Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy Inline Six CUSTOM INTAKES

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klutchmaster427, Jun 18, 2012.

1. in2deep

in2deep

1955 235 six

Attached Files:

2. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

I've been collecting pics of supercharged stovebolts for awhile now as I'm hoping to build one in the future. That's possibly the cleanest looking SC intake I've seen on an inline as of yet!

3. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here are few to look at.
    Normbc9

Attached Files:

4. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

Is that a GM V-6 supercharger?

5. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Yea. Looks like an eaton m62 off a GM 3800. Pretty easy to find. And cheap.

6. in2deep

in2deep

Actually it's a Magnuson MP90 Generation 4. Very nice helical rotor roots style supercharger.

Attached Files:

7. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Oh nice, I'll have to look into those. Looks a lot like an eaton.

8. Bonehead II

Bonehead II

Here's mine..Took the runners off of one intake and then made a big box..works great.

Attached Files:

9. How does it run? Looks like a well engineered setup. What are the specifics of the engine build, including but not limited to, cylinder head, rotating assembly and cam?

10. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Looks nice! did you fab up the whole linkage and cable bracket?

11. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

To those of you who have done this or know how, what difference does the volume of the overall intake make vs the total cfm of the carbs? And if it is crucial to get it close to some value, how should it be calculated?

Also, one a pretty much stock engine with nothing more than maybe some headers and a dual or triple intake, does the physical design of the intake (round vs square corners, short vs tall, etc) make a big difference in the performace? Do certain configurations provide more torque than top end and visa versa or ???

12. I am unsure of posting this because A)- it's basically a stock manifold
    B)- it's not a Chevy, it's a Holden (aussie), which is a 138 cu. in. GM six. I'm not sure how relevant this is to Chevy sixes, thought shape may interest OP, but disregard post if you must fellas.
    This should still yeild around 100 mph with headers, mild cam & double valve springs. I've heard of at least one stock engine doing 100 with this manifold. Jetting the little Stromberg will be a key to the performance balance I suppose. Not renowned for torque, but rev out well. I want street economy & drivability. I won't be going 100 in this old crate.:D
    I've cleaned off this manifold of casting lines etc. and hogged out the heater box some in order to show off the headers & improve appearence. The port surfaces are un- touched. The headers approximate the shape shown here & provide a nice flow efficiency .
    Dave Bennet is known down here is a whiz at setting up intakes for street drivability.
    http://www.yellaterra.com.au/support/faqs.cfm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  13. 292belair

292belair

[​IMG]this is one the dirt boys down east run, it works purty good on my old 292![​IMG]

1963hoopty likes this.
  14. 292belair, hows the low torque on that set-up?

15. 292belair

292belair

that's the weakest point spog, but this engine has enuf torque to pull you through. it pulls awful good down the backstretch at charlotte every october at good guys. i like to hear a hotwaterhalfdozen bellow! lol!

16. Thanks. Hot looking set-up all round.

17. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

292, love that high rise. Might take a similar approach when i get around to mine. Looks nice!

18. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

My 50´Fleetline.. blown with a Eaton 90....

Attached Files:

19. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Did you use the stock intake runners on that one or do they just look similar?
    nice work!

20. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

Yep! Stock lower part of original 250 intake. Reworked top & sides + dividers for more even distribution.Removed exhaust heater pockets, and changed direct on this part with a "directional bump", and spacing to the exhaust manifold.. On a supercharged, the plenum size dont matter anyway.... but drivin the first testing just open "bypass" without belt on the charger, it had more torque than original..... Perhaps just because my bypass is approx. 1.75" width (longer "runner",more torque...) Front top part also got cooling channels (pipes in directional fin shape)to use water to air cooling.

21. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Well this is definitely going into my collection of blown inlines information for when I get around to mine! Very nice work.

22. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

Be pleased! Function great with the M90! Setup is now 4psi, but new charger pulley in mail now, aiming for 6psi. Quite low boost, but this aint no car for the race, its a cruiser! Pistons are the weakest point in these engines, and my funds was not up to it yet.....should been forged to have higher boost.
    Engine is setup with a Holley 2bbl 500cfm, water/meth injection, mechanical/vacuum loaded bypass, 6-rib belt with just an extra pulley on the balancer. It was mostly done for the fun 6 show, and to shake all heads of the people who said on these engine, cant do it!
    Custommade emblems with "Supercharged 6" says it all!

Here you got some more, even if its from the not finished install..

Attached Files:

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thank you , I alway like the way the jag and other eroupean 6 cylinder looked with side drafts on a 6 so I kinda modeled it after them and it's was also what I had to work with so it just all Kinda came together when I started building it ,

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Attached Files:

25. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Thanks for the extra pics! love that setup.

26. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

Takin this to the top again. Gotta be some more custom inline intakes out there! Lets see whatcha got!

27. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Some of the ones I've built:

[​IMG]
    the one T RANTULA posted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. boucher racing

boucher racing
    from nashville

DAMN! Hail to the inline King! Nice Work

29. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here is a 2x2 intake i made for a chevy 230 6 cylinder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Normbc9

Normbc9

Here are a few. The box looking one is on a 4200 from Glen Self in Oklahoma.
    I see one with five two throat Stromberg 94's on it here on occasion too.
    Normbc9

Attached Files: