it up. You've done more in 2 months than I have in 2 years on my car.

3. redsean

redsean

nice brother... cant wait to check it out in a few weeks. tats the grill i want for the hudson.

4. msalamanca

msalamanca

Totally agree with you one that.
    as I was reading thru the thread this AM, I was like what in the hell this dude is a machine.

Great work!!!!!!

When your done with it in the next two weeks, come to my place and help me out haha.

5. Never too many shoebox build here. Subscribed.

6. clarthepio

clarthepio

Holy moly you sure are hauling ass!

7. Looking fucking cool mate. Ur killing it. Damn that grille is neat. I'm watching this baby for sure

8. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Hey Amigos! Sorry it has been so long since I updated the thread. It has been a busy month - birthday (getting old sucks), a little vacation, and lots of work on the car. I completed the installation of my ECI front disk brakes a few weeks ago - very nice kit indeed. I am glad I ordered from ECI instead of that Fatguy place. The customer service from ECI was great!! They were back-ordered on the calipers, so I had to wait a few weeks which was no big deal. The guy I worked with at ECI called me back 2 times after I ordered - once to tell me about the back order and ance to tell me the kit had shipped out - awesome follow up. They are super nice over there. They didn't even charge me until the kit left their place. Much better than the really poor customer service I get the past 2 times I ordered from Fatguy Fab. Anyway, here are some pictures of the brakes.

Attached Files:

9. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

I also made some adjustment to the front bag mount cups to bring my frame down where it should be. Those cups ended up being only 2-2.5 inches tall to get the front height right. Ride height is 5.5 inches up frame to ground.

Attached Files:

10. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

So far I have taken the body off the frame 3 times - got it down to about 30-minutes. I am sure it will come off many more times before its all done.

Attached Files:

11. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

The Rose City Roundup was on Saturday 6/16 and we had a great time! Thanks to Jay and Zach and all the Driven Dead guys for putting on another great show!! This was the 1st year out of the past 5 where the weather was good.

I am so lucky to have a girlfriend that loves cars and bikes. We go to all these shows together. She is what keeps me motivated on all my projects. Here is a picture of my coupe in the shop getting ready for the show - and one of me and my girl at the show.

Attached Files:

12. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

I have spent the last 2 weeks channeling the body and building my floor structure. I ended up channeling the body about 4 inches. I am really stoked about how its turning out. This a really time consuming process, but I enjoyed the shit out of it. I have alot of finish work to complete, but the body is mounted down and very solid.

Attached Files:

13. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

It was great to roll this old gal outside today to get a view. With the 3 inches I took out of the lower body and the channeling, this thing sits real low. The good news is I get about 8.5 inches of lift which is plenty for me. The frame is up and clear to give plenty of room for my oil and tranny pans.

Attached Files:

14. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

A couple more..

Attached Files:

15. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

So, I ended up being in the right place at the right time for this one. I picked up a cherry 54' Desoto 7-tooth grill!!

So here is a question for my fellow Hambers - Do I use the Desoto or the Corvette grill? Any votes?

Attached Files:

16. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Desoto, for sure.

17. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

I think Desoto grille look better with mercury-style grille surround,it could look pretty goofy with stock grille surrounds.So,with OEM grille surround go with the Corvette grill,but if you modify the grille surround then its definetely the Desoto grille.

18. RockB1

RockB1
    from michigan

looks great!! do you have any photos of the floor near the rear end? just trying to get an idea of how the floor looks

19. EBW

EBW

Desoto !! Unless you want to sell to me.. then Vette all the way !!

20. redsean

redsean

Vette. and now i know why there were no 6" levels at the depot.... you got a few huh :)

21. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

22. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Thanks guys - I agree - the Desoto grill it is.

23. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Hey Finn - Good to hear from you man. I have been following your build - the Spinner is looking really good. Thanks for the update on the grill surrounds. Right now the only one I have is stock. But I may have a connection to getting one of those Mercury surrounds.

24. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Thanks man - I really appreciate it.

25. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Sean - Good to hear from you buddy. Looks like the Vette grill is not going to get the vote. Maybe I should just send that grill down to Kentucky for that bitchin' Hudson of yours!

26. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Sorry about all the quote messages - I just learned how to respond to messages - pretty cool.

27. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Thanks alot. I don't have any pics of the rear floor just yet. I will try to snap some and post those in the next couple of days.

28. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

Progress Update: CHOP SUEY!

Attached Files:

29. EssexCoupe

EssexCoupe
    from Vantucky

5-inch haircut should work fine.

Attached Files: