Register now to get rid of these ads!

Since we are so traditional here.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lippy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Wait till we bring in the goat. Yes, a real goat! :D

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Jim hush now, don't give any secrets away this is getting good.:) Lippy

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Just came across this thread and have not read any comments yet but will go back after this simple reply.

Gasoline

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wow!!!, so much said for just a simple question about the past.

5. Larry T

Larry T

Yea, except the Number 1 post was present tense, not past.

6. smautobody

smautobody

so according to some people a gasser is no gasser on alcohol.Barb Hamiltons willys is untouched from her racing days right down to the sparkplug wires. she runs on alcohol now heck i even have a drum of hers at my shop now. so according to you old blue isn't a gasser. hey next time you see her beautiful car at a event go tell her its not a gasser make sure theres lots of people around

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If you put gas in it, then it's a gasser. :eek:

8. Yea, if we were all in a bar, by now we'd all be drunk, laughing our asses off or all bruised and battered from the bar room brawl. :D

9. smautobody

smautobody

ha ha yes i'm thinking back to the dog chasing his tail post

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

.... two old bald men fighting over a hairbrush....

Move along here folks, nothing here to see.......

11. Who you callin' old?!?!

Party pooper! :D

By the way.... This doesn't change anything, the answer is still gasoline!

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Hey this is done when I say it's done!! Ok, it's done. :D:D:D .

13. Two things come to mind here:

#1 is Barb Hamilton is a girl.

#2 The her racing days could not have been that long ago if the car is still original all the way to the plug wires and they still let it on the track.

And two blind boys got up to watch . . .

15. smautobody

smautobody

after that quote I understand what i'm dealing with

16. You have no idea.

I hate to say it but I don't know anyone worth their salt that would run 40 year old plug wires on a race car and I am pretty sure that a "gasser" last run in '71 would pass tech today at least not one that is all original. If for no other reason the seat belts are out of date.

It is your quote that is questionable.

If you must make excuses for your actions maybe you should rethink your actions.

17. smautobody

smautobody

google Barb Hamilton jackass

18. I probably shouldn't get in the middle of this one, but the Jim Oddy Austin that is being restored to it's 100% original race form cannot make a pass because it won't pass today's tech.

19. And this was a question I was kind of getting at earlier. Could I really build something that will run in the 9's that will pass current tech....that is also truely period correct for 1964 (or earlier).

If I had a time machine that could extract a typical 9 second car from 1964 that was deemed safe by their standards then....would it pass tech today?

20. I was there ya dick. We chatted over sodas on at least one occaision.

Your statement that her car is still making passes just the way it left the track is just bogus, and when was the last time you held a 40 year old plug wire in your hand.

You don't have to google an experience that you have had.

The more you talk the less you know.

21. No!

If you build it to, let's say '68 rules, it will not pass tech and would not be able to make a pass.

Johnny (aka: Trouble - aka: 1933t) is restoring the Oddy Austin to be 100% correct in EVERY way. Although he's doing an outstanding job, he knows that it will/can only be a show piece.

22. Larry T

Larry T

I keep coming back to this like a moth to a flame.

No, a typical 9 second car built in the 60's (or 70's) would not pass tech today (gotta have a certified rollcage for one). BUT there is nothing in the 60's rules that would exclude the safety equipment for today, if that makes any sense.

23. smautobody

smautobody

sorry if I misled you on her still making racing passes she does not.she does make exhibition slow passes and the car is as it was 40+ years ago plug wires and all except she changed a pill and runs alcohol but according to you its not a gasser so I'm done have a nice life good luck on your racecar project

24. This is the car I'm referring to:

[​IMG]

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Right, a race car built today with today's rules would have be allowed 40 years ago...and would have prevented some guys getting banged up.
    The beauty of these cars is that the cage requirements of today don't ruin the car's appearance, unlike the FEDs of today that are not at all close to the 60's look.

26. Right!

That is why the Bizio '33 Willys pickup can still compete today because it was updated to meet todays rules.

Is it 100% correct... No, but it can still go down the track.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

DAMMIT Larry, quit hogging the kool-aid!:D

28. Quote:
    Originally Posted by Larry T
    Well, I wish we could buy high octane leaded gas out of the pump around here, but there's no way. I can remember folks selling Sunoco by the drum, but I guess that's all done now. Anyway, I won't lose any sleep running VP until they start checking the fuel at the little tracks around here.

I hope ya'll don't take my posts real seriously here. Sometimes when I get in a discussion, if someone agrees with me, I'll change sides.

I got a question that may be only slightly serious.

When I move to my retirement home out in the sticks the only fuel in my little burg from a geniune gas station/convenience store is low test. I don't happen to own a vehicle that will run on low grade pump gas.

So I am going to have to keep high test at the house as the nearest town with mid grade and high test (modern high test) is like 14 miles away.

Now here is my folish question, if I am keeping high trst in a drum at the house anyway I may as well keep race gas for the real hot rod engine to run on. If I decide to put a pump on the tanks instead of gravity feeding them wouldn't that fulfill the pump gas "gasser" rule? or do I have to buy my gas from someone else that owns a pump.

If I let the wife buy the gas and then get the gas from here will that satisfy the rule? Do I have to actually pay for it or can it be more of a sponsor thing?

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ok, serious question. Larry, I quit keeping up with what NHRA was doing when they allowed aftermarket heads into stock eliminator.:rolleyes: Does this mean that the **/Altereds in Comp are now allowed to run on alcohol? If so, its a sad day indeed, not that theres that many left.
    I remember watching the Davenport Motorsports BB/A out of Edmonton in the late '90s. Man that car was bad-ass, sad to think we will never see blown gas race motors again. Another chapter of drag-racing history closes forever.:(:( And the history revisionists dance on the ashes...

30. You cheatin' bastard. You're gonna put nitro in the pump and pass it off as pump gas! :D