Register now to get rid of these ads!

Promise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PJKeally, Jun 25, 2012.

1. PJKeally

PJKeally

Hi a few months ago I found out My brother whom I had not seen or spoken to for 15 Years had Bowel Cancer,He was at our Local Hospital for Respite{ He only lived 25mins away } anyway I visited a Number of times and renewed our Mateship n Buried Hatchet over past issues.I promised Him I would have Hot Rod built in 6 Months and take Him for Run n Burn out,But alas it was not Meant to be. Sadly He passed away Yesterday so now that Promise I made will now be Passed to His Son{ whom I also lost contact with} Many people over last 3Years have said to call when I needed Help What a Joke always too busy so My eldest Daughter and 3 Grandchildren will be Helping Keep promise.If there is a Moral to this Post {never loose touch} They always say Blood is Thicker than Water How True.Cheers Rebel Koolsville :cool::cool::cool::cool:Down under.

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a cool thing you're doing. I know it'll mean a lot to you and the family.

A long time ago, I got pissed at my family and didn't contact them for 3 years. They lived 10 miles away. I'll never forget the hurt I caused, but try to make up for it every day.

3. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

So sorry for your loss PJKeally. It's a good thing you're doing to carry it on to completion.

4. pastlane

pastlane

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Life is too short to carry a grudge.

Do your best to enjoy every day.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sympathy to you and Family, and the rest of his Family and friends. many of us have regrets for the things that we should have done and didn't. only can try to make today and tomorrow better.

6. flacoman

flacoman
    from Sunrise FL

Condolences to you and yours..
    Best line on grudges :
    " Carrying a grudge is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies"