Register now to get rid of these ads!

2012 Minnesota Back To The 50's Weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Speed~On, May 20, 2012.

1. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Got mine about 2:30 today, traffic sucked.

2. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

I picked mine up at about 10 o'clock this morning. Traffic was light, I was in and out in about 15 minutes

3. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

just got back home, it was not too bad, a little hard to find a parking spot, new place this year with construction in the area too.
    is there a official meeting time on Sat?

4. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

great weather!

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

What a great day!! This morning my father and I went to the Mermaid and picked up the registration for each of our cars. We were there at 10:00 AM. We walked right in as there was no line for us. We were out of the banquate room within 5 minutes. Then we walked around the parking lot looking at cars.

Tonight we took our hot rods to a local cruise-in at a sweet old drive-in located in Mound off of Lake Minnetonka and had a blast. There were plenty of cars there many of which will be at the 50's this weekend. The weather has been great, sunny skies and temps at about 79 with a light breese. Well, it's off to bed as we will be up before the roosters so we can get in line at the fairgrounds.
    I have some photos and intend on taking a lot this weekend. I'll try and get them up.

-Speedon

6. So did anyone plan a meat and greet!>?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Dad and bro are there, just trying to get info to them.

7. Just a FYI, the Hamline Church hall is still open for Biz, my wife worked the food line again this year on friday, said it was lots of fun.

8. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Spent a couple hours solving world problems with HAMB'ers Reverborama and turbostude.
    Shade....a lawn chair...a parade of cars...life is good

9. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Had a great day at the fairgrounds looking at a bunch of Model A coupes. There was even a couple of 'em parked by the DNR building with the HAMB logo displayed...

10. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I overheated waiting in line to get in but the rest of the day was great. Hopefully tomorrow traffic isn't completely stopped for a half hour...

11. Good luck with that Saturday is way worse : )

12. Today was nuts! The north parking lot was full at 11am. Saw lots of cool stuff.

13. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, Tman;

I didn't see the time posted for the HAMB Meet'n'Greet, so's how-about... ~ 3:30-ish on Sat afternoon?

Other guys asking location: At the usual place; behind the Morton bldg, near the hill. This year they had some maintenance trucks/etc, there, but should be enough room for folks. If it rains, we invade the Morton bldg. Seemed ok last year... :D .

Hey, paperdog: if this changes, or a better time is decided upon, please call me on the cell.

TIA.

Marcus...

14. ranchero rick

ranchero rick
    from Minnesota

Wrong info by the MSRA AGAIN this year. Map in information packet stating clearly that ONLY gates on Larpenter and Snelling would be used for entry. Result- 1 hour plus wait. Gate on Como was open. Commonwealth gate was letting in participants also. Few knew about it tho. Inside info?????? And another thing. Ever wonder about those really good parking spots? In the past I worked early gate shift starting at 4 AM. To my surprise, there were dozens, maybe hundreds of cars on the grounds when I arrived. Special people and their friends? NICE...for them. I know some of these volunteers put in lots and lots of hard work. But not that many should be able to leave their cars there. For your info, I volunteer every year, some years 3 shifts. Still the best show on earth.

15. 37flathead

37flathead
    from Wiscosin

Missed it last year (daughter got married). She redeemed herself, Bought me tickets for this year. Never been to the swap. Any late 30's Ford stuff? See you there. Bruce

16. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I cruised right in this morning at the main gate...

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Como gate is not open until 8AM. They didn't even let us WALK through the past two mornings.

great day today. What a crowd of great cars and interesting folks.

18. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I have never been there on sunday . do you guys thinks there will be some cars to see still?

19. weezin355

weezin355
    from MN

There will be plenty of cars there on sunday, weather is looking good. Plus it is worth it for the swap meet alone, the last tally i heard was up to 400+ swappers. All sorts of things show up at this one.

20. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Thank you!:)

21. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

Missed it again for the second year in a row...how has the weather been all weekend?

22. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Pretty good . Tomorrow is suppose to be nice! Sorry you couldnt make it. I missed friday and today! But going to tomorrow .

23. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I will be out there tomorrow not with my 53 tho. Any hamb guys gonna meet up?

24. jdrew

jdrew

I was drooling over the hot dog truck Friday....real nice work!

25. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

feel free to post pics from the show........

26. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Here ya go

Attached Files:

27. One of the best BTT 50s yet. Great weather, LOTS of people, Swap meet was big. Great time.

28. Great weekend awesome cars

Attached Files:

29. a few more:)

Attached Files:

30. TinShed

TinShed

I often wondered also till Friday afternoon. I was told buy a guy who always parks in the same spot on a prime road every year it is who you know. He gets a pass to get in early because he is in the know. I think it sux but...