Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Minnesota Back To The 50's Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 20, 2012.

1. TinShed

TinShed

I forgot my camera only had my phone and was busy with 2 little boys all weekend so I only got a few pictures.
    This was the coolest car there in my opinion!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My new bike after the swap today!
    http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr195/392Single/IMG_20120624_125850.jpg[/IM
    I also sold at the swap again this year, sold about 75% of what I brought .

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I dunno.11,000+ cars to look at...damn near perfect weather...lots of friends both old and new...every vendor for any part you could want...a great swapmeet and yet that isnt good enough.Somebody got a high visibility spot.ok,maybe 5-10 did.
    So what?
    Good cars bring the lookers and admirers wherever they are.Half the cars I see in primo spots are only a superstar car in the owners mind.
    Just my humble opinion.

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

4. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

x3 thought it was a pretty good time again.Was there all day for three days and only rained for about 2 minutes.Found an old Minnesota vacation decal and a cool norwell t shirt in Marcys booth.Bought some parts at the swap meet that i actually needed for a pretty good price.

5. The yellow Fast back?

6. sodas38

sodas38

Awesome show, was there Friday and went back Sunday morning for the swap meet. I got through it by 8:00 am and there was a line mile wide of swappers waiting to yet get in and set up. We spent 7-8 hours there Friday and didn't see everything. Wish we could a had more time. Great show even better weather. Got home to kansas and it was 102 degrees.

7. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

thanks for the pics!

8. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

It was a great weekend full of friends,and great cars. Who cares where you park?

9. Magnum Wheel Man

Magnum Wheel Man

I was there Friday, for the 1st time... all I can say is WOW!!!... I parked in the north parking lot, & went in gate 2 ( as a spectator ) & got in easily... would have loved to bring up my Nash ( there weren't very many there ) but doubt the old gal could have handled the drive in ( really need to get an electric pusher fan on it ) wife & I took the gondola ride to get a lay out, had a couple Elk burgers, ran into alot of people I knew... the wife & I are already talking about going again next year...

10. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I was there friday and saturday. By far and away the best car show i've ever been to. i took well over 1,000 pictures :D

11. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

Absolutely unbelievable! This was my first BTT50s and if I can help it I will never miss it again! Sensory overload!!! I love how cars cruise the grounds all weekend, the show feels alive. When you get too tired to take another step just pull up a chair and the cars come to you, and they just keep coming and coming. The sound of motors revving is stuck in my head like that song you heard on the way to work this morning. Best show I've ever been to, hands down, no contest.

I'll post some photos tomorrow....

12. henryj429

henryj429

We got in from the Great White North on Wednesday night. We hated to leave on Sunday. It was the first trip there for my 10 year old and he is a lifer now.

Friday and Saturday we left the hotel (in Moundsview) at about 6:15am. We came in off Larpenteur. We were parked on a main street and were eating eggs and suasage on the grounds by 7:30 each day. I have no gripes at all with MSRA for the traffic flow. I am pissed with the idiots among us who are to are too impatient to go to the end of line and drive up a few blocks and expect you top let them merge in. Worse yet are the guys who come off the side roads and pile up in the intersection while the cars in line are stopped at the red light.

By the way, the neat little Model A woodie in Seesko's photos was built by a team of hot rodders in the Brandon Manitoba area. My buddy Rob Rose did the chassis and assembly. This is a truly incredible car that needed to get out on the streets to be seen. Unfortunatley the owner had to leave on Saturday to take care of an issue at home.

See you all at the 40th.

13. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Of all the years to have a car torn apart... :(
    Spent just one day (Friday) there, doing some parts shopping and a LOT of walking. A few pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Honey, I shrunk the car!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a great day, for sure.

14. TinShed

TinShed

Yup, you buy it?

15. skiviskaves

skiviskaves

16. jazz1

jazz1

17. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Hey we,re so glad that you made it we and I say we really do appreciate every one of you, been doin this for a long time very busy week end wish I could have got to the meet and greet but lots of fires on 50,s weekend to try to put out thanks for all the kind words mean alot to every member MSRA ...Really and some of the best pictures on the net of this event thank you so much Gord

18. Speed~On

Speed~On

The 2012 Back To The 50's was GREAT. It's awesome reading the posts here from the folks that attended for the first time. It's shocking the first time you go as you can't believe your eyes. It truley is an amazing event...."event" is the only way to describe it! It's a 3 day Hot Rod Marathon! Walking around the fairgrounds and seeing countless beautiful Merc lead sleds and real steel 1932 Ford Coupes is amazing. They are rare, but not at BTT50's.

Coop the pinstriper painted Speed-On on the dash of my Model A and it looks great! The weather, the people, the cars, the smell of race gas and exhaust, the thumping of cams....ahh that damn show has a life all it's own.

Here is a short slide show of photos I took this year. I wanted to take more photos but the wife and little one was with me so my hands were full all weekend. The video is nothing special but oh well. This is a SMALL fraction of what was there...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJfri8jCpu0&list=HL1340764304&feature=mh_lolz

If you have not attended, it's something you must do atleast once. But once you do....you'll be back!

19. henryj429

henryj429

20. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

21. jjrodder

jjrodder

A message from the founder of MSRA, Jerry Johnson Life Member #1.... THANK YOU to all who attended the Back to the 50's this year. It was unreal... more than 11, 700 pre '64 cars FILLED the fairgrounds, making the BTT50's the largest 3-day car show in the world bar-none. If you have never been to the event make plans now to attend the 40th next year. It will be special to say the least. Again, THANK YOU to all who attended. JJ

22. was that courtney hanson? wowsa

23. Dave_Lantto

Dave_Lantto

24. Bull

Bull