Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My first real 33 ford Coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by SCOTT GILLEN, Mar 13, 2012.

1. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Funny this started outs as a street rod for fun and then just grew, we took all the great stuff I had for another car and put in on this one. The car is turning out nice and am very happy with the build so far....Thanks very much

Scott

2. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i love the amount of 33-34s being built on the HAMB now (including mine). All quite traditionally minded, and with an incredible amount of variety. just goes to show how creative you can be and still get it 'right.'

3. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Todays pictures of the car, Kinmonts are a bitch had to get the axle flange out in front of the plate so it could all flush out. Got the Franklin overdrive in and all done. Making one off wheels for the car with knock off.'s....Had to take the radiator back off so it could have the lower hose mount change because the front cross member was dropped to get the car down. Very close to paint.....

Scott

4. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Sorry thats the other car.....

Todays pictures of the car, Kinmonts are a bitch had to get the axle flange out in front of the plate so it could all flush out. Got the Franklin overdrive in and all done. Making one off wheels for the car with knock off.'s....Had to take the radiator back off so it could have the lower hose mount change because the front cross member was dropped to get the car down. Very close to paint.....

Scott

5. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Here we go again.....

6. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

And some more.....

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Scott,
    That is one baddass 33 3 window. let me get this straight, You started with a almost perfect car, dropped in a ardurn, with a scott blower, a set of kinmonts, hali rearend, etc. Geezz! what do you do for a living??...LOL

8. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Yup that pretty much sums it up.....see you at the GNRS.....

9. This thing done yet???

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Give him a break cactus, whattaya think he's made of money or something? :D

Rendering looks cool, can't wait to see it all finished.

11. brady1929

brady1929

12. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

kinmont brakes!drool!

13. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Not done yet, it seems to take so much time to build this stuff.........but then again when your building the best, it does take time......

Scott

14. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Thats bad ass. Looks like big $$ work going on there. Must be nice to be a gazillionaire.

15. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Not big money just big time, I work hard for the money and need to spend it all before i die.......Gotta build big.

Scott

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's gotta be awkward every time we say "you must be rich!!". We're just kidding with ya, while there are all big money parts being fastened to this car the most important thing is that you're doing it with Taste and that my friend costs nothing yet is more important then any single part. Most of the time a car can be too much with the best of the best thrown at it but I really like where this one's going. It's not mine so my opinion doesn't matter but if I were building it I'd do just as you are only I'd run a simple set of 16" ford steelies instead of the knock offs since I think it would be a bit more understated but I understand your want to go big and wheels can be changed later if you go another route.

Great work so far. I really love the engine but who wouldn't?

17. 117harv

117harv

The coupe is looking good, great work throughout. I'm sure you have your reasons for using all the parts you have, however i think with the brakes being used as well as the car they are on I would have thought you would have used origonal spindles, wishbones and dropped axle? Regaurdless, the coupe is coming along nicely:)

18. 28chevrat

28chevrat

I dig this man. Cool ass shit. Finished my 31 A I'm looking for one of these next......

19. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I would love to have done that, the car has taken some direction changes and I am working on the front end. The drop is the issue as I want the rear tires to line up with the front and the after market axle is the only way to go. I have set the car low and want the rear and the front tires to line up and stay tight to the body. I think the look is great and wish I could find a better way to get what I want and stay all "Ford" but this is always the issue. The brakes also are hard to find parts for and being that I am doing wheels and Knock off's just makes the whole thing much harder. I want a look and I see I have to compromise on some stuff. I was just gonna run steel wheels but the car seems to call for better than that and thats why the one off's are being cut. Thanks for the thoughts, I have allot of time in this one.....

Scott

20. Master of None

Master of None

I have allot of time in this one.....

Scott[/QUOTE]

And it shows.... Its already a mean looking car.:)

21. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

As for the Money shit that gets sent out, I don't mind, I am used to it....I am glad the this thread has gotten the respect that is due based on the work that has been done. Its cool that the haters have not come out, I appreciate the comments on the car. I am definitely designing the car to fit what I want and not the trend that is out there, or whats been done so many time before. I like working with Rudy and the fact that he gives me the room to change my mind and do the the changes, that I ask. I am very happy with the car and just want to get it done and drive it.....

Scott

22. Scott
    i have seen this cars build progress in a few visits to Rudys. Your coupe is amazing . There is so much that the photos cant do justice.
    Cant wait to hear that thing run and see it be driven. Get Fired Up..
    ...p.s.
    Great job Rude Dog.

ak

23. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Got the new Grill and Radiator.....

24. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I think Im in love ... Sucha cool coupe ! Great work!

25. Man, this car will be timeless cool. Well done Scott for designing & building your rod for you. Any more updates on the bad coupe?

26. 68wagon

68wagon

very nice looking forward to seeing it finished

27. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D That is an outstanding build.Droollllllllllllllllllllllllllll !!!!
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

28. Wow..........I'm speechless.

29. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Sweet ride man.

30. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Thank you very much.......It ant easy but it might be pretty cool.