Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. SICBOY

SICBOY

Man this really suck's a#@!!! I went through some crap luck this two year's ago on my truck, got a lawyer sued the shop, My lawyer told the juge he want's to make sure this shop doesn't touch another vechicle again, Drove by the shop 2 week's later and they were shut down,Got the bar involed also:cool: good luck with it

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Blake... there won't be any problems!!! This is the reason everyone has directed you torwards El Polacko! :)

3. Blake84

Blake84

just finished my complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as Bureau of Automotive Repair. we will see what happens. I gave the shop a fair chance to give me back my money (less than half) and they have been not cooperating with me so here we go.......

4. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

get there ass man ! that work was absolutely unexplainable. you deserve a complete refund

5. Blake84

Blake84

I will....just finsihed with los Angeles county Consumer Affairs :D

6. ronotron

ronotron

I was always taught to always do something right te first time. That way you will only ever need to do it once... Usually works out cheaper in the long run too.

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I wanted to mention Starlite, but i didnt want it to look like i was trying to get over ELP.
    But since you said it, i think it is your better option. I mean, ElP does incredible work, and nobody would argue with that, but so does Starlite, and theyre local, and adjustable suspension IS their thing, not the only one, but.... And they are awsome guys.
    They sent me all of their open house posters and never wanted anything for them.
    I think you spent nuff already and every spare penny is a penny that can go into filling the tank.....
    this said, good luck.

8. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Good to see this thing is getting fixed. Sorry you had to deal with all the bullshit.

9. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Wow. What a sad story. Glad to hear it working out, sort of.

One question for you though.

You claim that you want to be close to the shop that does the work for whatever reason. As much as I want to, I can't wrap my head around that idea. If the suspension is designed and installed properly, who cares how far away it was done? You'll never have to deal with it again. That's the goal right?

If your chosing a shop based on location more than quality, then to me, you are planning on having to take it back to the shop for something.

10. front bag angle is not the bees knees.

11. Blake84

Blake84

It is a few reasons and I have not chosen which route to go.
    1) shipping to AZ would make the cost go up atleast another 500-600 round trip and im not made of tons of cash

2) in the event something did happen. it would be nice to have a shop that is near vs 8 hours away.

3)i did check out starlite and really liked the work I saw and after talking with people they do come highly recommended.

I would love to have el polocko do the front suspension and still may go that route. I am looking at all cost involved etc. I just filed the law suit today small claims $9000 suit. If I collect the money then cost would not really weigh in as much as if i am coming out of pocket. I would like to go with the dakota set up and like I said still may go that route. I just have to figure out how this situation is going to unfold.

I will keep this forum updated with the result of everything as far as court date etc.

12. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

If the suspension is designed and installed properly, who cares how far away it was done? You'll never have to deal with it again. That's the goal right?

^^^Agreed. the multiple trips back and forth of 1.5 hours added up. would have been worth it to drive say 6 hours each way ONCE and had it done right. but thats all hindsight. if this shop would have done the work correctly it wouldnt matter. either way its a lesson learned, the truck will be bitchin when its ridin smooth. hope you get your cash back bud

13. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

It is a few reasons and I have not chosen which route to go.
    1) shipping to AZ would make the cost go up atleast another 500-600 round trip and im not made of tons of cash

I totally understand the cost involved with shipping and I too, am not made of cash.

2) in the event something did happen. it would be nice to have a shop that is near vs 8 hours away.

Peace of mind being close vs. peace of mind knowing that it's done right.

3)i did check out starlite and really liked the work I saw and after talking with people they do come highly recommended.

Don't know them but if you choose that route, you will post your experience with them as well as pictures of the work.

I would love to have el polocko do the front suspension and still may go that route. I am looking at all cost involved etc. I just filed the law suit today small claims $9000 suit. If I collect the money then cost would not really weigh in as much as if i am coming out of pocket. I would like to go with the dakota set up and like I said still may go that route. I just have to figure out how this situation is going to unfold.

Like you, I'd wait for a judgement one way or another, before I made the final desicion on what to do. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  14. Friends don't let friends hire mintruck "builders"

15. Blake84

Blake84

Apparently not enough. I did contact as many fabrication shops I could find. When I mentioned my year truck he was mentioning all the compatible clips and was mentioning all my options. He was not the cheapest and not the most expensive. I got quoted 1500 to 10k. I brought gambino stepnotch An four link as well as airbags and equipment brand new. I asked for rear install of gambino as well as front jaguar clip with power steering. I paid $4500 and after reviewing his truck and him explaining everything which seemed like an echo of what every other builder was saying I thought this guy knows what he is talkin about. Also his site has tons of cars he did work on and he just seemed like he had his shit together. A bunch of trophies and magazine covers etc. I did a lot of research on which suspension to use and read a lot of threads on here and settled with jaguar clip. He said he just got finished doing 2. Of them. Then I end up with this cluster of shit under my from end. Just a nightmare. I thought I did correct research I must have called 20 shops

16. daddio211

daddio211

The BBB won't do anything except take your complaint. IF this shop is a member (they have to pay monthly dues) the shop will get preferential treatment over you and your claim. If they're not a member, nothing will happen.

The BBB is a business, and they keep their income flowing by dues from happy members. If they were the big, bad watchdog the consumer worlds think they are no business would subscribe. It's really kind if a scam.

Best of luck to you. And here's another vote for El Polacko. Do you understand that he's not JUST a certified welder but an actual engineer? That means he knows how to make things come together to work as a unified solution, rather than welding (and I use that term loosely) parts on in hopes the owner doesn't join the HAMB!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's another vote for ElPolacko. His work is first-rate, buy far. All you need to is find a competent welder, and you will have NO problems with the Dakota setup.

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Anything could happen, even on a perfect install, there are many variables on the road, and any fail is not necessarely to blame on the install/installers.
    so i agree with Blake, knowin they are around the corner for anything deffo brings peace of mind, and i think he deserves it.

19. r7bis

r7bis

If ELP has a dakota kit for your truck, why not buy it and have starlite install it for you?

20. Blake84

Blake84

Never thought of that will check on that!

COURT IS SEPTEMBER 5 at 8:30 AM!

21. [QUOTE
    COURT IS SEPTEMBER 5 at 8:30 AM![/QUOTE]

Stinks you have to wait so long, but at least in Cali you have 12 months to enjoy your cars....

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Starlite folks are good people. Had a nice shop tour the last time I was down there.

23. rat nasty

rat nasty

the way you/your truck was done was terible!
    man you gotta super kool ol truck please dont try to drive it and chance anything on it breaking putting your life/families life in danger or anybody else for that matter...
    have one of the guys on here look at it that was mentioned and who knows maybe the rear has a few things that might need attention also? this will eventually work out for you in the end you'll see!

almost forgot...how did you hear of the hamb? and i wonder how "josh" found the hamb? I think you are already thankfull you found these helpful hambers!

24. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

damn that blows that this wont be settled in court for some time. BUT! you can look at it this way... you now have that much more time to get more and more affidavits from other shops and experts about how dangerous and shitty their work was.

25. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Wow Amazing to see that they are letting this go to court seeing how they don't have a leg to stand on.
    What happened to the debit card refund? you mentioned they gave you temporary credit while they investigate have they reached a verdict?
    ElPolacko will do the job right for sure but this truck does not need to be re engineered. The local Starlite crew can handle this quite well and have the skills and the patience to do it right. I would bet you truck would be safe in either shops hands but am a big supporter of local businesses.

26. Something like 10 weeks away.... but time will fly between now and then. Agree that now you have ample time to document everything, fresh pictures, etc. I'm sure you will show up well-prepared and strange things can happen inbetween.

Bob

27. Blake84

Blake84

My truck sits parked at my house and its sad just looking at it. I hardly ever drive it if I do its to the gym 3 min away or to my office 3 minutes away only neighborhood streets 15 mph.

I did drive it to starlite. They said. it is a dangerous set up. Not like its going to just fall apart on you but more like over time the bag angle will wear out, if you need to swerve to avoid somthing and a tierod weld fails, bumpsteer throws you into something and hit a huge pothole etc. I will be driving real slow at 6am to the f100 western nationals which is close and that will be the last time I drive the car.

Starlite guys said they do not see anything really done incorrectly with the rear end but they would have set it up different which would have let me have about 6 more inches of bed depth. If you have not seen pics on my page I had to build a really high raised bed to cover step notch but I actually like it high up to carry my motorbikes :D.

Found the H.A.M.B after searching high and low for a 1959 f100 and alot of pictures and posts came up on this site. Also, when I would google a question about my truck it would direct me to this forum so I decided I should propbably become a member so I can learn stuff on here and meet some cool people.

Josh found the H.A.M.B because I called the shop and said check your email and there was a link to this thread. I said look what people are saying about your work. Their response was "THATS WHY WE DONT GO ON THE HAMB ITS A BUNCH OF GUYS WHO THINK THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WE ARE BUILDERS" something along those lines.

I am working on getting alot of documentation and pics. I also talked with the BAR (bureau of auto repair). They said Sik Fabrications under california state law 9884.6 requires all shops that perform repairs or work on cars are required to have a valid ARD registration which these guys DO NOT. They will inspect my truck and that would be the nail in the coffin from a government agency to write a report at how wrong this set up is. I really shouldnt need anything else (but ill have tons of back up)

debit card company still investigating. I have turned over all my evidence on my behalf and now they give SIK Fabrications some time to turn over whatever they have. probably take 3-4 weeks im assuming.

Checked with el polocko no kit yet for my truck.

28. That and the fact they are fucking hacks and have basically been laughed off this thread alone:rolleyes:

Please don't even drive that truck the 3 minutes to the gym. The person you kill may be yourself or someones son or daughter. And I say that sincerely.

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Yeah we've seen what kind of "Builders" they are. Guys who can't hang always talk the loudest shit to make up for it, doesn't make up for the fact that they're a bunch of hackjob punks. Sorry you're payin for it dude.

30. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Tman..whoa...weird...