Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ...attempt at Root Beer.

Attached Files:

2. one more for the road.[​IMG]

3. 48plysled

48plysled

hey guys I'm lookin for some help with showing my 48 plymouth with the chop that rot n kustom did for me in this pic. But color wise I would like to see a pic of both these two colors on it. Bumpers are goin body color too. same with steel wheels and baby moons with some whit walls. also. front end will be getting dropped so it sits level. Can some one please help me out with this. the 2nd to last pic was done by btrsweet on here. might be able to just use this one and make it easier. just remove the visor and use the rear bumper from the last pic and front bumper from the first pic. those are the ones that are goin on the car. and the exhaust ports in the last pic are where they are coming out on the car both sides quad tips. I might be askin alot on here but I know you guys are masters at this stuff and can make it happen. thanks again in advance to whoever is willing to take a crack at this.

Attached Files:

4. Macronan

Macronan

I'd like to see my car done as a late 50's mild custom with Larry Watson inspired paint. Maroon body with gold metalflake roof and scallops is my initial thought.

Attached Files:

5. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

did a quick bar grille for the lincoln

[​IMG]

6. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

tube grill goes better with the headlight buckets
    (and would be much easier to get ahold of)

Just my 2 cents

7. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

How about a toothy grill?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

9. my 2 cents:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

For me I'd go for the brown... im not sure what brown root beer is but im guessing this is somewhere near?

10. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Could somebody please lower my GMC about 5 inches, put wide whites, and paint the body dark blue, and the fenders black? Some stock hubcaps on dark blue wheels too, if you please :)

[​IMG]

11. TrioxinKustoms

TrioxinKustoms
    from Romney, WV

Nice grilles, I have the original grill but its so damned ugly.. thats why I'm wanting something new and fresh.

12. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

13. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

14. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

15. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

16. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

17. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

18. Jim J

Jim J

I'm not usually a fan of red cars (of this vintage anyway). but this looks good to me...

19. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Wow! now Im more confused than before- hahahaha! Thanks so much beebing, dudford and Btrsweet. I think I found a color I really like. It is this color my wife uses on her fingernails, so I can bring in a paint chip for matching.

Its got like a Dr Pepper brown/red kinda thing going on. like it?

Attached Files:

20. JVK54

JVK54

Please forgive my impatience..but I'd really appreciate some help here

21. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

[​IMG]

22. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Thanks fellas. Definitely food for thought there.

23. 1950 silver bullet

1950 silver bullet
    from Austin, TX

i would like to see this starlight in bright white and also in bright silver. i cant make up my mind what color to paint mine. thanks in advance. AL

Attached Files:

24. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Do you have any better images of the car? these are not that great to start with the side shot would be better if the front and back was not cut off.

25. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Two tone always looks killer on these cars. IMO

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

27. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

LOL no two tone on your OPEL I think myself it looks badass all black.

28. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

I actually like it ALL black as well...... still have a couple of little do-dads to ask you to do one of these days.....

As you can see ya got me HOOKED on this thread..... love what you do to the ideas given to you & especially the ideas you come up with.

When you get time how about a "candy apple red" paint job..... would do that IF I ever get around to painting the car "shinny"!!!!!

BTW.... heading to LA for my son's wedding..... gonna jam as much hot rod stuff into the trip as we can!!! :D

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  29. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Hey Jesse, heres a few quick photoshops. They are not very good, but hopefully they can give you an idea of what it will look like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Josh

Attached Files:

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hi gang!

I have never jumped on this thread, so I'm not sure of the correct protocol in this little corner of the H.A.M.B., but hopefully I have it right.

What I could use some help with is this, I pulled my Roadster pickup out of it's hidey hole in my shop to get some finished stuff done after all these years. I liked the length of the bed when I was looking at it in my tiny shop, but out side and back a bit it's just too long to really look good. I layed out some tape lines one set at four inches, and one set at six inches, then shot from two angles each. Could any of you guys take a bit of time and shorten the bed for me removing the tape lines? I'd really like to see what it would look like before I start to cut real steel.

Don't worry about the backgrounds or shadows or any of the perfectionist stuff, this is just a working idea. Wouls it be too much work to make the finished results black primer? If it is skip it!

Thanks, Chip Quinn

Attached Files: