Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheres the central AZ guys at?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SkeeterBilt, Jun 18, 2012.

1. so where are all the central and southern arizona hot rodder guys at?

i moved to sierra vista about 19 months ago from philly and ive been lookin for fellow cars guys to hang out with, go to car shows with, go to junk yards and start a lil club or group with. im in my late 20s and id like to meet other car guys no matter what age but people who are into the scene
    i heard and kinda saw that they are buildin a hot rod cafe/shop in vail some where?

2. 1954wagon

1954wagon

im in central phx

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm in the middle of the biggest city in the state, and that is basically in very middle of the state... Does that count?

4. RayMiller

RayMiller

I'm in Tucson, midtown area

5. HamD

HamD

East valley manual trans. builder OT guy checking in.

Usually too lazy to go to the nearest weekly car show unless my buddy from halfway between phx & tucson comes to visit. Then we gotta go walk around, check out the rides and get away from the wives and kids for a bit.

6. [​IMG]
    Houghton Road (exit 275)
    2 miles North of I-10
    [​IMG][​IMG]

7. I'm in Kingman does thet count?

1. Sierra Vista Car Club

Encouraging interest in and the preservation of the automobile hobby.
      sierravistacarclub.org - Cached
      Coming October 13, 2012

[​IMG]
    2. Gary 520-803-1678 (not me - the other Gary)
      <BIG><B><BIG>
      The Sierra Vista Car Club meets at the
      Golden Acres Estates Clubhouse, 3623 S Finch Circle, Sierra Vista the last Monday of each month.
      </BIG></B>

</BIG>

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  8. thanks for the responses guys!!!
    i already requested off from work for the cars in the park show but were gonna have to plan a HAMB meetup at the vail hot rod shop when it opens

9. rayray is there a good scene up in tucson? i see you about the same age as me. anything good goin on up there?

10. RayMiller

RayMiller

I'm honestly not sure what goes on any more lol, since me and my wife had our second kid I don't get out much. There's usually a car show every other weekend at little Anthony's diner and local guys meet every Wednesday at a little place called lucky wishbone and most Fridays at a Safeway. Other than that usually I'll hear of stuff a day or so before it happens. I need to get more active in it again. I think my soul has died from not cruising!

11. RayMiller

RayMiller

Hey I'm 28 btw will be 29 soon, my buddy Aaron, 62dragfalcon, is also on his early 30s and we keep trying to get some stuff rolling but people are kinda hit and miss up here.

12. squirrel

squirrel

it's freakin hot out.

Sierra Vista Car club meeting at the park this month, Monday night, 6:30, I'll be there. Not many "traditional" guys in the club...I'm about the only one...and not many young guys either....but you're welcome to stop by and say Hi and bum some ice cream.

I've been trying to get a little bit of something going on Saturday nights after the old folks go to sleep, but nothing yet this year. Last year we met up a few times at one of the old hangouts...fry and lenzner...across from the Motel 6. Sure isn't much action around here any more. I remember years ago, take you a couple of hours and a tank full of gas just to make one circuit.

13. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Hot Rods in Vail 7/11/12 5PM
    I got a tour in the place a few weeks ago. Was out in the Stude..stopped by and invited in.
    It will be Nice..
    Worth a trip to see..
    [​IMG]
    In the restaurant that looks into the shop..
    [​IMG]

14. well im just gonna say this and its gonna sound really girlie and childish but im lookin for hot rodders to do stuff with. not every weekend but maybe once a month or when a show or something cool pops up. thats why i made this silly thread. when i lived in PA i had a few buddies that we started a lil tri-state area club caled the grave shifters. im not lookin for a club so to speak again but just some guys that are my buddies. im not a poser wanna be rockabilly rolled up levis jeans dude. im a goofball and worth adding to any group of guys

15. jay id be game foor startin a lil something. i work most nights cause im a bartender at applebees (you might have even seen my sorry goofy ass or we might even know each other already) it be cool to get a group together that arnt ricers and lifted trucks hangin out at the park.
    i hear ya on the heat, i was workin on my 1950 ad chevy today and sweatin my ace off. i dont have a shop or a garge out here yet so its all outside tinkerin for me

16. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

17. outlaw256

outlaw256

squirrel, i know what you mean, man theres alot of hamb friendly cars runnin around the 2 main towns here where i live but ive never seen them but at shows. damn i want to cruise not cruz-in!!! oh sorry guys im in alabama not arizona lol

18. ed53

ed53
    from Tucson

Might be a bit of a drive for a Thursday night from S.V. but, there is a cruise in every Thursday on the southeast corner of Orange Grove and Thornydale right off the frwy at Freddy's Steak Burgers. Starts around 6 till whenever. Got around 100 cars that other week.

19. might be worth a drive up there for me, even if i do it on the motorcycle.
    thanks

20. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

Thats what you get for moving to a dinky little town thats almost south of the border!!!

If you ever make it up to Phoenix, give a shout, lots of Hambers here!

21. squirrel

squirrel

no shit!

22. RayMiller

RayMiller

I'm tryin to get back to that, I'm far from rockasilly I'm not into that scene and not into that kind of music either. Heck I listen to mainly punk rock metal and Christian music( odd combo I know) but I do love my cars and think it would be cool to get a group of like minded rodders together. Also I'm a hot rodder above all else, I know my 52 is the one I drive but my 55 is where my hart is at, I miss driving it and before summers end hope it will be back from its slumber!

23. I'm on 5 acres outside of Maricopa living with about 400 old Pontiacs, a few old drag/ski boats, awb funny car and a Top Fuel slingshot! Also a few Fords, Buicks and Olds. It's a good life. Oh, 3 dogs too!

24. well this might be true, but were not 120 degrees every day.

when you inviting us over to play? got any 57 pontiac stuff? my dad has a pretty clean 57 but needs a few lil thing

25. i like rockabilly but im not a hipster rockabilly. im into punk, some cristain hardcore like underoath. im more of a hotrod motorcycle tattooed punk. this is what im also kinda lookin for, people to meet me at the rock or rialto to see shows.
    thanks for writing back on here dude

26. RayMiller

RayMiller

I would defiantly be up for going to shows, Horton heat is coming to the Rialto soon.

27. yea, i saw him last time they were there. met jimbo the bass player after the show, he was just hangin out back. but i need to go to a good show, i need it. havnt been to a show in a few months