Register now to get rid of these ads!

AD Pickups on S-10 Frames - What wheels are you running/fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by justnicholas, Jun 23, 2012.

1. justnicholas

justnicholas

So I have a 1950 GMC pickup on a 1987 S-10 frame and i am looking for some nice wheels. it has a 5x4.75 bolt pattern so I can't use original truck rims, but anyone running early 50's chevy 15" car rims? Any problems? Can they fit over the disc brakes up front?

Any other suggestions? or even places to buy cheap rims?

2. I'm running 49-53 15" Chevy rims. I have 2" spacers in front & a rear out of an s-10 4x4 Highrider with discs. No problems with the wheels rubbing the brake calipers.

3. justnicholas

justnicholas

Does anyone know if spacers are needed to fit around disc brakes? I have the opportunity to buy '55 wheels. And was curious if they would work.

I realize its not a traditional thing to do, but I have a custom and i like the "traditional" feel. i know I am a poser, but I am a sucker wide whites and baby moons.

4. justnicholas

justnicholas

Just realized that the original pickup rims have the same bolt pattern. Anyone use them?

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

The original pickup wheels are 6 lug! Not 5 lug like the S10.... what 55 said... those are the best looking wheels for those trucks... but I wouldn't run a 2" spacer! Yikes! that sounds dangerous!

6. justnicholas

justnicholas

Can you attach AD pickup hubcaps to 1949-53 rims?

7. They're actually 2" adapters. Otherwise the track width is too narrow.

8. justnicholas

justnicholas

Any other advice for someone wanting smoothies/steelies on an s10, but doesn't want to buy new wheels?

9. my truck has 14'' s10 wheels with 205/75/R14 wheels, truck is pretty low, I'd like to run 15'' wheels with 215/75/R15s but not sure if they will rub, wondering what size "steelies" people are running with white wall radials with very low trucks

10. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Biggest problem with S-10 frames and 48-54 Chev. P/U is the track is WAY to narrow so ya gotta run the least logical back space wheel. Any 15in. wheel will clear the brakes. BILL RINALDI

11. justnicholas

justnicholas

Hey 55, does this mean they physically rub or does it just look funny?

12. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Done three of them.

Use the standard cab/longbed frame(118") with a 4WD rear axle utilizing
    1 1/2" billet spacers front and rear. 15x7 ralley wheels fit perfect under the truck. Any 7" width wheel with a 4" backspacing works well.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Attached Files:

13. brandon

brandon

Reversed 15x8 and 15x7....2.5 back on both

14. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

This tool will allow you to adjust your rim sizes - then compensate the rubber to fit accordingly....or even to run a bit of rubber rake by shortening side wall thickness....

Professionally Killing Posts
    from my iPod touch using TJJ app...

15. sounds cool! just looking cool in the NW. and rolling proud.:D

16. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yes!

17. Gromit

Gromit

<TABLE border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD>5 X 4 3/4"</TD><TD>Make</TD><TD>Model</TD><TD>Years</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>Buick</TD><TD>Lesabre</TD><TD>77-85</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD>Regal ,Special ,RWD Century and Grand Sport ,(thru 1981), RWD Skylark (thru 1979)</TD><TD>61-85</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>Chevrolet</TD><TD>All (except those listed in other sections !!!)</TD><TD>49-86</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>Oldsmobile</TD><TD>88 (except with 403 engine)</TD><TD>77-85</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD>Cutlass ,F85 ,442 ,Jetstar 88</TD><TD>64-81</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD>Pontiac</TD><TD>Firebird ,GTO ,Lemans ,Tempest ,Trans Am ,Grand Prix</TD><TD>64-86</TD></TR><TR vAlign=center align=middle><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

18. Gromit

Gromit

Most full size Chevy cars have the same pattern as s-10.. I took a set of mags off an s-a0 and put them on a 74 Malibu. Lots of options, though Track width will be an issue I guess.

19. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Actually the larger GM platforms are usually 5" bolt circle. Midsize is 4 3/4".

20. They just look funny. Unless you run reversed wheels without spacers or adapters.

21. Here's a pic of mine. It's the only one I've got on my phone right now. I'll add a better shot later. ImageUploadedByTJJ1340775205.104703.jpg

22. justnicholas

justnicholas

I know this is probably a stupid question, but what other caps can you run on 55-56 chevy car rims? Since I have a GMC I don't want the chevy logo on the hubcaps and was wondering if there are any smoothies or hubcaps that "pop-in" that would look good on the truck.

I assume AD truck rims can't "pop in" since they have the clips.

23. Some S-10 had 14 inch wheels, so any 15 inch wheel should clear the disc brake calipers; even ones form drum brake cars like the 49-54 Chevy wheels.