Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Bob's Big Boy Broiler Opens In Downey!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cyclone Kevin, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey CK & Johnny Gee............hope to see ya during the LARS weekend,trying to bring the 56 over too

2. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

We'll be looking for ya Kent.

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Very cool Kent, keep us informed.

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Cruise Night Weds at the World Famous Bob's Big Boy Broiler in Kustom Land!
    Come on out and show off that Kemp and grab some grub with some members of your club! Hope to see ya there!!!!!!!

5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Happy Birthday to John Jr. aka JohnO to me and aka Cholo in the Race World.

6. Koala Kruizer

Koala Kruizer

Yes, Happy Birthday to our son JohnO.... Thanks for dinner Dew @ Chris & Pitts, and dessert at Bob's :) much appreciated.

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Check out this old Yellow Page find
    [​IMG]

9. BEAR

BEAR

kevin nice meeting you yesterday

10. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

And you as well Bear. "Great job pullin them lines!"

11. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

LARS Week Cruise night at the Broiler Wednesday, If your intown, come on down!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Meatball, nice seeing you @ LARS then coming down to the Broiler for a bite to eat and some conversation.

14. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Went to the Roadster show and stopped by the Broiler for dinner. Saw your 56 on my way out.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Cool SoCal Merc. Thanks for stopping by

16. Kevin: I lived in the Downey area in the mid 60's and do I remember correctly a drive in called Harvey's broiler? Seems it would have been on maybe Delamo blvd. I lived at Bellflower blvd and south st the way I recall. It has been 48 years ago so I could be not perfectly correct. Anyway, it was a great time to be in so. california, you guys enjoy for the rest of us! Tim

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

timwhit, is this the place you remember? If it is, then this is the same place just under the Bobs name now. It's located on Firestone Blvd just west of Paramount Blvd. Theres alot more History to it but I will let Kevin address that when he's able to be back on. [​IMG]

18. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Here it is just last Wednesday night. Photo was posted by Jeff Norwell on a differant thread [​IMG]

19. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

they have some tasty burgers!

[​IMG]

20. Johnny Gee: Sure looks like the place, wish I had some pic of it from then. Thanks for the reply! Tim

21. Congrats Mr.Gee.. Coverage of the '6 and Bob's all in one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. tHANKS FOR MAKIN ME FEEL AT HOME........HAD A GREAT TIME......SEE YA ALL SOON............

23. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Thank's Jay, to bad they didn't get the 5 in ;).

24. I know, they should've!

25. Palle ....great picture you posted and yes.... very tasty.

26. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Wednesday is here, where's Kevin? I'll look for him tonight before I put out an APB out on him. So come on down and lets all look together, at the cars I mean :p. See ya there Kevin

27. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

My club brothers and I visited the Broiler when we were out for the LARS, the place was incredible, a definite must see when your in SoCal ! I also had the opportunity to speak with Cyclone Kevin while I was there, awesome dude !

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well, here I am=Just been kinda busy, had a great time over the LARS week and we definitely did some visiting! Thanx bubba67, was great being able to chat with you at both The broiler and limeworks. Didn't even try to make it out the So Cal Open House.

I mean when we openned that place as PC3g, we met there every wednesday night got a nice little group together and chowed down on Pizza Hut Pizza or In-N-Out Burgers brought in by guys who hung out. Totally Different now!

This party starts @ 3pm and supposed to last a couple of hours, Lance Sorchic said the walk was a distance, decided to hang back @ the swap spot with Cook's Machine Works partner Paul while he cooked up some "Paul's Kickin Chicken", The grub was just a little nicer.

Palle and Jeff, great shots, Tim, thanks for the coverage, J.Fishbeck, Thanx for loading in with the 6, Kent, great seeing you at the swap,sorry that I didn't get back to the broiler on Sat, again, stayed in the swap. We'll see ya twice on your next visit.

timwhit, yes=Harvey's is Johnie's is Bob's Big Boy Broiler. We survived a partiall demolition and heck, when are you gonna make it back?

Thanx everyone for making it a great cruise night both last and the weds before.

29. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hey Kevin, Should of came down to the Airport today. We still need to get an Airport Run set up. The next car event at the Airport is the 4th Sunday of next month. We could leave from the Broiler then cuz surface streets to El Monte Airport.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  30. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Perhaps July, this may be a better month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.