Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ----------)Friday Art Show 06/22/2012(----------

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jdustu, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Nice stuff as always, Ken. I still can't get over how weird that 36 Plymouth is. But your shot of it is great. The bottom 34 Ford Pickup really gets around. I will have a shot of it from Lone Star next week.

2. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

Thanks Dan. That's humbling coming from someone whose work I really admire.

3. Bo I dig everything you do but this one is one of my favorites...stellar work!

4. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Thanks so much G-Kat. I sincerely appreciate your compliment. They are hanging in quite a few people's houses and shops.

Thanks also Johnny, Ken and everyone else.

Outstanding submissions this week - I wish I had the time to quote it all.

5. britt8m, johnny jalopy, Chadillac, ncjamey, and 4t64rd...killer stuff!

6. edweird

edweird

something from me.

Attached Files:

7. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

Hey Gyronaut, Thought you'd be interested in this historical streamliner dragster. Wonder if Ed "Big Daddy" Roth ever saw those Alex Tremulis calculations when he built his "Yellow Fang"?

Attached Files:

8. Bo, you crank a big throw each week pal. XLNT.
    Roth's 'Yellow Fang' came down under for 'DRAGFEST' '66. I wonder what the local crowd thought of it? ( I was only 4, and the race was over in Sydney).

Good stuff Dan Greenberg, kenmo- and thank you ..

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  9. sambo

sambo

wheeee!

10. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

A few from this week

Attached Files:

11. gyronaut

gyronaut

Bo, No doubt they all scooped each other enough to create an "aero" dragster movement. At some point it looks like everyone tried it.

Here's another of Alex's.

Below that is the Logghe Stamping (Marsh-Steffey-Rupp) aero dragster driven by Maynard Rupp. It ran 180, just OK...

Below that is a photo of Bob Leppan's last day with his first streamliner at the dragstrip with (l-r) Alex Tremulis, Maynard Rupp, Bob Leppan, Roy Steffey, and unkown(?) during its last exhibition run. Logghe would build the Gyronaut shortly afterwards in one week. Rupp designed and built its pneumatic retractable landing gear.

Even though these guys ran 1/4 mile at a time, they all seemed to run around in very small circles where everyone knew everyone else...

No matter how you look at each of them, whether they were drawing, welding/building or driving, they each were truly artists in their own right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  12. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

Thanks so much for all the kind words, I really appreciate it!!!

Another killer show. The usuals are dope as always, and the "weirdos" by Varin Maeus are way fun!

13. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Logghe Stamping, 1964 Nationals indianapolis.

[​IMG]

14. Thanks Gyronaut, Tom Davidson & Toyghoul for cool posts.

^ Did that beautiful red rail go 180 with mouse mill? Is it Steve Swaja bodywork? Interesting..
    The tricycle digger- did it ever happen?

Late tweaks;

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  15. inkblots55

inkblots55
    from New York

I'm always in awe of the creativity on this site. I humbly submit one of my first airbrushed lettering attempts.
    [​IMG]

16. GaryC.

GaryC.

...and look what ran at Le Mans this year.
    Gyronaut; you'll like this one.

Attached Files:

17. Well deserved Josh!

I agree Bo, this one is special. I'm keeping my eyes on you pal!

Great show everyone! So many great pieces this week!

Well my MacBook gave up the ghost and it's Graphics card spewed it's oats so,
    until I get a paint program for my new Mac, it's reruns... I'll begin with some celestial bodies from the blue oval's past...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. gyronaut

gyronaut

[​IMG]

Half a century later, the single-tail, open wheeled version does bear a resemblance, but their video of its unveiling (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpjmqc_unveiling-the-nissan-deltawing-fuel-efficient-race-car_auto) is word-for-word Alex Tremulis' philosophy.

Every week I see the art posted here and every week I go away thinking "I want one of THOSE". Until the next week comes and I do it all over again. Well, there's no doubt that the artwork coming from these pages is influencing the designers of tomorrow and the absolutely creative images you guys are making today will someday get incorporated into somebody's real life dream (whether its a car, sculpture, surf board, tiki, photo, shift knob, T-shirt, etc...). There's cutting edge art right here. Sure, it may take 50 years for it to happen, but if I had the talent, I'd be building at least one a week and looking forward to the next week. THANK YOU all, always inspiring!

19. stinsonart

stinsonart

Just a WIP for my 2012 Woodward Cruise shirt.
    GREAT show, everyone!

Josh- Phenomenal work...and and an heirloom that will be passed down through the ages!!!

Keven- Extraordinary work! And very classy and timeless. Those are probably all sold as I'm writing this!!!

[​IMG]

20. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Nice to see a newbie airbrusher. I'm just getting the hang myself and just finished planning my first real small project, hopefully start work on it today. Inspiring stuff.

Great show as ever:cool:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  21. Badillac56

Badillac56

REALLY cool man, I like them a lot!

22. Psychoholic

Psychoholic

Pinstriped my helmet for my new bike

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

you pin-striper guys are really, really good.
    And, Chad, I always love your stuff....long before I discovered the HAMB.

24. This is going to be way cool. I have a up in the air '57 Pontiac Star Chief sketch, but not as radical. Of course I have a note "work on", I have to remind myself.:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

25. I think they're both looking pretty good. Love that '56 Bill, can't wait to see it all done!

Here's one of mine in progress as well...

[​IMG]

and a re-pop of one done:

[​IMG]

26. if that ends up with cragars and painted blue & white..........let me know:rolleyes: BITCHIN

27. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Enjoyed seeing this art piece very much. I was able to view the actual car at the Porsche Museum in Germany a few years ago. Bravo!

Attached Files:

28. Funny Meatball mentions blue and white 'cause here is the version of the Safari I was going to post but couldn't find earlier:

[​IMG]

29. An encouraging & positive comment. The 'icing' on top of the great Alex Tremulis posts you've graciously shown us lately. . .:)
    This place has the feel of a gallery show each week, convivial..

p.s; Sneaking in a late one, hot off the main board;http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=710165

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012