Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Zealand crushes street racers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by memaerobilia, Jun 20, 2012.

1. memaerobilia

memaerobilia

2. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Must be a real problem to go that serious.

3. Gromit

Gromit

For repeat offenders I can see taking drastic action. Seen too many innocents die from street racing jackasses running lights.

4. Too bad that isn't the policy in this country. The morons doing the street racing need the "toys" taken away

5. Swifster

Swifster

Some states and cities actually do this. Saw a story on this a few years ago regarding street racers in CA.

6. 3x in 4 yrs pretty much displays a complete disregard for the law and safety. There's no chance of the offender stopping.
    What I see happening is the theft rate of cars going up. "crush it, its not mine" mentality

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yup. bunch of shit. take someones car for doing something stupid with it? why not take them for texting as well. I'm sure more people have died or had serious injuries from some idiot talking on the phone than street racing.

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Damn straight...

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

There really is no excuse to street race. We have enough 1/8 and 1/4 mile tracks in this country that a person can do it legally on .

When I was young and dumb I street raced and got caught. When I went before the Judge he asked where my Attorney was and I said I didn't have one, and he said I better get one because I was facing 3 years in jail ! :eek: I got a good Attorney and got off with a years loss of license instead, and walking for a year taught me some valuable lessons.

It might have been one thing to street race in the 50's or 60's when the cars were slower and the streets less crowded, but with cars as quick as they are today and overly crowded roads it is so much more dangerous.

Don

10. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

I got caught in my 33 Nash,doing 94 in a 45. Really stupid of me , 860.00 ticket, insurance surcharge over three years was 3,900.00 lost license for one year! Never did I ever street race again, the other guy had pulled way ahead of me maybe doing 115,120 mph, he got away! Somebody from out of town, knew the car but not the drivers name. Good for him!

11. koolkemp

koolkemp

They can do it in Ontario (Canada) lots of problems with street racers in Toronto got the law passed....

12. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I participated at a couple OT car forums. There are a bunch of guys driving cars with 800-1500 horse power. There are sometimes videos they have shot freeway racing.

13. Moose223

Moose223

Yep drive it like it's stolen...no excuse!

14. draggler

draggler

The higher the worlds population grows the more extreme govts must go to maintain order!

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The kids with the little zippy zoom fart piped cars drive crazy enough around here when they aren't racing let alone when they are street racing a mile over from the house on the road that goes by my buddy's house. It will be hell to pay if they ever run into the drive around and drink brigade when they stop on that road to dump out their Corona bottles. I can see the headlines: Street racer runs over speeing in the middle of the road.
    I got scares shitless street racing my 69 Cutlass in 1969 at Golden Gardens in Seattle when I was running side by side with a Roadrunner at about 90 mph and a VW bug pulled out of one of the marinas and put putted up the street. Even when you think you are pretty safe you can't always control what others do.

16. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Kind of a waste to me. Its not the cars fault. Auction it off and give the money to charity.

17. striper

striper

Been happening in Oz for a few years now. I don't have a problem with it. They're not going to take my car for a little chirp through the gears. It's only for repeat offenders and for extreme disregard for others safety.

Pete

18. You would have been better off spending that coin to make yours the fast one that gets away :D

Don's Hot Rod,,, the closest track here is in vegas, 2 hours away. You REALLY think someone sitting at a light is going to say "hey, why don't we head to Vegas with gas being as much as it is to settle this"? No, the words BRING IT, are much more likely. :rolleyes:

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Make that 3X!

20. brad chevy

brad chevy

Laws the law,if they are stupid enough to do it anyway,tickets must not work so harsher penalties will stop it. Street racing used to be big all over but to expensive now.

21. tarpley1

tarpley1

not everyone is smart enough to street race.... not saying it should happin but totaly exterminating it is kinda like cutting the balls off our hobby and its roots , just my opinion

there are way too many retards in normal cars that should lose ther rite to drive before a guy in his hot rod should .. again opinion:cool:

22. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

In USA yes.. but in NZ & AUS tracks are few & far between & most events have limited numbers of entrants with many cars turned away at the gate..

Our Gov'ts should be spending the $ to give kids an outlet for their racing needs..not crushing their cars.. teach by example for Gods sake ! :mad:

We have more sports grounds for Football, Baseball, Soccer, Skateboard parks or whatever sport you wish to play.. more than can be counted.. but if kids want to race their cars, they have no outlet...frustration is sure to set in...

The $ spent implementing this stupid legislation could have built a track or two.. :rolleyes:

23. not hot rod....rice burner and there's way too many of them so a few going back to taiwan as cubes is a good thing:D

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A close call broke me of that habit. About 25 years ago.

25. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Not a Hot Rod. Not Traditional. Not a Custom.

But I do love this line... "Don't hoon around neighbourhoods doing wheelies."