Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects *oldsboy*_T-sedan build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by oldsboy, Jan 11, 2011.

1. subscribed, I love these chop threads. great looking car !!!

2. oldsboy

oldsboy

Hahaha thanks for at least understanding, the wheel base does look a bit stretched from the profile shot but it does measure the same as a stock 32 frame, just an illusion.

3. oldsboy

oldsboy

Thanks for all the support too guys, I've been waiting 6 years to do this!

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Looks Bitchin dude!!!!

5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I think the word I'm looking for is bitchin!!!! Awesome man I'm so stoked for you :D

6. kram

kram

I like tall and chopped cars, variety is the spice of life. I think the chop came out really great and your car is looking dang cool!

7. Looks great oldsboy! Subscribed.

8. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

Looks great, I've been following this build for a while. You can bet I'll keep watching!

9. Koz

Koz

Sweet chop! The proportions are spot on.

10. oldsboy

oldsboy

Thanks Koz, I can't tell you how many hours I've spent staring at dry lakes cars from the 40's to get the right proportions for the T... through this build I've learned from the HAMB/ community proportions are everything.

11. Thanks alot, Oldsboy. I have way too many projects as it is, and now after reading this thread, I want to built a T sedan. I have a buddy who has a coupe and a sedan body behind his shop, and after work today, I am going over to his house and see if I can talk him out of the sedan. It's in about the same shape as the one you started with.

I was never a huge fan of the Model T buckets and the coupes, but I think the sedans are way cool.

brEad likes this.
  12. I like the direction you are headed. Keep it up!!

13. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

OH WOW.... My new favorite build!!!

14. Yah mon.

Hey, how about making it into a panel truck?

15. Oh hell yeah, thats bitchin! Nice work.

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Very nice....keep it up.

17. oldsboy

oldsboy

Glad to hear I've made some unanticipated impact. I never really thought it would turn out so well myself. I was hoping to make the T sedan somewhat more of a hot rod and less of a RR by the end of this build.

18. psycho666

psycho666
    from Wa

coming along nice. the deuce grill shell is spot on. what are you doing with the top?
    is it going to be channeled?

19. I think the best part of this car when it's done is gonna be that every time you look at it you're gonna see your dad.
    I love this thread because it makes me think about how happy I am to be building my 31 roadster with my son by my side.He's only 27 months but i've got a picture of him hanging in the garage in his walker on day 1 of my build.
    Reading the comments of some of the other posters to this thread also makes you realize the importance of leaving your kids with more then just material things after your gone. Money can be spent things can be sold but knowledge is forever.

God bless your dad. I know he's looking down at this project with a wide smile and a lot of pride.
    Keep up the good work,your T is gonna be a sweet ride when she's done.

20. I was just looking at this thread and like some others, I thought the 9" chop was too much.

I must say, now that it is done, it's great! I'm just getting started on a Model A and plan on a chop, 4 or 5" I hope it turns out as well as yours.

Great workmanship, there may be hope for this country yet.

brEad likes this.
  21. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

I can tell y'all that this thing looks way meaner in person than it does in the pictures. I was scared to be in the same garage with it.

Ryan, it looks killer. Thanks for letting be be a part of the choppage.

brEad likes this.
  22. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

go big or go home!! great build!!

23. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

Great story and inspiration albeit with some sadness. Very good work and the look is "right". I wish my dad could be here to see me start and finish the 41 pickup but as with you, since it cant be with him it will be for him. You're doing great, I cant wait to see this one finished.

brEad likes this.
  24. oldsboy

oldsboy

No its not going to be channeled.

I'm actually in the process of pulling together some material to make a removable top based on the factory design. Looks like it'll be a wood frame with some engineered fasteners to make it easily removable, yet solid when its on.

I'm motivated on building my own, not really sure why as I know they exist but...why not.

BTW, wow guys again thanks for all the replys and kind words. I'm Heading back out there this weekend to do some more patchwork on the top.

25. 1930sportscoupe

1930sportscoupe

i like the stance man!

26. oldsboy

oldsboy

Well time was on my side for another weekend which lead to some much anticipated progress.

As it stands now the chop is welded up minus the back window (pictures coming). I'm also close to wrapping up the chassis mock up. Ended up shortening the torque tube, adding in the last pieces of the frames boxing plates and made/replaced the rear center x-member plate that housed the cast '38 emergency brake bracket and added a few frame supports for the x-member.

In short lots of little things were able to be ironed out. Next steps are to add the rear shocks and c-notch the rails for the rear....then weld it up.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

28. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Great project!

29. NealinCA

NealinCA

The chassis is looking great! Keep on it...

Neal