Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 34 Ford Tudor project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345winder, Jun 23, 2012.

1. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

(for updates,please go to last page,thanks for looking!)

picked this up a couple months ago, but couldnt bring it home till last night.,.. spent the day stripping off the white rattlecan paint job,,, then bolted on the set of wheels and tires i have been saving up for it...

plans? ..TRADITIONAL! thanks for looking..
    (as found in a missouri barn in april 2012)
    [​IMG]

at home, white paint off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33 i built and sold last year,, going for this vibe, but hoping to take what i learned of building it and make it even better...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. 117harv

117harv

Looks like it's in good hands...nice score.

3. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

If you think there is room for improvement on the coupe then I am excited to see the end result of the tudor!

4. Looks like a good solid start. Sounds like a good plan also.

5. stick to the 33-program.

looks like your gonna do just fine.
    cant wait to see the progress.

6. Hey Winder, nice project!

I really love that coupe too...what kind of paint is on that bad boy?

7. I loved your old car and will surely love where your going with this one.

I also have a '34 Tudor that is inline to get done after my deuce. So, I'll be watching this thread for ideas and inspiration.

8. servi53

servi53

very cool project, dig it

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Looks like you have the right plan to follow what you did with that great 5 window coupe!

10. Avgas

Avgas

What a solid start for a family truckster! Way kool koop too!

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

what are the tire sizes front and rear?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

off to a great start. Good luck. Already has a cool stance and vibe. I too can see it........

13. shovelheadjim

shovelheadjim

looks to be pretty solid, nice project. good luck.

14. 343w

343w

Looks like a great start, keep us involved!

15. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

4.50 x 17 fronts and 7.50 x 17 rear

16. 3banjos

3banjos
    from NZ

Nice choice of project to move on to. This model tudor would be one of only a handful that look just fine unchopped. Pity the coupe left, they look good side-by-side. Will enjoy the updates.

Attached Files:

• 34x2.jpg
      34x2.jpg
      File size:
      332.3 KB
      Views:
  17. I'm very jealous. A '33/'34 Sedan is on my "must have" bucket list. If your sedan turns out as nice as the coupe did, it's going to be a beauty. Can't wait to see the progress.

18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Good for you man, I know the 33 was a forced sale for your family.. I know you will do this 34 justice!! Go man go!

19. good score. looking forward to seeing how this build turns out.

20. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks bro,,, yeah,, i really had to do something ,,and i knew it wasnt the end of the world at the time,,but i had to do what i had to do ,and would bounce back...

ok,, i should probably explain this pic???? cuz WTF! hahaha

it's not as bad as it looks,,,i wanted to do everything i could to keep a a stock apearing firewall..i love the XXX's & V V 's so i cut it out and will be sliding it back about an inch and a quarter,plus it makes acessing the trans saddle i had to trim out so much easier in the mean time...,if i have to recess the gas pedle area i might do that to,,but i dont think i have to,,,,,

[​IMG]

21. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I have confidence this thing will be a damn nice car when you're done.. Please keep posting updates!

Malcolm

22. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

love me some 33-34 tudors.you got me watchin'.

23. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

If your coupe is any indication of the way the sedan is heading I'm all eyes... good luck with your build!

24. RichtersRodz

RichtersRodz

Very cool... Both of them.. That Tri-5 looks nice back there too.. ;)

25. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

have been braving the heat the past few days to get a lil progress in,
    i boxed the front section of of the frame partially , i figured since the frame is 78 years old it could probably use a lil help,( i bet Boyd is looking down smiling,;))

mounted the 46 ford front shocks,,just tacked the firewall to start mocking up engine fitament,(the firewall will come back out as i'm pretty sure i wil have to recess dist area a bit and it will make acess to mounting the 40 ford pedals alot easier.)

i had this old block laying around ive been tripping over for the past couple years..,so i figured id use it as mock up untill i get my engine for it,,,with wherer the motor is sitting now, the fan clears the crossmember and i'm pretty sure i wont have to split the bones,,

when i bought this a couple months back my original plan was to chop it and pull the frame of the body ,blast everything etc... but since getting it home , i am going to see if i can just get it roadworthy and MAYBE get to drive it to a show or too before winter...then maybe chop it over winter.

i know some are thinking 'oh great, he's putting a chevy in it and boxing the frame!" ,well, it will be running a hood and i will dress up the chevy like a 50's 283.. i really like the 40's style traditional look,and i love a flathead ,, but i want this car to be something i can get in and drive where ever i want and not have to worry about breaking down and if i do ,wont have a problem finding a part.( i know alot of people will argue with me about that, but i have been there already).oh yeah, i'm running a nv3500 5 speed behind it,, it top loads and the shifter is in the right place,, they are not a close ratio performance trans, but GM put them behind V8's in all there 1/2 pickups in the 90's and hold up well..still undecided if i will keep the banjo under it or maybe a 9"....with that being said, other than whats under the hood, i want that pure 40's style look to it,,,so exterinally its gonna still have the look...

sorry for the blurry pics,, i guess i've had to much coffee this morning,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Nice looking project. I'm subscribed. Go traditional, with a 50's OHV engine, 5 sp trans, chop, split wishbones = very cool.

27. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

...so since i mocked it up.needed to now make some mounts...

i'm running a hurst style mount,so needed to make some mounts,,,

busted out the cardboard

[​IMG]

took some 1/4 flat plate and cut out patterns with my cut off wheel

[​IMG]

welded them up...maybe a lil over kill but you wont see them,,,(see next pic)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ok, this is were it sits tonight..i still have to fab up a trans mount..but since this is an original never hotrodded 34 chassis,,the stock trans saddle doesnt unbolt,,so...i dont see any point making the trans support at the tailshaft unbolt,,so maybe fab that up tommorow..???
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  28. Subscribed. Model 40s are my favorite in any body style. I know Larry asked the sizes (thanks Larry.) What brand are the tires?

29. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Excelsior fronts and BF goodrich silvertowns rear.

30. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i havent worked on the 34 much,,,me and my wife went on a long overdue vacation,,got back last night,,so today decided to make sure my radiator was in the right spot before i buttoned up the motor mount/trans mounts,. so i mounted the grille and the cherry original paint hood i found on FordBarn.com a few months back...had to do a lil adjusting here and there,but it fits and the radiator still has fan clearance..so now i can finish up the trans mount....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012